Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
k1n9j4m35
Can barely lace up my sneakers

k1n9j4m35 has an OK reputation so far
Default Help against big man

im about 5'9" and so im not that tall. I can be fast when i want to so that is not the issue. The issue is that there is this guy who is 6 inches (at least) taller than me and his arms are literally like an orangutang. He sags in the key and i look for others to pass to, but those people are always well defended. How can i beat this guy if he is just going to sag in the key? My jumper isn't all that great and i never can find anyone to pass the ball to. I can almost touch rim (just another damn inch!!) and this guy cannot dunk, but he can get his wrist at the rim. He is also kinda skinny but he is REALLY long. How can I win goddamn it? It frustrates me cuz we don't call fouls when we play and he blocks me a lot. Please, if you could, help me.
k1n9j4m35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:23 AM   #2
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Help against big man

learn to hit a shot... that will draw him out so you can dribble penetrate and dish... dribble penetrate and wait for help defenders to collapse then pass da rock....
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:10 AM   #3
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
learn to hit a shot... that will draw him out so you can dribble penetrate and dish... dribble penetrate and wait for help defenders to collapse then pass da rock....
couldn't have put it better myself.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
Unreal Skill
Love me or Hate me

Unreal Skill has an OK reputation so far

I have same problem but it's about the defense. I want to know how do you defend someone that taller than you, with longer arms for their height. How do you defend them? I usually fall for their fake pumps...

Last edited by Unreal Skill : 04-20-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Unreal Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
freethrow

freethrow has an OK reputation so far

That's more a reaction thing. You're LETTING him sike you out instead of leading with your confidence. That makes you taller in any repect, even physically.

www.sportskool.com
freethrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #6
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

On defense, when they're backing down, remember that taller people have to dribble higher. That makes it a lot easier for you to knock the ball away. Make sure you don't foul though, don't be too aggressive in your steal attempts. But if they already have position, there's not much you can do with a 6" height difference (unless they're extremely crap)
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #7
Agent ZER0

Agent ZER0 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stat2
On defense, when they're backing down, remember that taller people have to dribble higher. That makes it a lot easier for you to knock the ball away. Make sure you don't foul though, don't be too aggressive in your steal attempts. But if they already have position, there's not much you can do with a 6" height difference (unless they're extremely crap)

Yes there is a ton of things you can do. Look steve nash is 6' right? and he is white. Do you know how he is driving on guys that are a foot taller then him? He makes contact and creates space that way. The best way to make space ironicly is to create contact and us the space you get to get your best shot. Also use your speed, even if you aren't a great shoot, it don't matter use the rim to protect the ball by doing reverses also you said they aren't calling fouls so there isnt any offensive fouls so really go into him. It has helped me soo much especially for me during AAU. I'm 6'4" and white and ussually going up against very athletic 6'6"+ guys so I have found that using my body to create space makes it a lot easier to score even if I'm not as athletic or as tall.

So try it and tell me how it goes it may take a little practice, I'm still getting used to doing it.
Agent ZER0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: