Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Creationism vs Evolution debate

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    As if you would take the time to sincerely consider the evidence if it was presented to you. No one here is gonna write out the Origin of Species for you...scientific articles are out there by the thousands just a click away. Some things you should look into...besides, OP did ask for opinions by believers of Creationism, from the looks of it he has a pretty good grasp of evolution.

- Homologous/vestigial structures
    - Analogous structures and convergent evolution
    - Fossil records
    - Biogeography
    - Studies on drug-resistance bacteria
    - Countless studies on heritable traits, genetic variation, favorable characteristics, etc (Soapberry bugs, finches, so on)
    He believes in a literal Adam and Eve

NBA lottery pick

i bet all these posters put up their christmas lights this year

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Woah woah woah... what a second here.

Why isn't the burden of evidence on the people claiming a magic man from the sky created a human who spoke to a snake, created a woman from his rib, which led to a point where eventually, a man had to create an ark and rescue two of each animal and escape a flood... somehow the animals repopulated and got to areas with no land link.. I'm sorry, but the burden of proof is far more on the creationists than the evolutionists.

I didn't create the thread. An Evolutionist did.

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923

They do. But these are atheist trolls that get a rise out of denouncing religion, primarily Christianity, but stay mum on Islam.

And show me a Christian or any religious person that disputes the evolution of animals, insects, bacteria.

Where the disagreements stem from is when we talk about human evolution. They love to say they were once great apes.

As did the Christians, who stole most of it from Pagans

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    They do. But these are atheist trolls that get a rise out of denouncing religion, primarily Christianity, but stay mum on Islam.

And show me a Christian or any religious person that disputes the evolution of animals, insects, bacteria.

Where the disagreements stem from is when we talk about human evolution. They love to say they were once great apes.
    Do you believe the Earth is a few thousand years old? If not, how else did we come about? God magically imposes us on the planet billions of years after creating it?

Also, Islam is worse than Christianity today. Both are still evil, remember when Christianity endorsed fascism and preached antisemitism as dogma?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    lol you dont believe in God, but you annually celebrate Jesus Birthday?

Do you believe the Earth is a few thousand years old? If not, how else did we come about? God magically imposes us on the planet billions of years after creating it?

Also, Islam is worse than Christianity today. Both are still evil, remember when Christianity endorsed fascism and preached antisemitism as dogma?

But who brought up Christianity in this debate? The people that hate it. All this thread is, is another attack on Christians and their beliefs. Who cares what Christians believe in? It's a faith. Belief in God or a "Creator" does not only come from within a particular faith.

And the concept of time is merely a theory. I can't believe people are getting hung up on whether the Earth is billions of years old or just a few thousand. Do you remember how the Earth was before you were born? No. Can we communicate with someone from the Biblical time period? No.

There will never be enough evidence to sway people to believe one thing or the other. This thread is not meant to provide any evidence because for Evolutionists, there is nothing that can be brought up by the other side to change their mind and vice versa. This thread is just merely an attack on people who believe in a God and believe that humans were a divine creation.

But who brought up Christianity in this debate? The people that hate it. All this thread is, is another attack on Christians and their beliefs. Who cares what Christians believe in? It's a faith. Belief in God or a "Creator" does not only come from within a particular faith.

And the concept of time is merely a theory. I can't believe people are getting hung up on whether the Earth is billions of years old or just a few thousand. Do you remember how the Earth was before you were born? No. Can we communicate with someone from the Biblical time period? No.

There will never be enough evidence to sway people to believe one thing or the other. This thread is not meant to provide any evidence because for Evolutionists, there is nothing that can be brought up by the other side to change their mind and vice versa. This thread is just merely an attack on people who believe in a God and believe that humans were a divine creation.

Celebrating/having faith is cool. Everyone has the right to believe what they want.

Prepared to be critisised if you associate with a particular religion. Like the above poster said, the institution of Christianity is pure evil.

NBA lottery pick

Basically.

They believe the world was made out of thin air

We believe in a higher power.

Nothing to argue about, nobody has the answers.

Good college starter

There may be a creator, but none of the religions our here today or in the past are legit. They have all be proven wrong countless times.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    As if you would take the time to sincerely consider the evidence if it was presented to you. No one here is gonna write out the Origin of Species for you...scientific articles are out there by the thousands just a click away. Some things you should look into...besides, OP did ask for opinions by believers of Creationism, from the looks of it he has a pretty good grasp of evolution.

- Homologous/vestigial structures
    - Analogous structures and convergent evolution
    - Fossil records
    - Biogeography
    - Studies on drug-resistance bacteria
    - Countless studies on heritable traits, genetic variation, favorable characteristics, etc (Soapberry bugs, finches, so on)
    Yep. There's no debate. I'm catholic BTW. Evolution is a scientific fact. There are no peer reviewed papers defending creationism. It is not a serious alternative for evolution. And most people don't know that creationism is actually a modern thing, it gain strengh in the late 19th century among protestant to "fight" the modern scientific theories. Creationists use literal intepretation of the genesis that is rejected by the Church since with the teachings of St. Augustine (more than 1600 years ago) - who said we should not use Scripture to theach "science":

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine of Hippo
    It not infrequently happens that something about the earth, about the sky, about other elements of this world, about the motion and rotation or even the magnitude and distances of the stars, about definite eclipses of the sun and moon, about the passage of years and seasons, about the nature of animals, of fruits, of stones, and of other such things, may be known with the greatest certainty by reasoning or by experience, even by one who is not a Christian. It is too disgraceful and ruinous, though, and greatly to be avoided, that he [the non-Christian] should hear a Christian speaking so idiotically on these matters, and as if in accord with Christian writings, that he might say that he could scarcely keep from laughing when he saw how totally in error they are. In view of this and in keeping it in mind constantly while dealing with the book of Genesis, I have, insofar as I was able, explained in detail and set forth for consideration the meanings of obscure passages, taking care not to affirm rashly some one meaning to the prejudice of another and perhaps better explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustine of Hippo
    With the scriptures it is a matter of treating about the faith. For that reason, as I have noted repeatedly, if anyone, not understanding the mode of divine eloquence, should find something about these matters [about the physical universe] in our books, or hear of the same from those books, of such a kind that it seems to be at variance with the perceptions of his own rational faculties, let him believe that these other things are in no way necessary to the admonitions or accounts or predictions of the scriptures. In short, it must be said that our authors knew the truth about the nature of the skies, but it was not the intention of the Spirit of God, who spoke through them, to teach men anything that would not be of use to them for their salvation.
    No, they did not. Some small things like holiday dates and son on? Yes. But not even close to most of it. Zeitgeist and Religulous bogus claims (like Jesus has a lot of thins in common with Horus, Mithra and so on) are universally rejected by scholars. Funny that people who mock creatinonists have views that are viewed as ridiculous by the experts of the field. Like those atheists who claim Jesus did not exist when every single Professor of every universlty in the areas related to the subject* in the entire world claim the he did exist. All of those scholars who claim those type of things are either not scholars on the field at all (like Acharya and Joseph Atwill) or militant atheists who don't teach anywhere (like Richard Carrier).

And. No. I don't want to discuss Jesus existence, the same way I have no patience to discuss about evolution. Althoug science and historic evidence are different, we see similar behaviour between creationists and who claim Jesus did not exist. They all think the every single professor in the world is involved in a big conspiracy (atheist for evolution and christian for Jesus existence) when the Academy has it all, christians, muslims, atheists, jews, agnostics and they all agree on both facts...

*Ancient History, Classics, or New Testament

You are an ape. Why can't you just accept that?

lol you dont believe in God, but you annually celebrate Jesus Birthday?
    Jesus wasn't born on the 25th nor is Christmas anything but a holiday for bringing people closer together and shopping. There is no religious aspect of it all to most people.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    You are an ape. Why can't you just accept that?

Jesus wasn't born on the 25th nor is Christmas anything but a holiday for bringing people closer together and shopping. There is no religious aspect of it all to most people.

You need to get a life dude. Maybe a job. You seem to follow me around posting the same exact quote about Adam and Eve.

May God Bless you.

God created Evolution...