Exclamation You can't write a better story...

Than Cleveland winning their first sports championship in 52 years

This is something special

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: You can't write a better story...

what genre is that story? science fiction or fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    what genre is that story? science fiction or fantasy
    I actually just picked up "Kobe Bryant: Keys To Dominating Game 7's In The NBA Finals" from the fiction section at Barnes & Nobles for $6.24.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I actually just picked up "Kobe Bryant: Keys To Dominating Game 7's In The NBA Finals" from the fiction section at Barnes & Nobles for $6.24.
    dude, how could u miss "lebron the clutch god" for $5.47, there was a huge stack of them

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    dude, how could u miss "lebron the clutch god" for $5.47, there was a huge stack of them
    You forgot "how to win organically" and "perseverance:sticking in there when things get tough" also by Lebron James both were 4.97

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    there was a sale on amazon, 2 for 6

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

espn keeps replaying that cleveland documentary. They want that rematch and the cavs taking it this year...it's a great story..that's what the nba is all about now.

Hopefully you mail it to Lebron on time so he could learn how to win. His area code is 2 4 7 soon

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

I can think of a better story. It goes like this:

The defending champion broke the greatest season record in sports history...the one said no one would break- 72-10....yet they did it anyway.

Then the star of their team and unanimous MVP (first time ever) gets injured late first round and it looks to be potentially serious. They rally around their depth and put on great performances giving said star time to come back, still hobbled and clearly with a lost step, but they carry on until the WCF.

They become stunned by a team with 2 top 5 players leading the way and get down 3-1. With backs against the wall, they grit out a big win in game 5 mostly helped by generous Silver backers (TV MONEY!!!) and have to stave off elimination one more time against a hostile team with a determined PG ready to slit their throats. And with 2 amazing performances, the best backcourt in the NBA breaks 3 pt records and puts together an unreal 4th quarter comeback to force a game seven.

And now for the future story.

In front of the most dynamic fanbase in the league, the MVP rises with his fellow guard to "splash" down shot after shot in a tight battle that once again puts them in the NBA finals.

But these are no ordinary finals. They are up against the most heralded and media covered finals character since the GOAT himself. They must beat a man determined to bring his city and hometown a championship that has alluded him and caused collusion to this league as the world has never known. 6 straight appearances from this behemoth that have mostly fallen short (with tv coverage to prove the smallness) but have made him hungry to showcase that he can win without future hall of famer Dwayne Wade.

I don't know about you, but when GS wins, that narrative is pretty freaking special. And I am not even a Warriors fan.

lmao you lads are a bunch of jokers, funny books

speaking of that, anyone got a link to that thread where people came up with book titles for players, was good for laughs