Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #61
evinecz
Banned

Default Re: AI is the most overrated player in the history of the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yes because Webber had nothing to do with it right? LOL When AI didnt play and Webber was in the lineup? Team was no better and Iggy was not even the #2 option at times. He didnt have the balls then. You type 20ppg and 10rpg like it means anything? All it proves is AI could play with another scorer. But stats dont tell the whole story how Webber was a lockeroom cancer. How Webber was immobile, slow on transition defense and got whored defensively because while he gave you 20? He gave up 30-35. But you nor others here mention that? You and others dont mention how many shots Webber took for such a PASSING, let me type it again for such a PASSING big man. Its funny. Like Webber passed up shots for Iggy. Iggy wasnt even the certified #3 option. Kyle Korver at times were, the two traded off. Iggy was passive and deferred to AI AND, let me type this again AND Webber. But the genius in you? Hey you dont type that in your reply. Why? So get your facts straight. This whole crap that the Sixers played better once they traded AI is hilarious given the fact they got rid of Webber as well. Who was a big problem on the Sixers that you nor anyone on this board f*cking RECOGNIZES.

Sixers were 38-42 the season prior to AI being traded, Webber being bought out. The Sixers this season are 40-42. Yeah man they are a whole lot better. You wanna know what the Sixers are better at with the 40-42 than 38-42? Defense. Something Mr. PASSER Chris Webber didnt f*cking bring. The season before that when Webber first arrived? Sixers were 43-39. So how the f*ck is the 40-42 Sixers that much BETTER than the previous 2yrs with AI/Webber?

Recap
43-39
38-42

vs

40-42

Let me guess, Sixers are better because what? You get to see a collection of unsung heros each and every night? Cool, one game is Thad, another Iggy, another Dre, another Sammy. Thats awesome, and really for a rebuilding team it is! But how much are they BETTER?

Wait surely you're not even gonna say "They made the playoffs". LOL As much as you or anyone want to believe it? They got FORTUNATE to be HEALTHY all season while other teams were TEABAGGED with injuries or flat out bombed surprisingly.

Who here had Miami Heat out of the playoffs?
Who here had Indiana Pacers out of the playoffs?
Who here had Chicago Bulls out of the playoffs?
Who here had NJ Nets with Jason I pass more than AI Kidd out of the playoffs?
Who here had Milw Bucks lookin like total crap?

Where are the NY Knicks fans? Come out come out wherever you are? Take the brown bags off your heads and show your faces. Let me guess, before the season you just KNEW you would be in the Beasley/Rose hunt huh? Get the f*ck outta here.

So lets not act like the East is so damn strong and competitive that the Sixers actually made the playoffs ontop of it. They damn near made it in SPITE of the mishappenings elsewhere and that has been the THEME all season for this team. Taking advantage of what is there and running with it. Kudos for getting to the playoffs. Kudos for beating Detroit 2 times already. But dont for one second think that 40-42 record would STAND if Heat, Bulls, Pacers, Bucks, and the pathetic franchise as the Knicks PLAYED WORTH A DAMN. Lets be real. Half those teams play like most of you in this bytch predicted, forcasted and that 40-42 can easily be 35-47 or worst. It wouldnt have been BETTER, thats a damn fact! But you idiots here dont look at the big picture. Just the spot on the paintaing that has you sporting a woody, no harrelson.

And last for all the #2 scoring options clowns here say AI had, ran out of town, didnt make better. All one needs to do is tell me what the f*ck are they doing now? What the f*ck did they do since leaving AI side.

Tim Thomas
Larry Hughes
Jerry Stackhouse
Toni Kukoc
Chris Webber
Glen Robinson

You knowledgable basketball fans sit there and punch keys what these #2 scorers did since leaving Philly since these are the guys AI ran off since he cant play with another scorer (proving it wrong in Denver bigtime).

Anyone said AI = MVP?
Anyone said AI = top 10 player?
Anyone said AI best SG not named MJ?
Anyone said AI = top 10 player of all time?

Where is he being overrated? What is being said? The fact people love a guy who plays 40+mpg a night while some nurse hurt coochies while collecting multimillions? Hilarious. Overrated is SHAQ BEING A DOMINANT FORCE AND IMPACT PLAYER IN THE NBA. Overrated is SHAQ GOING TO THE SUNS BEING A GOOD TRADE/MAKING THEM BETTER.

But hey what is Jason I get others involved more than AI doing? Sure has Dallas in the WCF huh. F*ck outta here.
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #62
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfirst
Stop hating, AI would be good if he was on a real team.

PG are only good in the system their coaches run. It's not like they make their own plays. The coaching staff makes the plays for them.

Prime example, Nash on the Mavs = crap. Nash on the Suns = MVP, Thanks to D'antoni

dont really feel like going through this entire thread b/c I agree AI is somewhat overrated.

however to say Nash was crap on the Mavs is flat out WRONG and makes you either a liar or an uniformed boob.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:37 PM   #63
kps
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Nash is great but he's been overrated himself at times, every great player has
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #64
TheHonestTruth
Banned

I can't believe the threadstarter could confuse AI and Kobe.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:32 PM   #65
shaoyut
Local High School Star

hes sorta overatted but no that much
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:22 AM   #66
amfirst
Good college starter

He on the downside of his career it happens. In his prime he was pretty good.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:06 AM   #67
w00terz
FACT

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfirst
He on the downside of his career it happens. In his prime he was pretty good.

Yet there is not a single, solid piece of evidence to back up your opinion.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:41 AM   #68
dafunkphenom
Living Legend

AI is still in the top tier of NBA players (By that I mean the top 12 or 13) In my opinion that makes him pretty friggin good. He's always played for crap teams. Philly was crap and he lead them to the ECF. Denver is one of the worst coached teams in the league. For all those that say they have some of the most talent in the league and should win...they do. They are a 50 win team, but other teams in the West are even more stacked. I don't blame Iverson. He gives it his all every game and doesn't punk out like Carmelo.
dafunkphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:44 AM   #69
krazy19
Serious playground baller

AI is the greatest scorer pound for pound in the history of the NBA.
krazy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: