Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Personality Disorders

Inspired by that retaxis guy and his love of personality disorder classifications. Earlier discussion to be found here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=364172&page=3

This is an opportunity for all ISHers to acquire their own badge of victim-hood (stand up and be counted 'white males' - this is your chance!). I know some of the questions are dumb as hell, but i'm sure they'll produce something useful!

My results:

Disorder | Rating

ParanoidDisorder | Low
    SchizoidDisorder | High
    SchizotypalDisorder | Low
    AntisocialDisorder | Moderate
    BorderlineDisorder | Moderate
    HistrionicDisorder | Low
    NarcissisticDisorder | High
    AvoidantDisorder | Low
    DependentDisorder | Low
    Obsessive-CompulsiveDisorder | Moderate

URL of the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/persona...sorder_test.mv
    URL for more info: http://www.4degreez.com/disorder/index.html

- looks like i have some problems.

I like that because i'm honest enough to admit that i care more about myself than about others, i suffer from the narcissistic disorder. I suspect this has been skewed by the fact that i see caring about others as only being an indirect means of caring about oneself. Admitting that we can only see things from our own perspective is now a disorder. Mental health: where honesty = illness.

Try to be honest ISHers. Funnily enough, these tests tend only to show you as you perceive yourself, rather than how you actually are.

It's also interesting that i would almost certainly have come out completely different had i taken this 4-5 years ago, which really goes to show how silly it is to classify these as illnesses or 'disorders.' God knows where i'd be had i gone to the doctor and been placed on the meds: these things ritualise people in dependency, and prevent their growth and development because they seek to eliminate pain and suffering, as it is how we respond to these things that make a man who he is, not how we medicate ourselves into imbecility and stasis.

Default Re: Personality Disorders

Paranoid: High
    Schizoid: Very High
    Schizotypal: High
    Antisocial: Moderate
    Borderline: Moderate
    Histrionic: Moderate
    Narcissistic: Very High
    Avoidant: High
    Dependent: Low
    Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

seem in accordance with what I thought, apart from paranoia

Test needed some intermediate options

Good you got on to your issues.

You two are almost the same ^^^^^^^^^^

Both in the 'serious issues' category - get some help, maybe pm retaxis, he's the expert

Do others see you as being cold and distant? Yes
    Have other people accused you of being cruel to animals or people? Yes
    Do you sometimes profit at the expense of others, without being bothered by the pain or damage you may cause them? Yes
    Are you prone to bouts of anger? Yes
    Are you often uninterested in the feelings of others? Yes
    Are you quick to anger when your expectations are not met? Yes
    Are you focused on order and perfection? Yes
    Have you ever been in jail or done something that you could be put in jail for? Yes
    Do you engage in any obsessive or compulsive behavior? Yes

Press Here to Calculate Results.. Not today

Shit, that site surely sent my info alongside with my IP to the goverment the and *****

Goddamnit

Paranoid | Low
    Schizoid | Low
    Schizotypal | Moderate
    Antisocial | Moderate
    Borderline | High
    Histrionic| Low
    Narcissistic | Low
    Avoidant| Very High
    Dependent| Moderate
    Obsessive-Compulsive | Moderate
    Last edited by Heavincent; 01-02-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Whats funny is that every poster on here has multiple accounts and will probably post different results on the strength of their particular fictitious character. Kinda sad actually.

<table><tr><th>Disorder</th><th>Result</th></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/paranoid.html">ParanoidDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#009;">Low</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizoid.html">SchizoidDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#009;">Low</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">SchizotypalDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#909;">Moderate</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">AntisocialDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#909;">Moderate</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">BorderlineDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#009;">Low</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">HistrionicDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#909;">Moderate</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">NarcissisticDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#909;">Moderate</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">AvoidantDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#009;">Low</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">DependentDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#009;">Low</span></td></tr><tr><td><a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/schizotypal.html">Obsessive-CompulsiveDisorder</a></td><td><span style="color:#009;">Low</span></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><a href="//www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv">Do I Have a Personality Disorder?</a> --<br>-- <a href="//www.4degreez.com/disorder/index.html">$linkText2</a> --</td></tr></table>

Answered genuinley, pretty boring. I don't put much stock in this sort of thing, but a good friend of mine has described me as so balanced it's unbalanced.

I agree we definatley try and label people to readily. This need to demonise what are often just personality traits is often lazy pseudoscience imo. A lot of it is a sliding scale anyway, just being arrogant and not giving a **** about others doesn't mean your a narcissist, just a douchebag. Only in extreme circumstances do alot of these things really warrant classification. It also gives people an excuse not to improve themselves in many circumstances. Your not good at something? Work at it. Your inclined to x behaviour? Address it yourself. Accountability.

Having said that it's a thin line, one of my friends struggles massivley with a disorder, which has really changed his life. We often discuss if it could of been identified earlier, was it cultured more by nature or nurture etc. Undoubtedly though this would be done by more aggressive labelling and behavioural monitoring.... Which I'm generally not in agreement with.

Interesting thread old bean.

Edit: link not working as I'm on my phone. Will sort later.
    Last edited by CasterL; 01-02-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I think it needs more options on the test.

Like I got high Schizoid, and I can see why it came up that way on the test because I do prefer to be alone or in the company my closest. But I have great social skills, I do not fear social interaction, just often don't prefer it. I am considered to be funny. I feel like the results came up because it's a yes or no deal.

Didn't really see myself go "high" anywhere, but I wouldn't have been surprised if I would have been on Narcissistic, or perhaps Antisocial..
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 01-02-2015 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Whats funny is that every poster on here has multiple accounts and will probably post different results on the strength of their particular fictitious character. Kinda sad actually.
    the thought of anyone doing that is insane.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Paranoid:
    Low
    Schizoid:
    Low
    Schizotypal:
    Low
    Antisocial:
    Moderate
    Borderline:
    Low
    Histrionic:
    Low
    Narcissistic:
    Low
    Avoidant:
    Low
    Dependent:
    Low
    Obsessive-Compulsive:
    Low

The only surprise is that antisocial wasn't also low. I'm pretty outgoing and extraverted.