Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Phil will Re-Sign JR and Bargnani this offseason

How many guys on the current roster do you see on the team a year from now?

JR and bargnani will be two of them.

Carmelo, jr, bargnani, Jason smith, Calderon, wear, cleanthony, prob acy and Aldrich on vet min deals. I'm crazy to think they may have 8 or 9 of the same guys right? Isn't it supposed to be completely new roster?

Shumpert/calderon/knight/shved
    Smith/Stephenson/cleanthony
    Carmelo/wear
    Bargnani/Sabonis/LarryNanceJR
    Gasol/gasol/smith

Default Re: Phil will Re-Sign JR and Bargnani this offseason

...and now for some light refreshment!

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    ...and now for some light refreshment!
    I might have to find out if this guy is a troll account or if he really is legit...

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I might have to find out if this guy is a troll account or if he really is legit...
    Does it matter? We have him and the Westchester Knicks!

i dont think he realizes that we are the worst team in the league and yet he wanted to make a thread on how we try to keep all of them and magically improve

Not the worst team in the nba. Most underachieving- yes

Difference between me and most of you flip flippers is that I can stand by what I've said the whole time. And I'm still right.

Half of the rotation or more either doesn't fit at all or has no business being rotation players. I've never said anything would magically get better. That your stories. I've said you have half a team that fits the triangle and you have to trade for another half the rotation. Magic is the dumbass idea that you'll be able to handpick 2 or 3 stars and get them to come over (prob for under market value) with just capspace. Magic is believing that a 6-9 center from duke is a franchise changer. Magic is believing you get to the top of a ladder without climbing the steps. You go from terrible to great all at once.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Not the worst team in the nba. Most underachieving- yes

Difference between me and most of you flip flippers is that I can stand by what I've said the whole time. And I'm still right.

Half of the rotation or more either doesn't fit at all or has no business being rotation players. I've never said anything would magically get better. That your stories. I've said you have half a team that fits the triangle and you have to trade for another half the rotation. Magic is the dumbass idea that you'll be able to handpick 2 or 3 stars and get them to come over (prob for under market value) with just capspace. Magic is believing that a 6-9 center from duke is a franchise changer. Magic is believing you get to the top of a ladder without climbing the steps. You go from terrible to great all at once.
    we have the most losses, and only 1 more win than the team that isnt trying to win games at all. And we have a star player who plays...yeah we are the worst.

Well the 08 celtics performed MAGIC, So did the Lakers who was their opponent twice....The Spurs have found away to get the old crew ANOTHER title.

This team is terrible in every facet including old man Phil and Fisher. It's rare when I endorse Dolan to get involved, but he needs to cut this charade.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    we have the most losses, and only 1 more win than the team that isnt trying to win games at all. And we have a star player who plays...yeah we are the worst.

Well the 08 celtics performed MAGIC, So did the Lakers who was their opponent twice....The Spurs have found away to get the old crew ANOTHER title.

This team is terrible in every facet including old man Phil and Fisher. It's rare when I endorse Dolan to get involved, but he needs to cut this charade.
    No. The celtics traded for their team and became instantly good. Trading for players is what I'm advocating for. Magic that I tried explaining there is thinking you could just straight sign with capspace 2-3 guys and get guys that everybody wants on a realistic deal.

Ok so shaq went to LA as a free agent. You aren't really comparing shaq and his all around career path to guys like gasol, Dragic, or millsap are you? Or comparing ny to LA as a city guys would want to live in?

Worst record is different than worst team. Carmelo has been hurt and missing games, players 2-5 have missed much, most, or all of the season. The top 5 being injured, and having used prigioni, Larkin, acy, amare, and dalembert as starters/key rotation players is why the record is what it is. But replacing that group with guys that could play is a bad idea?

All that "capspace" can do for this Knicks team this offseason is get a chance to sign the next amare (a max contract that no other team including his own team would give) ex: sure the Knicks will prob be able to sign Greg Monroe at max. Maybe mill sap at max. Something like that. Gasol or Dragic will be offered longer better deals by their own teams and similar deals that ny can offer by at least a few other teams. Why do they pick a bad team not trying to get better?

I'm not saying you guys idea of a top 3 pick and then add 2 superstars is a bad idea. I'm just saying it's not realistic.

I'm conviced Phil has some type of plan but just knows how easy of a fanbase he has to deal w. He let's you believe this year doesn't matter because gasol will come next year. And he knows once that doesn't happen you'll be fine when he tells you to just wait one more year for Durant. And then he can buy another year telling you to wait for Westbrook, and on and on and on. But I don't think he actually has that same loser mentality of the fans, we will see

No. The celtics traded for their team and became instantly good. Trading for players is what I'm advocating for. Magic that I tried explaining there is thinking you could just straight sign with capspace 2-3 guys and get guys that everybody wants on a realistic deal.
    No they didnt, they traded for two starters one of which waived his no trade clause to join. Perkins, Pierce and Rondo were already on the tea,

Ok so shaq went to LA as a free agent. You aren't really comparing shaq and his all around career path to guys like gasol, Dragic, or millsap are you? Or comparing ny to LA as a city guys would want to live in?
    Read my post again...i clearly stated the Lakers played Boston twice, obviously I'm NOT talking about Shaq's tenure. And no, players arent flocking to LA anymore...other than Shaq who was doing Hollywood movies...who actually has?

Worst record is different than worst team. Carmelo has been hurt and missing games, players 2-5 have missed much, most, or all of the season. The top 5 being injured, and having used prigioni, Larkin, acy, amare, and dalembert as starters/key rotation players is why the record is what it is. But replacing that group with guys that could play is a bad idea?
    Only one team has less wins, while we have the most losses. Who cares if Carmelo has been, dude has been playing, and team still is losing.

Let me tell you who has been hurt...ask the Pacers about Paul George. Ask the Lakers about Nash. two team who both have more wins than our team who has a star that plays.

All that "capspace" can do for this Knicks team this offseason is get a chance to sign the next amare (a max contract that no other team including his own team would give) ex: sure the Knicks will prob be able to sign Greg Monroe at max. Maybe mill sap at max. Something like that. Gasol or Dragic will be offered longer better deals by their own teams and similar deals that ny can offer by at least a few other teams. Why do they pick a bad team not trying to get better?
    So you'd rather trade for them so they could walk for free? And thats assuming a team will take our junk for their prize player. Get real.

I'm not saying you guys idea of a top 3 pick and then add 2 superstars is a bad idea. I'm just saying it's not realistic.
    I havent endorsed this at all. I want a top pick that can develop into a star of his own, and sign some good players that can be developed.

I dont want any more "Carmelo's". I dont even want the carmelo we have.

I'm conviced Phil has some type of plan but just knows how easy of a fanbase he has to deal w. He let's you believe this year doesn't matter because gasol will come next year. And he knows once that doesn't happen you'll be fine when he tells you to just wait one more year for Durant. And then he can buy another year telling you to wait for Westbrook, and on and on and on. But I don't think he actually has that same loser mentality of the fans, we will see
    Phil built a tank team. Whether he planned it or not is irrelevant because thats what it is. When you revamped over half a roster, and max out the star...this is the team he built.

Phil sent JR to the cavs to get him championship experiance and come back.

Remember, he wasn't traded. It was a salary dump and the Knicks dumped thee only 2 guys people would take without the Knicks paying for it to happen.

D'angelo Russell/tony wroten/Calderon
    Jr/shumpert/cleanthony
    Carmelo/wear/Elias Harris
    Bargnani/Austin Daye/nance jr
    Gasol/smith/Aldrich

With Lebrun and KLove fighting over coming to ny the next year because all the fun left w JR. But Knicks might take Durant instead. One of those 3 in 2016

Krust Kingz

Get a clue no one JR so they threw in Shump and we got back a 2019 2nd round pick. You dont think the Knicks paid for that to happen?

Remember, he wasn't traded. It was a salary dump and the Knicks dumped thee only 2 guys people would take without the Knicks paying for it to happen.

Jr/shumpert/cleanthony
    Gasol/smith/Aldrich

With Lebrun and KLove fighting over coming to ny the next year because all the fun left w JR. But Knicks might take Durant instead. One of those 3 in 2016

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

el gringos. The biggest troll on ISH.

Maybe not a troll... but definitely delusional

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

el gringos = Bargnani's little brother

He's actually making more sense in the other thread he started.

Jr/shumpert/cleanthony
    Gasol/smith/Aldrich

Learn the rules. this isnt even semantics, just facts.....

JR was traded, so was Shumpert. They cant come back this offseason...gotta wait a full calendar year.

Neither are coming back.