Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

CLEVELAND - [b]San Antonio director of pro player personnel Dell Demps said the other day Talk

Quote Originally Posted by jerky10
    @ Lebron23
    Do you have updates of the Fil-Shams that played in the Philippines. Rob Parker, Sonny Alvarado, Al Segova, Matt Mitchell, Jon Ordonio, and etc.

I heard that Sonny Alvarado is playing in the Puerto Rican League, Al Segova is in the USA the reason he leave the Philippines is because he is having an affair to Jackie Paras, Matt Mitchell, Jon Ordonio and Rob Parker are semi retired from playing proffessional basketball.

Decent playground baller jerky10's Avatar

So does Segova really have Filipino roots? Who else among the Fil-Shams you remember that are still playing pro ball right now?

Learning to shoot layups

Talking Re: Philippine Basketball Association Thread

ALASKA LEFTIES DO EVERYTHING RIGHT

Aces take commanding 2-0 semis lead vs. SMB

Friday, 22 June 2007

Alaska’s left-handed players did most of the damage as the Aces handed San Miguel Beer a 93-68 beating in Game 2 Friday night to take a commanding 2-0 lead in their best-of-7 semifinal series in the Talk ‘N Text-PBA Fiesta Conference at the Araneta Coliseum.
    After the Beermen raced to a 6-3 lead in the first two and a half minutes of the game, lefties Rosell Ellis, John Ferriols, Willie Miller and Reynel Hugnatan combined to score 15 points in a 22-2 run during the remainder of the first period as Alaska broke the game wide open. Those four Aces actually outscored the entire SMB squad which trailed 22-8 at the end of the first 12 minutes of play as the Beermen matched the lowest output in a quarter this conference.

Another left-handed player in Eddie Laure joined in the scoring fray, pouring in all his nine points in the two middle periods and helping Alaska take leads of as much 33 in the one-sided game, which turned out to be San Miguel Beer’s worst loss in three conferences under head coach Siot Tanquingcen, including his interim stints in the 2002 Governors and Commissioner’s Cups.

“Yes my lefties did everything right tonight. But I really felt all my players did a wonderful job. I thought we defended well early in the basketball game,” Alaska head coach Tim Cone said in the post-game conference.

Ellis finished with 17 points to lead the Aces which had all their 13 players breaking into the scoring column. Hugnatan added 13, Ferriols 12 and Miller 11 as Alaska’s five southpaws combined for 62 points, just six short of equaling the entire San Miguel Beer output.

The Beermen, who are down 0-2 in a best-of-7 series for the first time since the 2001 Commissioner’s Cup Finals against Red Bull, just couldn’t find their shots in the early goings, shooting just 24.3% from the field en route to being 20 down and scoring just 25 points at halftime.

“San Miguel always has one bad game once in a while and then they comeback strong and win the next three… four games. So that’s one bad game out of the way,” Cone said.

Only two players scored in double figures for San Miguel Beer with Galen Young and Rico Villanueva finishing with 20 and 16 points, respectively.

Alaska, which is eyeing its first Finals appearance in a regular conference since the 2002 Governors Cup and hasn’t won in an import-laden conference since the 1998 Commissioner’s Cup, will try to make it 3-0 on Sunday also at the Big Dome.

The 25-point margin of victory was the biggest for the Aces since their 102-72 rout of Barangay Ginebra last Oct. 19, 2005 in this very same conference last season. (DBC)

The scores:

Alaska 93 – Ellis 17, Hugnatan 13, Ferriols 12, Miller 11, Laure 9, Belasco 8, Cariaso 6, Thoss 4, Singson 4, Aban 3, Cortez 2, Bajar 2, Juinio 2.

San Miguel Beer 68 – Young 20, Villanueva 16, Ildefonso 8, Pena 6, Espinas 5, Gonzales 3, Cablay 3, Racela 3, Tenorio 2, Wilson 2, Adriano 0, Calaguio 0.

Quarterscores: 25-8, 45-25, 70-38, 93-68.
    Last edited by Deathvainx; 06-22-2007 at 10:23 AM.

ALASKA KNOCKING ON FINALS DOOR

Cortez-led Aces turn back furious SMB rally in endgame for 3-1 lead

Wednesday, 27 June 2007

After playing a cameo role for three quarters, Mike Cortez returned in the fourth period, took charge and guided the Alaska Aces to a 93-87 victory over the San Miguel Beermen Wednesday night in Game 4 of their semifinal series in the Talk

If the LA Tenorio and JJ Trade would happen this would be Ginebra's possible lineup.

Starting 5

C- Eric Menk
    F- Raffy Reavis
    F- Gabby Espinas
    G- Mark Caguioa
    G- LA Tenorio

Off the Bench

G- Ronald Tubid
    F- Sunday Salvacion
    F- Ken Bono
    F- Mike Holper
    C- Billy Mamaril
    G- Jec Chia
    G- Mark Macapagal

Coach: Jong Uichico
    Asst: Siot Tanquincen, Pido Jarencio and Dudut Jaworski

This would be a great mix of young and veteran talent for our team.

If i was trying to save money but also keep my team around for the next decade, i would be willing to trade JJ Helterbrand for lets say LA Tenorio and Gabby Espinas and a high 1st rounder.

It helps the team alot more than trading JJ for LA
    imagine having LA Tenorio and MC for the next 10years
    Last edited by Lebron23; 06-28-2007 at 03:59 AM.

[quote author=than link=topic=161631.msg780320#msg780320 date=1183040988]
    Gabe Norwood could try the short cut route in making himself eligible in the rookie draft by commiting himself, of course with the help from RP team coaching staff's to represent the country in the Jones Cup as a regular member.

That way, even if he still havent played a single amateur game, he can be eligible.

Regarding my take on what position SMB needs to draft, i will go for a pure point guard.

Smb(coke) has 1 lottery ball vs 2 from Welcoat, & if ever Welcoat wins the lottery, they will surely draft a Big Man to help JR Reyes man the Frontline.

They are looking for either Ken Bono, Samigue Eman or Joe Devance.

Now SMB assuming they picks 2nd, they could go for a star PG in preparation on Olsen's retirement.

LA Tenorio needs a back court partner as Brandon Cablay is not a pure PG.
    If Gabe Norwood become eligible & subsequently applies for the draft, i'm 100% sure that coach Chot Reyes will select him. He was the one who discovered anyway.

If not, then theres Filam Ryan Reyes or homegrown Jason Castro.

Smb could also draft the best talent available if Norwood didnt apply for the draft & that could be anyone Welcoat did not select from Ken Bono to Joe Devance & it could be a trade bait for a star PG from other teams.

Samigue Eman is out of SMB's equation as coach Chot Reyes doesn't like Eman's work ethic when he was invited to the National training Pool.

I've heard another Filam prospect Rob Reyes had no interest at all to apply for the draft.

Earlier today, i met mega agent Danny Espiritu in Glorietta. He had a meeting with 1 Fil-Canadian guard who wants to enter the draft. I saw him, he's not that big. Maybe 5-10 or 5-11.

SMB will surely trade 1 to 3 players after this conference to have roster space availble when DS,DH & LT returns to active duty.
    [/quote]

This will be a great turn of events for PBA and San Miguel Beermen.

Quote Originally Posted by Than
    Gabe Norwood could try the short cut route in making himself eligible in the rookie draft by commiting himself, of course with the help from RP team coaching staff's to represent the country in the Jones Cup as a regular member.

That way, even if he still havent played a single amateur game, he can be eligible.

Regarding my take on what position SMB needs to draft, i will go for a pure point guard.

Smb(coke) has 1 lottery ball vs 2 from Welcoat, & if ever Welcoat wins the lottery, they will surely draft a Big Man to help JR Reyes man the Frontline.

They are looking for either Ken Bono, Samigue Eman or Joe Devance.

Now SMB assuming they picks 2nd, they could go for a star PG in preparation on Olsen's retirement.

LA Tenorio needs a back court partner as Brandon Cablay is not a pure PG.
    If Gabe Norwood become eligible & subsequently applies for the draft, i'm 100% sure that coach Chot Reyes will select him. He was the one who discovered anyway.

If not, then theres Filam Ryan Reyes or homegrown Jason Castro.

Smb could also draft the best talent available if Norwood didnt apply for the draft & that could be anyone Welcoat did not select from Ken Bono to Joe Devance & it could be a trade bait for a star PG from other teams.

Samigue Eman is out of SMB's equation as coach Chot Reyes doesn't like Eman's work ethic when he was invited to the National training Pool.

I've heard another Filam prospect Rob Reyes had no interest at all to apply for the draft.

Earlier today, i met mega agent Danny Espiritu in Glorietta. He had a meeting with 1 Fil-Canadian guard who wants to enter the draft. I saw him, he's not that big. Maybe 5-10 or 5-11.

SMB will surely trade 1 to 3 players after this conference to have roster space availble when DS,DH & LT returns to active duty.

This will be a great turn of events for PBA and San Miguel Beermen.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 06-28-2007 at 05:16 PM.

anu bang kagaguhan to ..Tae ang pba ! wala na ang karisma ng pba ngayon .
    Vergel Meneses pa rin no.1!!!!! asa philippine team magjakol na lang sila

PHONE PALS ESCAPE WITH A GAME 5 THRILLER OF A WIN

Sullinger fires 10 of team

SAN MIGUEL STAYS ALIVE

6 in double figures as Beermen survive 5th do-or-die game

Friday, 29 June 2007

The San Miguel magical ride rolled on Friday night, keeping the team

Learning to shoot layups BeeClips's Avatar

and we all shine on.

tell raul de castro i said whats up.

IN HUDDLE
    [color=blue]Two PBA teams selling their franchises? [/color]

By Beth Celis
    Inquirer (http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...ticle_id=74153)
    Last updated 05:03am (Mla time) 07/01/2007

MANILA, Philippines

HARD-EARNED DOUBLE OT WIN OVER SMB BRINGS ACES TO FINALS

Hugnatan, Ferriols deliver in 2nd OT

Sunday, 01 July 2007

Reynel Hugnatan made two crucial free throws with 53 seconds remaining in the second overtime and the Alaska Aces eliminated the San Miguel Beermen, 113-109, in Game 6 of their semifinal series Sunday night to advance to the Finals of the 2007 Talk

CARDONA, BILLONES KEY SERIES CLINCHER FOR TNT

Phone Pals arrange Finals showdown vs. Alaska

Monday, 02 July 2007

The reigning champions hit the end of the road, setting the stage for a new rivalry in a PBA finals.

Talk n Text arranged a first-ever title showdown with Alaska Milk as the Pals foiled the Red Bull Barakos' title-retention bid in the 2007 Talk n Text PBA Fiesta Cup.

The Pals rode high on career games of Macmac Cardona and Egay Billones to oust the Barakos, 122-110, in the sixth game of their best-of-seven semifinals showdown at the Araneta Coliseum Sunday night.

Cardona came through with 38 points -- his third career-best output in their last seven games