Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 12-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation
Default Bernie not interested in AI

Quote:
We're not interested in mortgaging the future,'' Bernie Bickerstaff said Monday, when asked if the team will make an offer for Iverson. "We're pleased with our young players and we don't want to part with any of them.

Sucks when that could have injected some serious excitement into our squad, and maybe a playoff bid. Too bad. I guess we'll stick the course and hopefully we develope into something special.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

No, Jordan isn't interested in AI. The two must have met and Jordan gave a no-no.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:31 AM   #3
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

If they are saying that then it's fine by me despite having clamered for us to go for him last off-season.

The one thing with this statement is I feel we really have to go after a couple of big players at the end of this season if we don't go for A.I. now. With a deal like grabbing VC and Oden together a possibility this would help more than A.I. now turning us into an average team, but will we actually do something like that? If not I'd be pretty angry if we end up going after just an average FA with our cap space since we are in such a rare position in the modern NBA in terms of Cap and have an opportunity to bring in a special player to make up for the three years by that point of not spending a penny.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:42 AM   #4
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

Basically saying that he almost came on monday but he wasn't keen on being a bobcat. Think he'd have a better chance to win something here with our young players and Okafor than in Philly with Webber but it's far from an immediate contender which is what he wants. Also as others say on that board, with our cap space we should be able to get a star who's younger than A.I. and still absorb the contract without worry (plus get a better draft pick next off-season than doing average with A.I. now). More I think about it the more I hope we don't get him now that it could actually happen lol.

Last edited by insidehoops : 01-09-2007 at 05:20 AM.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Next year, if Bernie doesn't at least make some offers to some superstars then I'll draw up a petition to get him fired.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:04 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Next year, if Bernie doesn't at least make some offers to some superstars then I'll draw up a petition to get him fired.

Remember--Robert Johnson has to be willing to open his wallet AND MJ has to have an expansive view. Next year Bernie will likely not be the coach--he'll be the GM only.

As far as a petition to get Bernie 'relieved of his head coaching responsibilities'--Why wait until next season? I think that by half-way through the current season we'll have a better idea of whether or not the Cats problems are mostly due to Bickerstaff. By then there will be enough fans who are tired and angry that public pressure can be applied to atleast make fans opinions known.

Your thoughts?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:42 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

True, maybe I'll make a petition to get someone to steal Johnson's account number.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Charlotte Observer
Quote:
Charlotte Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff angrily denied a report in today’s Philadelphia Inquirer, saying the Bobcats were close to a deal to acquire Allen Iverson.

“No. That’s the biggest crap I’ve ever seen,’’ Bickerstaff said of a report that Iverson killed a deal by saying he wouldn’t play for the Bobcats. (Read the Philadelphia report. )

Bickerstaff said he never was close to a deal to acquire Iverson. Rather, Bickerstaff said, he offered the team’s abundance of salary-cap room as a potential aid to Sixers chief Billy King.

“Our situation with Billy King,’’ Bickerstaff said, “would be acting as a facilitator if that works to help us.’’

In other news, Bickerstaff said center Primoz Brezec will replace forward Adam Morrison in the starting lineup Wednesday against the Cleveland Cavaliers. That will restore the group Bickerstaff originally wanted to start: Raymond Felton, Brevin Knight, Gerald Wallace, Emeka Okafor and Primoz Brezec.

Bickerstaff also wants to take some pressure off rookie Morrison, who shot 4-of-34 in his last four games.

“We want him to be comfortable – just be Adam,’’ Bickerstaff said. “He just need to relax and that will come.’’
Thought that was kind of funny.

Also, on a side note about the starting lineups, Adam Morrison needs to suck it up and play some damn basketball, Brezec starting will only end up in another 20 point loss because Okafor doesn't do anything at PF.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:43 PM   #9
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

At this point I think that the Cats could trade Hermann, Ely and Brezec and not one of them would be missed. I also wonder why Bernie insists on starting Brezec? Even B-Rob would be better than that. Let Primo come off the bench when he is needed and put Morrison into the D-League until he gers serious about playing basketball.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:12 PM   #10
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Now, now, putting Morrison in the D League won't help him at all. But I do agree with you about Brezec, Ely and Hermann being traded and not being missed. Carroll, Ely, or Anderson should start over Brezec.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:08 AM   #11
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

What is going on with Morrison. I have only seen 1 Cat game and he played great. Why do people think he should be sent to the D-League?
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:19 AM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
What is going on with Morrison. I have only seen 1 Cat game and he played great. Why do people think he should be sent to the D-League?

Because most of his games have been 3 for 10 and sorry stats like that. (When he's not scoring 20+ points). A few games he's been spectacular yet sometimes he doesn't seem to be serious about playing. Of course he is the highest scoring rookie of this season so far but those of us who watch all or at least most of the Cats games this season are frankly very frustrated with the entire situation of the team.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: