Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #16
hito da god
look that way >>>>

Default Re: Trade Carmelo?

george karl and AI need to go, not carmelo

they need a coach who will utilize melo's ability in the post and will actually get that team caring about defense. they don't really seem to have an identity, it's just "score a whole bunch of points".
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #17
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
Maybe if you took the time to read my post you'd have a clearer understanding of the point I was making.

Carmelo has the physical ability to play defense if he gave effort where Iverson can't play defense due to be undersized.

Iverson dominates the ball as much as any player in the league. Any player that has the ball in their hands so much is going to have a high assist total.

We have a winner. He can't play D because he's lazy and that's all there is to it. If Larry Brown couldn't get him to play D what makes you think another coach could?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #18
kps
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I would never call him lazy wtf the guy plays with more heart than most players
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #19
craiye
Local High School Star

Well, I guess the question here becomes what the Nuggets are in it for. If they're in this to win a championship then yes, they should try to trade Melo to one of the teams who ends up with a high draft pick.

Melo's not a leader and he's never going to play defense. I love all these comments I see in here about how Melo needs to get his game "back under the basket". That's total crap, Melo may have size but he's never going to use it. He's Glen Robinson 2.0 - a good player who likes floating around the perimeter more than using his size down low.

The point? No team is going to win a championship with Melo as a #1 option. It won't happen - ever.

Now, if Denver is just trying to sell some jerseys and make some money then they should keep things as they are. They have great attendance in the arena, fans like to see Denver when they are on the road playing against their home team, they have 2 popular players in AI and Melo - if they can shave off some of their bigger contracts then I'm sure they can keep the $$ rollin' in.

If they did trade Melo, what should they trade him for? That's the real question. He has the highest trade value of anyone on the team so they could conceivably get a package like Rudy Gay + Memphis's pick. Is that over-valuing Melo? It might be, but if that trade came to the Nuggets I think they'd be crazy to pass it up.
craiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #20
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

The Knicks needs good character guys, and guys that play defense. We lose all that we have in one deal. No thanks.

I would go as far as:

Marbury (massive expirer)
Balkman or Chandler (rookie contract)
Collins or Robinson (rookie contract)
#1 pick

for

Anthony & Nene (both 4 years cap-killings contracts)
Atkins (2 more years)

Marbury & AI as a backcourt....

DENVER
Marbury / NY #1
AI / Collins or Robinson
Klieza / Balkman or Chandler
Martin / Denver #1
Camby / Hunter

NEW YORK
Atkins / Collins or Robinson
Crawford / Q.Richardson
Anthony / Jeffries / Chandler or Balkman
Randpolph / Lee / M.Rose
Nene / Curry / James

Next move would be to trade one or both of Randolph and Curry for PG help..
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #21
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
The Knicks needs good character guys, and guys that play defense. We lose all that we have in one deal. No thanks.

I would go as far as:

Marbury (massive expirer)
Balkman or Chandler (rookie contract)
Collins or Robinson (rookie contract)
#1 pick

for

Anthony & Nene (both 4 years cap-killings contracts)
Atkins (2 more years)

Marbury & AI as a backcourt....

DENVER
Marbury / NY #1
AI / Collins or Robinson
Klieza / Balkman or Chandler
Martin / Denver #1
Camby / Hunter

NEW YORK
Atkins / Collins or Robinson
Crawford / Q.Richardson
Anthony / Jeffries / Chandler or Balkman
Randpolph / Lee / M.Rose
Nene / Curry / James

Next move would be to trade one or both of Randolph and Curry for PG help..
Uhh.....didn't Melo snuff one of the Knicks last year?? I'm sure Collins and Robinson would be REAL kosher with a Melo trade
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:05 PM   #22
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
Uhh.....didn't Melo snuff one of the Knicks last year?? I'm sure Collins and Robinson would be REAL kosher with a Melo trade

Yea bc their opinions really matter to New York management
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:05 PM   #23
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhoopfan

Sure did... Collins, Robinson and Jeffries all suspended from what I remember.
Just ship all their asses to Denver... they're all scrubs anyway.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #24
craiye
Local High School Star

If Denver really wanted to win a Championship they should try to trade Melo for Roy. Of course, more pieces would need to be involved since Roy is still on his rookie contract, but it would be a start:

PG: Roy
SG: Iverson
SF: Klieza
PF: Nene
C: Camby

After that, try to trade Martin for anything that expires sooner and tack on Smith to make the other team bite. Keep a hold of Najera for sure.

Of course, that won't happen because Portland isn't stupid but it would be great for the Nuggets. They could probably swing a deal to get Baron Davis in Denver with Melo - he might work well with Iverson. Probably not idea loffesnively, but he could guard 2s and Iverson could guard 1s.

Really, Denver just needs to get rid of Smith (since he has value) and Martin (since his contract sucks) for sure, keep Klieza and open up to talks about AI and Melo. They'll get short changed in an AI trade so it makes sense to keep him, dish Melo if you get a reasonable offer that helps the team.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #25
ruslan
National High School Star

id trade marbury for anthoney along with other scrubs...starbury and answer in back court? deadly combination
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #26
craiye
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan
id trade marbury for anthoney along with other scrubs...starbury and answer in back court? deadly combination

You're joking, right? The last thing the Nuggets need in their locker room is Starbury. If they traded with the Knicks he'd probably be involved, but it would make the most sense to just cut him or buy him out rather than let him step foot on the court with the rest of the team.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #27
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
We have a winner. He can't play D because he's lazy and that's all there is to it. If Larry Brown couldn't get him to play D what makes you think another coach could?

Um NOOOOO!

DO WATCH DENVER

FIRST NO ONE EXCEPT CAMBY PLAYS DEFENSE
and all Kenyon can do is block shots

Iverson can play d but when you start Anthony Carter and JR Smith next to him. You have A an undersized back court and B both those 2 absolutely sck on defense.

I don't give a crap about Melo supposed size.
I ACTUALLY WATCH MELO ON DEFENSE AND HE'S THE WORST
Sayin AI can't or doesn't is a lie because the sixers got to finals of defense and AI stays one of the league leaders in steals. AI is a million times more capable on Defense than Melo.

First Melo does not squat down an get into a defensive position at all
Melo leans over so you can easily blow right by him everytime down the floor thats why he's not guarding Kobe. He never contest shots at all. And he's as lazy as is gets when getting back on defense.
His stance is garbage is foot positioning is terrible. The fact someone mentioned he can play defense is rediculous. The whole reason he wants Artest is so he doesn't have to D up. He's easily one of the leagues worst defenders. Its why Camby has to block so many shots cuz between him Carter and Jr Smith. Anyone can get in the paint when ever the want and they let em cuz they know camby is back their to clean it up.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #28
dbugz
NBA lottery pick

Denver needs to fire Karl!

Denver with 50 wins in the regular season is not as bad as what other think. They have a shot advancing on to the second round if they only play a f*cking defense! They need someone who will motivate them to play good solid defense and be able to teach them how to move the ball efficiently (Denver's ball movement is horrible!). A coach with Jerry Sloan's philosophy is a very good fit for them. Someone who's not afraid to shout on his players. They should also try to get a role player with a very good solid defense like battier and kirilenko. I also want them to trade J.R. Smith dude are getting so much hype because of his explosive dunks he's the stupidest player in Denver right now with an awful defense. IMO AI as a point guard will not work, he's more of a scorer than a passer, this will only cause them to have a bad ball movement (ex. Game 2). Trade Anthony Carter(Dude has a very low basketball IQ) for some decent Point Guard who is very good in setting up his teammates and very good in controlling the tempo of the game.

Last edited by dbugz : 04-28-2008 at 05:25 PM.
dbugz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #29
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang

Trade Carmelo? Lol the Nuggets would be in it for the short run then.
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #30
shaoyut
Local High School Star

tehy wont want to trade carmelo cause hes young
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: