Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #31
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Report: Boldin wants out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The big concern I have.

He was a non factor vs the Eagles. Much like our other offensive stud "when healthy" that we broke bread for Brian Westbrook.

True.

Wonder what Cards want. First round pick? Cant see them demanding more.

*gets popcorn*

here we go!

(gobb doesnt even speak in full sentences when he talks about football or hip hop or anything interesting, because he knows he's bound to say something stupid so he tries to tread lightly and be as noncommital as possible.)
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #32
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
whatz wrong with leftwich
The Bears do not have the line to protect him. They also do not have the playmakers on the outside to make him truly effective. As much as I love Byron's toughness, his tendency to hold on the ball is his Achilles heel. Byron may have too much patience, and when you couple that with his lack of athleticism and his slow release, it makes him a bad fit for most teams.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
whatz wrong with leftwich

What has he done in the last 4 seasons? Guy has been a joke so far in his career. Major disappointment.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #34
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
The Bears do not have the line to protect him. They also do not have the playmakers on the outside to make him truly effective. As much as I love Byron's toughness, his tendency to hold on the ball is his Achilles heel. Byron may have too much patience, and when you couple that with his lack of athleticism and his slow release, it makes him a bad fit for most teams.

I dont know a ton about the Bears and in particular their offensive line, but I do know Olin Kreutz is a probowler. I know Matt Forte had a pretty good year running behind their offensive line.

I'll concede that their team looks a lot right now like Jacksonville did when Leftwich was there, but the difference would be Boldin. He never had a player like that in Jacksonville, and he still had a winning record and a low turnover ratio.

Leftwich is a leader who could instill confidence in the Bears offensive squad. With their defense and a bunk division, they could definitely make some noise. Again, this presumption being dependent on getting a guy like Boldin.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #35
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The big concern I have.

He was a non factor vs the Eagles. Much like our other offensive stud "when healthy" that we broke bread for Brian Westbrook.

True.

Wonder what Cards want. First round pick? Cant see them demanding more.
It's a concern but it's a risk worth taking. It's always going to be somewhat risky to sign or acquire a big time player. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't but it's still the right move. Just like it was the right move to acquire Elton Brand and just like it was the right move to give Kearse a fat contract (even though we know how that worked out). It's a gamble they need to make IMO. Would I like a younger healthier WR like Calvin Johnon, or Greg Jennings, or Brandon Marhsall of course but obviously he is the best available option.

He played ok versus us. Regardless, his presence on the field would make a huge difference and make things easier for everyone. He also is very good run blocker. He'd instantly be our best WR and you and I know that Curtis would thrive in the slot Wes Welker style and Peanut is a very good #2. We'd have a dynamic offense especially if draft a RB early (which I anticipate us doing).

I'd give up our 1st for him but I don't think we or the Cardinals are expecting that. More realistically I think a 2nd and a 4th would get the job done. Or Lito, a 2nd, and a 6th.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by starface
*gets popcorn*

here we go!

(gobb doesnt even speak in full sentences when he talks about football or hip hop or anything interesting, because he knows he's bound to say something stupid so he tries to tread lightly and be as noncommital as possible.)

I was pretty much clear with my thoughts on adding Boldin. Not sure what you want me to type. A bunch of nonsense? I'm sorry I havent mastered your craft lil buddy.

Boldin durabilty concerns me the way Westbrooks does. Both when healthy can produce. But as their career go on they tend to get dinged up more than my liking. I never denied adding Boldin, its more Buyer Beware for me. Already said his game with Desean Action Jacksons would compliment each other bigtime. And Marlo brought up a good point that when you look at the team the key guys arent here for the longhaul so you might have to risk adding Boldin and seeing where it goes.

So what exactly were you lookin for? Me insulting Marlo and saying he is apart of the sheep fans who play fantasy football thinking adding a stud = championship, lock it up. Apart of the crowd who are avid Starbucks coffee drinkers who think Juno was gold. Let me stop because I dont wanna sound like you too much. Afraid I'd get a migraine and my nose starts bleeding messing up my fresh Polo. Oh look starface will speak on me wearing a Polo and how I have no sense of fashion. Yes I can see the future or maybe just can predict your typical replies.

What are you left to post now?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #37
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Leftwich would instantly be an upgrade over Orton and Grossman even with their current O-line and WRs. The Bears have a very very good young RB along with a decent run blocking line and good TE's. The offensive played pretty well but the defense was very disappointing and their secondary got torched all year.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
More realistically I think a 2nd and a 4th would get the job done. Or Lito, a 2nd, and a 6th.

I'd like that to go down.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #39
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
we tried that last year.... We would prolly need to come off a good pick and more...

Boldin will prolly stay if Warner comes back..

But Im I hope the Eagles can land him or Tj from the Bengals (or both )

more like warner said his chances of coming back depend on if boldin returns.
NoGunzJustSkillz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #40
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Juno was gold.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #41
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

BUMP

Drew Rosenhaus on Sportscenter says that if he had to give his opinion, Anquan Boldin will be on a new team by the end of the first round today.

Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: