Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
Most indefensible rankings from that list

1. '10 Magic over '01 Lakers
2. '71 Bucks outside the top 25
3. '09 Cavs top 15
4. '09 Lakers top 5 all time
5. '03 Spurs top 25 all time
This is just a great example of how RIDICULOUS that list is.

I personally rank the '71 Bucks at #4 all-time. And here is why...

1. They went 66-16 in the regular season, which is impressive enough, but they were 65-12 before coasting home.

2. They had a regular season ppg differential of +12.2 ppg, which ranks third all-time, and just behind the '72 Lakers and '96 Bulls, who both had a +12.3. BUT, again, when they were 65-12, their ppg differential was a staggering +13.6 ppg, which, of course, would have shattered the all-time mark.

3. They had the largest regular season FG% spread in NBA history, outshooting their opposition by an unfathomable .509 to .424 mark... or +.085.

4. They were #1 in ppg.

5. They were #1 in offensive FG%.

6. They were #3 in ppg allowed.

7. They were #1 in FG% allowed.

8. They went 12-2 in the post-season.

9. They were # 1 in ppg in the post-season.

10. They were miles better than everyone else in ppg allowed in the post-season.

11. They were light years better than everyone else in FG% in the post-season.

12. They were by far, the best team in the post-season in FG% allowed.

13. They had the largest ppg differential in post-season history, at +14.5 ppg.

14. They had the largest FG% spread in post-season history, at a staggering .497 to .395 mark, or +.102.

Furthermore, if the ABA had been merged with the NBA, those margins would have INCREASED across the board. The best team in the ABA was the Utah Stars, who won the title with a 57-27 record, and basically one legitimate NBA star in Zelmo Beatty. The Virginia Squires went 55-29, and their best NBA player was Charley Scott. The Kentucky Colonels were in the Finals with a 44-40 record, and their lone NBA star was Dan Issel.

As for the NBA, after Milwaukee's 66-16 record, the next best mark was New York at 52-30. So, the Bucks were an eye-popping +14 wins better than any other team in the league. Should they get punished for that?

Their only chip in the argument would have been their post-season competition, which was not their fault. They romped over the 41-41 Warriors in the first round, 4-1. They wiped out the 48-34 Lakers in the WCF's (albeit, LA was without both West and Baylor); and they swept the 42-40 Bullets in the Finals...(and by a +12.3 margin.)

The '71 Bucks had a PEAK Alcindor (Kareem), a still excellent Oscar, Bobby Dandridge and his 18-8 .509 FG%, Jon McGlocklin (who was the Kyle Korver of his era...albeit, he didn't benefit with his 3pt range, simply because the NBA didn't have a 3pt line), Greg Smith with his speed and athleticism, which produced a 12-7 .512 FG% season, and a couple of quality reserves in Bob Boozer and Lucius Allen.

I could easily shred that POS list, which has the '67 Sixers at #16 and the '72 Lakers at #18, as well as a ton of more examples, but I am not going to waste my time. Needless to say, I have the '72 Lakers at #1 all-time, and the '67 Sixers at #2, and I could provide similar numbers as I did for the '71 Bucks. I do have the '96 Bulls at #3.