Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Laker Trade Rumors

Did you guys hear about the latest possible trade?

We would send lamar over to Chicago for Tyson Chandler and Chris Duhon and the second overall pick in return because lakers want brandon roy.

I thin Duhon and the Pick are good but we dont need another center. Unless of course we trade him for a pick...or a gaurd.

We should try and sign Marcus Banks. I think he can easily end up in a lakers uniform this season

Superstar

this is would be the dumbest thing lakers could do. why get rid of odom now? wtf

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    this is would be the dumbest thing lakers could do. why get rid of odom now? wtf
    I guess if it did God forbid happen, It is all about Brandon Roy.

They are only intersted in the Pick. But then again, Chris Duhon is a pretty good PG and he could be our starter and smush backin him up

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I guess if it did God forbid happen, It is all about Brandon Roy.

They are only intersted in the Pick. But then again, Chris Duhon is a pretty good PG and he could be our starter and smush backin him up
    odom provides many matchup problems and gives lakers an edge on that frontline with his versatility. besides, the core of that team (kobe/odom) is just starting to mesh and playin very well together. odom is understanding phil's system and this could be a big success. trading odom for an unproven roy and attempting to have a core of two guards is just plain dumb. if lakers are seriosly considering this, then they're doomed.

Unregistered
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

This is total BS Chicago wouldnt give all that up for an underachiever!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    This is total BS Chicago wouldnt give all that up for an underachiever!
    This was a rumor on the www.insidehoops.com page.

Right now lakers are working out brandon roy and they have shown much interest in him over the past few weeks now

Unregistered
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Cool lakers doing it right

the lakers need to get a team make over all they have consistent is kobe and odom is there one day and the next days its like hes on vacation the lakers need power players who go for the ball like chandler who hustles and not scared like odom who couldnt even take advantage of the match up against marion who out hustled the lakers like game 6 and roy is a up and comer who make some noise hopefully its all true and we get changes because bynum just stands there

the lakers need to get a team make over all they have consistent is kobe and odom is there one day and the next days its like hes on vacation the lakers need power players who go for the ball like chandler who hustles and not scared like odom who couldnt even take advantage of the match up against marion who out hustled the lakers like game 6 and roy is a up and comer who make some noise hopefully its all true and we get changes because bynum just stands there

Bynum is only 18 guys...Don't expect much of him...for cryin out loud i am older than him and i would have sooo much butterflies if i played in the NBA.

He showed flashes of his Potential Dunking on shaq and then taunting him with elbow. Then in a full 12 minute fourth Quarter, Bynum had a 7/7 performance for 16 points altogether.

So this means he can play in the NBA..doesnt necessarily means he can be a star but I am hopeful that one day he will give us a contribution that was once given to us By kareem, Shaq, Chaimberlain....who knows, Maybe Bynum will be on that list

Superstar

i think every bad thing you said there about odom was not there in the playoffs and toward the end of the reg season. hustlin for the ball? remind me again, who jumped to the ground and got controll of the ball and passed to kobe for a dunk over nash. who was it that while on the ground, made a pass in between someones legs for a kobe slam...yea, it was odom. who repeatedly abused marion in the playoffs on both ends. sure marion got an advantage here and there, but odom showed up everyday, excpet maybe for game 7 where no laker showed up. whos the facilitator of the trianlge offense? odom. who is the power forward that causes matchup problems for frontlines with his versatlity? odom. who leads the team in assists and rebounds...lamar odom. bottom line, odom's versatility aligned with kobe can be deadly if given time. and it was proven at the end of the season and the playoffs, we seen a completely different team. it was too bad that inexperience and youth caught up with them...but it was a sign of good things to come so why break it up over an overpaid chandler and a rookin in roy. nah thanks.
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 06-08-2006 at 12:46 AM.

I usually hit open layups BeckDiggLer's Avatar

Two trades are in the works:

1-Chicago's 16 th pick and Duhon for Mihm (the Lakers are shopping him hard)

and

2-Bynum and the Lakers #1 to Atlanta for the 5th pick (Roy)

Quote Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer

and

Where did you hear about this one?

Not airballing my layups anymore Patches O'Houlihan's Avatar

That Mihm trade might actually be good.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by BeckDiggLer

and

The Lakers will have to add another player in order for that first trade to work. Throw in Smush Parker, who is a good cheap backup point, and that may work. However, what good would getting the 16th pick do unless a good swingman falls through the cracks like last year.

The only way I see the Lakers trading Bynum is if they believe that Kwame is their center of the future. I think it's too soon to trade Bynum. Kwame is a really good defender and rebounder already. His offensive game and his patience needs to get better.

I think that Smush deserves another chance at playing more mins. He was a pretty good pickup last year.

He is a good dunker, Shooter (when his confidence level is high)

He averaged 11 ppg for the whole season and had pretty good games. He can play in the NBA.

Andrew needs time also. I keep saying he showed glimpses of his future with the Dunk on shaq and the 17 point performance vs. new York.

I think he can be great, but like Kwame, he needs to catch better.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Some of you guys seriously overrate Odom. Chandler, Roy and Duhon for Odom? All 3 of them would probably be starters if that trade went down.