Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 09-25-2007, 10:00 PM   #1
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation
Default Clippers depth Chart?

What is it gunna look like?

One scenerio(most likely)

C- Chris Kaman - Paul Davis
F- Tim Thomas - Rubin Patterson - Josh Powell
F- Corey Maggette - Al Thornton
G- Cuttino Mobley - Quinton Ross - Guillermo Diaz
G- Sam Cassell - Brevin Knight - Jared Jordan

2nd possible Scenerio

F- Al Thornton - Quinton Ross
G- Corey Maggette - Cuttino Mobley - Guillermo Diaz

3rd Scenerio

F- Tim Thomas - Al Thornton - Josh Powell
F- Rubin Patterson - Quinton Ross

4th scenerio(my favorite scnerio when EB got injured)

F- Al Thornton - Tim Thomas - Josh Powell
F- Corey Maggette - Ruben Patterson

When Elton Brand and Shaun Livingston come back

F- Elton Brand - Tim Thomas - Josh Powell
F- Corey Maggette - Al Thornton - Ruben Patterson
G- Sam Cassell - Shaun Livingston - Brevin Knight - Jared Jordan

Wow, its gunna be nice to see Elton and Livy back but we're gunna have an ugly lock jam at PG and Forward.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:42 AM   #2
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation
Default Re: Clippers depth Chart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
What is it gunna look like?

One scenerio(most likely)

F- Corey Maggette - Al Thornton

2nd possible Scenerio

F- Al Thornton - Quinton Ross

3rd Scenerio

F- Tim Thomas - Al Thornton - Josh Powell
F- Rubin Patterson - Quinton Ross

When Elton Brand and Shaun Livingston come back

F- Elton Brand - Tim Thomas - Josh Powell
F- Corey Maggette - Al Thornton - Ruben Patterson
G- Sam Cassell - Shaun Livingston - Brevin Knight - Jared Jordan

Wow, its gunna be nice to see Elton and Livy back but we're gunna have an ugly lock jam at PG and Forward.
Did you get a chance to read ESPN's Q&A with EB? He hints that the team will play with a more athletic and fast line-up. If that be the case, I can really see your 4th scenario coming into play. I would even like to see Maggette play the four occasionally since he can rebound and use his speed to his advantage.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Yea. I'd rather see Corey at PF over Al Thornton. Corey's much stronger and is a much better rebounder. It's gunna be interesting to see what kind of lineups we have this season.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #4
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

i think that line up would be fun to view....
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:41 AM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

I have to say I really like the 2nd and 4th options. It might just be me, but the reason I'd place the 2nd over the 4th is that I think both Maggette and Thornton together would be pretty redundant as both of them are nice slashers, but neither spread the floor, nor have the size to guard some 4's, which is why I like the 2nd option because Thomas will spread the floor, Kaman will bang and Maggette and Thornton will each slash to the bucket. Here's what I won't mind seeing though:

CE: Chris Kaman | Paul Davis
PF: Tim Thomas | Al Thornton | Josh Powell
SF: Corey Maggette | Ruben Patterson
SG: Cuttino Mobley | Quinton Ross | Guillermo Diaz
PG: Sam Cassell | Brevin Knight | Jared Jordan

See, with this line-up, we have two people who can spread the floor with Chris banging and Corey slashing. Sam as well helps spread the floor and Cat himself can slash well enough. When we go to the bench, Davis is a high post option, Thornton slashes, Patterson plays the enforcer role, Ross hits his jumpers and Knight runs the offense. Then, we have Jordan who can also run the offense, Diaz who is a fast break type player imo and Powell can be a banger I'm going to assume.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #6
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah I guess yo uhave a point there... but dont you think that the third of option allows them to run more?

But I guess it does become redundant for the most time that they are not running...
Old 09-28-2007, 05:06 AM   #7
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

From an outsiders point of view, I see patterson starting at PF, he provides the mongrel needed that TT couldn't whip up if he tried.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:23 AM   #8
clipps
Good college starter

I'm really hoping that Paul Davis will come out of nowhere and get put in as the starting PF. He has size, he's a good rebounder and has the midrange jumper similar to Elton's jumper. I don't think it would hurt to try.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:18 AM   #9
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

Quote:
I'm really hoping that Paul Davis will come out of nowhere and get put in as the starting PF. He has size, he's a good rebounder and has the midrange jumper similar to Elton's jumper. I don't think it would hurt to try.

I think more minutes should be given to him... but a Starter? I dont know about that... Davis is a solid body but his game is a bit underdeveloped... not to say that his fault, but I dont hink he is starter material... A backup that actually contributes, instead of keeping the bench warm, I could see how that could work..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: