Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #31
IBLEEDGREEN20
Local High School Star
 
IBLEEDGREEN20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Meredith, NH
Posts: 1,495
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

people are actually sleeping on ether in this thread.. thats wacky


ether and takeover are my top 2 diss records of all time..
IBLEEDGREEN20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:22 PM   #32
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star
 
JohnnyBravo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,775
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Best dis tracks..

1. Hit em up
2. Real motha ****in G's
3. anything else can have this spot

1. No Vaseline
2. The Bridge is over
3. Against All Odds
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #33
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 17,725
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
jay-z overrated? AND untalented? ROFL you're probably just another social reject backpacker. they're all the same. saying jay-z is untalented is like saying mike jordan is untalented. probably GOAT and inarguable top 3 of all time.

and this track itself wasn't a diss, yall are retarded it was just a b.s. freestyle. he made reference to the beef in one line. get over it


Are you a serious person? Jay Z is mainstream garbage, the Britney Spears of rap. It is seriously bad when people listen to Ying Yang twins and call people like Lil Wayne and Jay Z greatest rappers. I wonder WTF are they thinking saying such an ignorant statement. It's like the same people who would stare at some **** smeared on a white canvas and call it art if it was in a museum.

Funny how the more rich you are and exposed you music is you get the title of greatest ever. How the hell does anyone even relate to rap anymore, I don't drink Crystal or drive around in a Maybach. All rappers talk about is the same stuff now day, a life style no one really lives. I guess Tupac already wrote about all the real problems going on that no rapper can come up with anything meaningful to rap about. Sad.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #34
hito da god
look that way >>>>
 
hito da god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,034
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Are you a serious person? Jay Z is mainstream garbage, the Britney Spears of rap. It is seriously bad when people listen to Ying Yang twins and call people like Lil Wayne and Jay Z greatest rappers. I wonder WTF are they thinking saying such an ignorant statement. It's like the same people who would stare at some **** smeared on a white canvas and call it art if it was in a museum.

Funny how the more rich you are and exposed you music is you get the title of greatest ever. How the hell does anyone even relate to rap anymore, I don't drink Crystal or drive around in a Maybach. All rappers talk about is the same stuff now day, a life style no one really lives. I guess Tupac already wrote about all the real problems going on that no rapper can come up with anything meaningful to rap about. Sad.
that's how you know you don't have an objective opinion.

jay-z is an inarguable top three rapper of all time. it's not even a discussion
or matter of opinion. it's a shame that because of his success there are fools like you who don't even give his music a chance because if you had, you'd understand how great of a lyricist he truly is... assuming you have a solid grasp of the english language. listen to his entire catalogue before you go off spewing some underground rap fan bull sh*t.

to quote jay-z, "do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #35
omarnyc
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,713
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
that's how you know you don't have an objective opinion.

jay-z is an inarguable top three rapper of all time. it's not even a discussion
or matter of opinion. it's a shame that because of his success there are fools like you who don't even give his music a chance because if you had, you'd understand how great of a lyricist he truly is... assuming you have a solid grasp of the english language. listen to his entire catalogue before you go off spewing some underground rap fan bull sh*t.

to quote jay-z, "do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"

you really think jay is top 3 all-time?
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #36
suzy
Learning to shoot layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 81
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
that's how you know you don't have an objective opinion.

jay-z is an inarguable top three rapper of all time. it's not even a discussion
or matter of opinion. it's a shame that because of his success there are fools like you who don't even give his music a chance because if you had, you'd understand how great of a lyricist he truly is... assuming you have a solid grasp of the english language. listen to his entire catalogue before you go off spewing some underground rap fan bull sh*t.

to quote jay-z, "do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"


Jayz top 3 rappers of all time i hope u were just playing right.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:42 PM   #37
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,095
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
that's how you know you don't have an objective opinion.

jay-z is an inarguable top three rapper of all time.
That is a serious oxymoron. You say that he isn't objective and then you make a completely arguable statement and call it 'inarguable.'

Personally, I think Jay-Z is relatively garbage... definitely nothing close to the hype that he gets. Give me GZA or any member of Wu, for that matter, over Jay-Z.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #38
hito da god
look that way >>>>
 
hito da god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,034
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarnyc
you really think jay is top 3 all-time?
it's seriously inarguable. he's just put out too much at such a high level. only backpacking haters or people who haven't given his catalogue an objective listen think he isn't top 3 of all time. i think he's GOAT.

Quote:
Jayz top 3 rappers of all time i hope u were just playing right.

see above
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #39
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 28,095
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
it's seriously inarguable. he's just put out too much at such a high level. only backpacking haters or people who haven't given his catalogue an objective listen think he isn't top 3 of all time. i think he's GOAT.
Any OPINION about music is arguable. Personally, I don't care to listen to a guy brag about how much money he has, which is really all Jay has ever done. I like artists that actually have some substance, a commentary on current events, etc.

Rakim, KRS-One, Nas, pick your member of Wu...

Jay-Z would not be in my top 10.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #40
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 17,725
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Naw Jay Z is overrated. He is a good rapper, certainly a top 10 lyricist of all time but you can easily dispute his position in the greatest rappers of all time list. Now someone like Tupac is number 1, the Michael Jordan of rap music.

Your putting Jay Z ahead of rappers like Biggie, Nas, Eminem, 50 cent, Snoop, Eazy E, Kanye West, Ludacris, and many more.

Jay Z is all image. So kids can go around and wear their baggy Roca Wear shirts and yell out "Hooove" like they are all down with the scene, he is a smart business man, I'll give him that.

Jay Z is all hype.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:50 PM   #41
hito da god
look that way >>>>
 
hito da god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,034
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Any OPINION about music is arguable. Personally, I don't care to listen to a guy brag about how much money he has, which is really all Jay has ever done. I like artists that actually have some substance, a commentary on current events, etc.

Rakim, KRS-One, Nas, pick your member of Wu...

Jay-Z would not be in my top 10.
that's just where we differ. style/skills > substance for me. it's why i hate guys like immortal technique. he's just boring to listen to and doesn't have enough of a grasp of the english language to play with words like jay-z does so effortlessly.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #42
hito da god
look that way >>>>
 
hito da god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,034
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Naw Jay Z is overrated. He is a good rapper, certainly a top 10 lyricist of all time but you can easily dispute his position in the greatest rappers of all time list. Now someone like Tupac is number 1, the Michael Jordan of rap music.

Your putting Jay Z ahead of rappers like Biggie, Nas, Eminem, 50 cent, Snoop, Eazy E, Kanye West, Ludacris, and many more.

Jay Z is all image. So kids can go around and wear their baggy Roca Wear shirts and yell out "Hooove" like they are all down with the scene, he is a smart business man, I'll give him that.

Jay Z is all hype.
if you can say 50 cent, snoop, eazy e, kanye, and ludacris are better rappers than jay-z with a straight face then this discussion is over
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:54 PM   #43
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: goodbyecruelworld
Posts: 16,895
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Quote:
Your putting Jay Z ahead of rappers like Biggie, Nas, Eminem, 50 cent, Snoop, Eazy E, Kanye West, Ludacris, and many more.
Ugh. UGH! I officially regret giving Jay-Z the lable of "overrated" to any degree, if this is what some people actually think.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #44
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: goodbyecruelworld
Posts: 16,895
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

Quote:
it's why i hate guys like immortal technique.
That's because IT is all substance and NO skill. He just isn't very good.

Substance is still an important attribute though.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:59 PM   #45
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 17,725
Default Re: Jay-z diss track (link inside)

I'm throwing out some big names here, 50 Cent success wise is a lot like Jay Z in that he has made a lot of money off image. Now Kanye West and Ludacris are undoubtedly gifted rappers. I mean their creativity trumps Jay Z's in their music. Like I said and seems to also be noticed by other posters, Jay Z raps about how much money he has and the car he goes around in. Now Eazy was a real gangster rapper so I'm not going to defend him to such a sucker like Jay Z, and success wise Jay Z will always be rated higher of his success money wise.


Now by the way you going on about Jay Z your saying he is the GOAT. I think I'm done talking here. Tupac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jayz
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy