Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-26-2007, 11:11 PM   #16
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: bigger threat to Lakers early in the decade: Blazers or Kings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Good thread.

The bigger rivalry was the Portland Trailblazers.
I stopped reading right there.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:24 PM   #17
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Good thread.

The bigger rivalry was the Portland Trailblazers. The Portland Trailblazers were constantly in the media for their on-court success and off-the-court problems. The Kobe Bryant Verses Scottie Pippen was a rivalry that people forgot about.

Damon Stoudamire, Bonzi Wells, Rasheed Wallace, Steve Smith, Scottie Pippen, Arvydas Sabonis, Ruben Patterson, and so many more players have battled against the Los Angeles Lakers. Mike Dunleavy Senior was a great coach for them.

Their General Manager, Bob Whitsitt, did a lot for the team. He did a lot, mainly because the owner had deep pockets, but there was so much excitement and energy at that time.

Los Angeles Lakers verses Portland Trailblazers was the fight of the night; a battle of beasts. It was a rivalry that's still a little bit alive today. The Los Angeles Lakers have lost a lot of games at the Rose Garden lately, and the "Beat LA" chants and signs still reign supreme at the Rose Garden anytime the Los Angeles Lakers play the Portland Trailblazers at the Rose Garden.

I just remember from that playoff matchup just how AWESOME the atmosphere was. You just had a pair of heavyweights going back and forth. Both teams (with exceptions) were young, hungry, and just going up and down the court. This was the series in which I really thought that Bonzi Wells was gonna become a star in this league. He was just such an energizer off the bench. His sweet moves to the basket really fired up the crowd and kept the Blazers alive. He was one of the key players for Portland in that series.

In that pivotal 7th game, Portland had L.A. on the ropes. Despite all the excitment and star studded talent on that roster, they had no closer. Noone on that team could command leadership. Pippen was the closest, but he was just too old by this point in his career. It was a swift, spectacular fall.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #18
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I just remember from that playoff matchup just how AWESOME the atmosphere was. You just had a pair of heavyweights going back and forth. Both teams (with exceptions) were young, hungry, and just going up and down the court. This was the series in which I really thought that Bonzi Wells was gonna become a star in this league. He was just such an energizer off the bench. His sweet moves to the basket really fired up the crowd and kept the Blazers alive. He was one of the key players for Portland in that series.

In that pivotal 7th game, Portland had L.A. on the ropes. Despite all the excitment and star studded talent on that roster, they had no closer. Noone on that team could command leadership. Pippen was the closest, but he was just too old by this point in his career. It was a swift, spectacular fall.

You're right about Game 7. I know some people who are Portland Trailblazers fans. They cringe anytime they see highlights on any random sports show because it's always the Kobe Bryant lob to Shaquille O'Neal who threw it down over Brian Grant to give the Los Angeles Lakers the win, I think.

Bonzi Wells was loved by the Portland Trailblazers fans until he went on a sports magazine and called out the Portland Trailblazers fans. After that, he's received so much hate and still gets booed anytime he plays in the Rose Garden.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:35 PM   #19
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
I stopped reading right there.

You should've stopped breathing as well.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:52 PM   #20
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
You should've stopped breathing as well.
OOOOOH you got me there.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:59 PM   #21
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I am talking about the 2000-2002 run, but I didn't really mention specific years at the beginning of my thread, so that is my fault for not being more clear. Yes, the Spurs did beat the Lakers in 2003, but I was just comparing/contrasting these 2 teams that NEARLY beat them.......
aha i know... if i have to pick one then i'm going to say the trailblazers... they were a deeper team than the kings... the kings had a good team but never the complete package, as a lakers fan i never worried about the kings, all bark and no bite, where as the trailblazers had not only depth they had guys who had won it all to lead the team... but i'll say the kings had a better home crowd than the trailblazers...

Last edited by gts : 08-27-2007 at 12:08 AM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:36 AM   #22
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

kings but the portland series was more entertaining
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:40 AM   #23
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

it was the last we heard of blazers playoff prominence after the lakers hurdled passed them. the kings gave them two years of nailbiting series which makes them the take on this one.

Last edited by FashionIssues : 08-27-2007 at 02:43 AM.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:50 AM   #24
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: bigger thread to Lakers early in the decade: Blazers or Kings?

yeah the Kings got the closest
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:14 AM   #25
jazz12
Banned

jazz12 has an OK reputation so far

Any team really the Lakers are on the decline.

Anyways the Blazer is a team that is stockpiling the talent to win multiple championships, though it'll be hard to keep them all together for the long run. I expect another lottery season for them while Oden gets acclimated. Man imagine if they can get Chase Budinger or Nicolas Batum next year? Also, people have seemed to forget about Joel Freeland... They've got so much talent and depth up front it's unreal...
jazz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:20 AM   #26
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz12

Anyways the Blazer is a team that is stockpiling the talent to win multiple championships, though it'll be hard to keep them all together for the long run. I expect another lottery season for them while Oden gets acclimated. Man imagine if they can get Chase Budinger or Nicolas Batum next year? Also, people have seemed to forget about Joel Freeland... They've got so much talent and depth up front it's unreal...
You need to re-read the thread...
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:21 AM   #27
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz12

Um, we were kind of talking about 6 years ago.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:34 AM   #28
jazz12
Banned

jazz12 has an OK reputation so far

I can't read
jazz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: