Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 PM   #16
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Default Re: Is there any doubt about T-Mac

If that were true, there would be a lot less teams getting to the second round of the playoffs, that's for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Are you kidding me!!! TMac soft? How many "soft" players do you know that play with a back spasm, an injured left knee and a messed up shoulder? Heck if that was LeBron James, he would sit out the entire series.

If anything, McGrady is a warrior leading by example. I wish there were more "soft" players in the league like TMac.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #17
bettalaylow
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote:
Are you kidding me!!! TMac soft? How many "soft" players do you know that play with a back spasm, an injured left knee and a messed up shoulder? Heck if that was LeBron James, he would sit out the entire series.

If anything, McGrady is a warrior leading by example. I wish there were more "soft" players in the league like TMac.

back spasm=p*ssy spasm

Every year its the same thing with this guy you think he's the only player in the playoffs that has pain? Look if you go through every single player in the playoffs right now you don't think almost all of them are getting some type of treatment for injuries. Thats the way of life in the pro sports you have pain you have injuries the difference is the ones that are warriors don't even think about it they fight through it and still come out on top. Its almost comical how you act as though Mc Softie is the first known man to have an injury will still competiting in an athletic competition.

Quote:
I agree, replace t-mac with kobe next year and i guarentee they wont make the playoffs. that's how imporatant t-mac is to the rockets franchise

This says a lot about Rocket's fans mind-set. I don't even like Kobe but even I recognize that he has more guts in his pinkie finger that Mc Softie has in his entire body.
bettalaylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #18
Houston'sFinest
Banned

why is it that everyone says the great players are soft? Dirk, T-Mac. its like you guys are just sour about them or something and you are trying to find names to call them
Houston'sFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #19
bettalaylow
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Correction Mc Softie does not equal great. Dirk at least has playoff series wins on his resume Mc Softie has nothing left to offer other then his undeserving fan selection into the all-star game.
bettalaylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #20
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Arguing with Rockets' fans is a waste of time. They are delusional. It's far better to let reality prove you right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalaylow
Correction Mc Softie does not equal great. Dirk at least has playoff series wins on his resume Mc Softie has nothing left to offer other then his undeserving fan selection into the all-star game.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #21
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston'sFinest
I agree, replace t-mac with kobe next year and i guarentee they wont make the playoffs. that's how imporatant t-mac is to the rockets franchise

Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #22
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Quote:
He misses like 40 games every season with injuries like "hang nail", "cut on hand", or "bruised p*ssy".

Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:03 PM   #23
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

Define soft. Because I don't think T-Mac is sof at all. He tries just so damn hard, but in end just gets out-talented or his team mates fail him. Sure, he's got faults, settling for jumpers, lackadasical on defence, but he tries.

A soft person would be somebody who gives up after falling behind. The Rockets were behind by 16 and ended up 2 points down. The guy tries hard, really hard.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #24
dnyk1337
NBA sixth man of the year

His superstar days from Orlando are long gone. I understand him averaging in the low 20s when Yao is playing, but when he's the first and only option on offense, I expect 30+.
dnyk1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #25
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
His superstar days from Orlando are long gone. I understand him averaging in the low 20s when Yao is playing, but when he's the first and only option on offense, I expect 30+.
precisely, although his injuries have taken it's tole on him.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #26
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston'sFinest

Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #27
Houston'sFinest
Banned

im serious, if it ever happens, replace t-mac with kobe and they WON'T get to the playoffs that year. now does it mean that they will never get to the playoffs with kobe? no, but that year they won't.
Houston'sFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #28
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Lebron is a warrior son, he will never miss a game because of a pinkie finger in his non shooting had.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #29
imlmf
Banned

with the talent they have they still played the game down to the wire,
you gotta give them credit for that,
but there is not a bit of doubt that tmac is not the same anymore
imlmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #30
joshwake
Local High School Star

Quote:

all great players play through injuries in the playoffs. even shaq.

the excuses from adleman, mcgrady, the rest of the rockets, and rockets fans are just getting old.

t-macs numbers in the 4th and in the playoffs speak for themselvs. He is averaging 3 points in the 4th quarter of this series. 3!!! whats his carreer shooting % in the 4th quarter of playoff games? something like 35%?! He folds under the pressure. I kinda feel bad for the guy, but still, he is overrated.
joshwake is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: