Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Default Trade Carmelo?

I see there is an Iverson trade thread, but for as much as I hate the guy, he works his ass off o nthe court, and isn't totally detrimental to the functionality of a team.

Carmelo on the other hand is a black hole on offense obsessed with isolations.

I'd love to see the Nuggets show some balls and trade him to the Knicks for their draft pick and some role players that play a little D.

Lee, 08 Pick, Balkman, Chandler and Collins + Rose's expiere sound fair.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Default Re: Trade Carmelo?

Carmelo is far better player than AI IMO and has way more value. He can rebound and even defend a little bit when he wants. Iverson is limited so much by his size all he can do is score. He has zero upside as well while Melo is just entering his prime.

Iverson needs the rock in order to be effective otherwise he can't impact the game in any other area.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #3
Zak

If one of the two has to go it should be Iverson, you shouldn't trade a player as young as carmelo, who is still good.

They just need a better coach, who can try and get carmelo to stop taking midrange jumpers and take it to the hole. If the nuggets can get jeff van gundy next year, we can see if their defence is capable or not.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Why would they trade their star player for a bunch of role players? If anything, they should move AI bc he is older. Melo is a strong big guy and is quick for his size. He gets too much leway from karl, he needs a no-nonsense coach to mold him. He needs to be pushed to assert himself defensively.

If you are going to trade Melo, you gotta get a legit star in return. But trading him is not the answer. You will never get equal value for a guy like him. He is just not there mentally all the time. Not his off the court stuff, but on the court. It looks like he needs to put forth more effort. And I think AI controlling the ball so much is a detriment to Melo
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

If you watch the FIBA team play, Carmelo doesn't play any D there either......remember he went to the Cuse where he wasn't asked to guard man to man. i'd trade him to Philly for Iguodala (works for both squads), then start Iverson at point, Iggy at 2 Kleiza at 3, Martin, Camby
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #6
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
If you watch the FIBA team play, Carmelo doesn't play any D there either......remember he went to the Cuse where he wasn't asked to guard man to man. i'd trade him to Philly for Iguodala (works for both squads), then start Iverson at point, Iggy at 2 Kleiza at 3, Martin, Camby
LOL Just about any Sixer fan on the planet would do that trade and I'd personally pay for Melo's plain ticket.

Have you watched Igoudala during the playoffs at all?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
CaptainOwlClub
I rule the local playground

trading carmelo is not a logical option, and the trade you came up with is horrid

maybe if it was the #1 pick and lee- the rest of the players you mentioned are the type of throw ins that every team has

the reason there is so much trade ai talk is because it would be the right thing to do

i still dont think i would consider d rose and d lee for melo

the nuggets have never built around melo- which is what needs to be done for the franchise to move foreward- nugs need a point gaurd to complement melo, not to keep adding players despite of melo-

those thinking melo should be traded either dont understand basketball or at the very least they do not understand the history of the nuggets- carmelo is the best player we have had in 20some years- by along ways-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
kidachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Carmelo is far better player than AI IMO and has way more value. He can rebound and even defend a little bit when he wants. Iverson is limited so much by his size all he can do is score. He has zero upside as well while Melo is just entering his prime.

lol Melo doesn't play D.

Quote:
Iverson needs the rock in order to be effective otherwise he can't impact the game in any other area.

and melo can?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #9
iamgine

Hmm, it really depends on which pick the knicks get. If it's 1st pick then I'd have no problem doing this trade at all. Obviously NYK is not going to take Iverson seeing how their management have change for the better.

I can see Denver thriving with this lineup:

PG - Derrick Rose
SG - JR Smith/Iverson
SF - Linus Kleiza
PF - David Lee
C - Marcus Camby
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
lol Melo doesn't play D.

and melo can?
Yeah Melo rebounds and "can" play defense. Even if Iverson gave maximum effort (which he doesn't) can't play defense due to physical limitations.

He also shoots a much higher FG% and doesn't need the ball as much or hold the ball for something like 10-12 seconds per possession. He is far more efficient.

Not to mention he still has upside while Iverson's play is beginning to decline.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #11
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
LOL Just about any Sixer fan on the planet would do that trade and I'd personally pay for Melo's plain ticket.

Have you watched Igoudala during the playoffs at all?

Yes I have and it hasn't been pretty. But in Denver he could be a 3rd option, and play good D.
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #12
kidachi

Quote:
Yeah Melo rebounds and "can" play defense. Even if Iverson gave maximum effort (which he doesn't) can't play defense due to physical limitations.

He also shoots a much higher FG% and doesn't need the ball as much or hold the ball for something like 10-12 seconds per possession. He is far more efficient.

Not to mention he still has upside while Iverson's play is beginning to decline.

you think Melo can play D and Iverson can't? c'mon now. and at least Iverson knows how to distribute the ball..
Old 04-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #13
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidachi
you think Melo can play D and Iverson can't? c'mon now. and at least Iverson knows how to distribute the ball..
Maybe if you took the time to read my post you'd have a clearer understanding of the point I was making.

Carmelo has the physical ability to play defense if he gave effort where Iverson can't play defense due to be undersized.

Iverson dominates the ball as much as any player in the league. Any player that has the ball in their hands so much is going to have a high assist total.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #14
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

You trade the fat thug for players with heart.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #15
kidachi

Quote:
Iverson dominates the ball as much as any player in the league. Any player that has the ball in their hands so much is going to have a high assist total.

Ironic. see Melo.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: