Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Arrow Do we have a Big 3?

Bosh, O'Neal and Calderon???

Jose was near allstar last year... and O'Neal is reported to be healthy.

i think so
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Do we have a Big 3?

I think I have a feeling hes gonna add another scorer like Jefferson or something..

im not gonna call it a big 3 yet until i see Calderon really improve from last year
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
I think I have a feeling hes gonna add another scorer like Jefferson or something

How are you getting Jefferson?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
How are you getting Jefferson?

I dont know just heard for some thread BC might add another possible scorer.. forgot who said it.. but they mentioned Jefferson
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Chrispbosh4 has no real reputation yet.
Thumbs down Re: Do we have a Big 3?

The last thing this gives us is a big three. All O'neal gives this team is a big question mark. Can he actually play an entire season? when was the last time he even tried???. Why would we give up 2 starters and a pick for this pathetic excuse of a pro ??

The point is Indiana has been trying to pawn off JO with his "gimmie ball" attitude now for 2 years. He is not at all a centre in this league. He wont get us into the second round of the playoffs. Him and Bosh play the same position, as well as typically the same inside/outside big man style. Plus where does this leave minutes for Bargnani? a player Colangelo swears not to give up on.

Us giving up TJ Ford, Rasho, Joey (probably) and our DRAFT PICK?! so many talented players are just sitting there at #17 and were going to miss out on many atheletic wings and hard playing bigs. could have picked up a promising 20-22 yrs old talent. Now were taking on a 30 yr old Jer- moan O'neal and his injury riddled frame in a deal I still pray wont happen.

This better work out for Toronto or peoples views on Colangelo will change very quickly .
Chrispbosh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #6
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
I dont know just heard for some thread BC might add another possible scorer.. forgot who said it.. but they mentioned Jefferson

I hear alot more about Corey Maggette. Ive heard jefferson but that was when the raptors were still talking with the Nets about a Bargnani, Jefferson swap (with other pieces involved)
Old 06-26-2008, 09:41 AM   #7
Good Old Willy
DBDs

Good Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat coolGood Old Willy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
Bosh, O'Neal and Calderon???

Jose was near allstar last year... and O'Neal is reported to be healthy.

i think so

No.

Sounds like a repeat thread from last year.

Calderon has not actually had an all star season yet. Remember the VERY widespread opinion about TJ Ford in this forum exactly one year ago. "TJ is an allstar! - We have the big three too if you include Bargnani!" Calderon is very good, but not a proven star yet. He could go up, he could go TJ.

JON - not a star until he plays. Zero-sum accounting with him. Until he actually puts up 20-10 games, he is alonzo mourning. Actually he is Shaq, minus the rings and celebrity. Might play, he might now, might make a huge impact for a bit, might be an expensive bench player most of the season.

EDIT: I bet we'll see lots of JON or JO troll accounts pop up here now..

Last edited by Good Old Willy : 06-26-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Good Old Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #8
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
Calderon has not actually had an all star season yet. Remember the VERY widespread opinion about TJ Ford in this forum exactly one year ago. "TJ is an allstar! - We have the big three too if you include Bargnani!" Calderon is very good, but not a proven star yet. He could go up, he could go TJ.

might be an expensive bench player most of the season.

Also the difference b/w people in a Raptor forum saying TJ is an allstar and Jose getting 'national' (US) attention as an actual deserving all star as voted by the coaches is a big difference.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #9
Chrispbosh4
I brick open layups

Just learned from ESPN that the raptors should also aquire the 41st pick in tonights draft for the deal. Also Joey wont be leaving, Maceo Baston will.

At 41 i think we can get a good big man that can stay in this league. JJ Hickson (if he drops) Richard Hendrix, Devon Hardin, Joey Dorsey and DJ White are all candidates here. If they decide to go smaller with the pick, Courtney lee (maybe will fall) Bill Walker and Gary Forbes should be good candidates.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #10
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

This 41 pick is a great addition. I know some will freak out and disagree, but I think the odds of a big at 41 succeeding in the NBA, in this draft, are not much worse then a big taken at #17. Does Robin Lopez have that much more potential to be good then Dorsey?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #11
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I really like that the 41 pick is coming.

There are some diamonds IMO in the 2nd round.

Richard Roby anybody?

Also for us to have a big 3 Jose needs to become a legit all-star and Jermaine O'neal needs to return to his healthy Indiana ways.

So as of right now we dod not have a big 3.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #12
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

The 41 st pick give us a cheap body on the end of the bench. To hope it turns out to be servicable at some point is very very optimistic.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm hoping for DeVon Hardin at that 41 spot.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #14
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

We've got twin towers but not a big three untill Jose steps up. Jose's time to step up is now.

Their are some gems in the second round Walker, Jefferson, etc... and I could see B.C making another move on draft night maybe get another second round pick.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #15
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Jose is not the answer to the big three. Great player but not the answer.

We still have assets - potential moves.

Whats his name playing in Spain - PG might be worth something to someone looking for a "no cap impact deal".

Parker is an asset if his intention is to jump to Greece. Expiring contract and all. Joey gotta be worth something. All the pieces seem in flux and potentially movable.

The question to ask is :

Can BC run over the cap for a couple of years to make a run in the east?

Then he re-tools when O'Neal expires and re-signs Bosh (I hope).

The answer to this will be the answer to whether we have a big three
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: