Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Home of the 16

Lightbulb Grossest or worst dish you've ever eaten?

I believe we haven't had a topic like this in a long time. I'll start:

I'd have to go with a plate of squids, I only ate two but I think that counts. I gave up as I was chewing the second piece, I was like "**** it...". It was at a Filipino restaurant w/ friends. Worst I've ever eaten. Though, I'll eat calamari's any time.

JEFF, WHAT WAS YOURS?

I'm down with HRC

Default Re: Grossest or worst dish you've ever eaten?

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Though, I'll eat calamari's any time.

JEFF, WHAT WAS YOURS?
    What was different about this squid from fried squid? Also Calamari like squid is already plural.

The worst dish, I ever ordered was Barbarian Soup in a homesetyle Thai restaurant. We thought the toilet was backed up. I can't said I ate it because once we realized what it was we had them take it away.

It really seemed like a joke. Like nothing that would ever be on a menu.

   

just a single interview with andrew zimmern (bizarre foods) was enough to fill my head with shit that i would never dare to try, such as:

lutefisk - white fish soaked in a lye solution until it turns gelatinous, buttered coffee - i think it's big in turkey, animal genitalia - i'm sure it tastes wonderful, but...

probably the worst thing i've actually tried has been vegemite spread. in fact i do like fermented / stinky cheese tastes, but vegemite has so much salt that it tastes like concentrated sea water. you have to use a huge amount of butter to balance it out, and i just don't see the point.

on the flip side, i'm looking forward to trying nattō (slimy fermented soybeans) and insects in some form. i've already gotten used to seaweed, more or less.

Had lamb brain in France. Was gross; I didn't mind things like snails or frogs legs, but this shit was just nasty.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Cheese

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    just a single interview with andrew zimmern (bizarre foods) was enough to fill my head with shit that i would never dare to try, such as:

lutefisk - white fish soaked in a lye solution until it turns gelatinous, buttered coffee - i think it's big in turkey, animal genitalia - i'm sure it tastes wonderful, but...

probably the worst thing i've actually tried has been vegemite spread. in fact i do like fermented / stinky cheese tastes, but vegemite has so much salt that it tastes like concentrated sea water. you have to use a huge amount of butter to balance it out, and i just don't see the point.

on the flip side, i'm looking forward to trying nattō (slimy fermented soybeans) and insects in some form. i've already gotten used to seaweed, more or less.
    Dawg, butter coffee and lutefisk are both delicious. You should try them both if given the chance. Turkish coffee is among the best in the world breh.

Worst dishes I ever had were Egyptian food. I dunno what it's called, I think Koshary, but one dish in particular was real nasty. It was macaroni with rice on top and lentils on top and then disgusting processed sugary ketchup.

These ingredients should not have tasted so bad but it's just the way it was steamed combined with the gross sugary ketchup that made this dish in particularly disgusting.

I have had good koshary but also koshary so bad it is safe for me to call it the worst thing I've ever eaten.

Oh recently I went to a shitty all you can eat sushi place and ordered the uni aka sea urchin roe. Usually uni is delicious but at this budget restaurant it tasted like dead fish shit. I thought I was going to die of food poisoning. Unfortunately for ISH, I didn't and shit it out the same night I ate it instead.

edit:KyrietheFuture where you at?
    Last edited by Nick Young; 06-22-2016 at 01:50 PM.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Dawg, butter coffee and lutefisk are both delicious. You should try them both if given the chance. Turkish coffee is among the best in the world breh.
    actually i like turkish coffee just fine-- strong, intense, and served in a small cup. not a fan of butter, tho. i don't know when i'd ever have the chance, but i probably would try lutefisk just for S's and G's. that and gefilte fish.

to be honest, average american food is also some of the most awful food i've ever had:

overcooked vegetables, hotdogs, potato salads, ketchup, all kinds of artery-clogging deep-fried food, cole slaw, the world's most pathetic bread, plain salads loaded with thousand island dressing, boring sandwiches, american cheese, greasy pizzas, awful pasta and generally too much shit loaded down with massive quantities of sugar, salt, cheese and mayonnaise.

it's not like you can't get superb food or the necessary ingredients to make it, but the average american menu is pretty dreadful.

NBA Legend

Been feasting lately on the hearts and minds of Kobe stans. Not a particularly healthy nor appetizing dish (soooo much sodium) but tis a celebratory cuisine made palatable by the sweet taste of victory juice it's been sauteed in.

Banned

actually i like turkish coffee just fine-- strong, intense, and served in a small cup. not a fan of butter, tho. i don't know when i'd ever have the chance, but i probably would try lutefisk just for S's and G's. that and gefilte fish.

to be honest, average american food is also some of the most awful food i've ever had:

overcooked vegetables, hotdogs, potato salads, ketchup, all kinds of artery-clogging deep-fried food, cole slaw, the world's most pathetic bread, plain salads loaded with thousand island dressing, boring sandwiches, american cheese, greasy pizzas, awful pasta and generally too much shit loaded down with massive quantities of sugar, salt, cheese and mayonnaise.

it's not like you can't get superb food or the necessary ingredients to make it, but the average american menu is pretty dreadful.
    Bro you shouldn't hate on your culture so much. We have great food and some shit food.

America has good bread. Look at San Fransisco sourdough for example or cornbread.

We also are one of the best in the world when it comes to barbecue and cooking meet. Our BBQ sauces are amongst the best in the world, if not the very best.

Yes America has produced some disgusting food but we also produce some world class recipes on par with anything else in the world.

We also are one of the best sandwich countries in the world.

And in terms of healthier food, California cuisine is where it's at.

We also got delicious sea food and lobster and crab dishes from the East Coast in places like Maryland and Maine.

Also, whether you eat it or not, you cannot deny that America is great at desserts. Key Lime pie is one example of a delicious American dish.

British food is the worst I've had. Boring dishes, badly cooked and they overcook all of their meat so it is rubbery, and usually food has very little flavor other than being fried. They also invented soggy tasteless vegetables.

Worst dishes I ever had were Egyptian food. I dunno what it's called, I think Koshary, but one dish in particular was real nasty. It was macaroni with rice on top and lentils on top and then disgusting processed sugary catchup.

These ingredients should not have tasted so bad but it's just the way it was steamed combined with the gross sugary catchup that made this dish in particularly disgusting.

I have had good koshary but also koshary so bad it is safe for me to call it the worst thing I've ever eaten.

Oh recently I went to a shitty all you can eat sushi place and ordered the uni aka sea urchin roe. Usually uni is delicious but at this budget restaurant it tasted like dead fish shit. I thought I was going to die of food poisoning. Unfortunately for ISH, I didn't and shit it out the same night I ate it instead.
    You're not American

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    You're not American
    lol whoops what a dumb typo

Yes though bro, I am American. We the best

lol whoops what a dumb typo

Yes though bro, I am American. We the best
    I know you've traveled so I'm curious if you agree with me. America might not have the best Italian, French, Spanish etc food in the world. But it's damn good. Go to any other country, their non native food is always trash (except Indian food in England). Getting anything but Italian food in Italy, was a ****ing horrible decision. It was the same in many other places idk if you would agree.

   

Bro you shouldn't hate on your culture so much. We have great food and some shit food...
    bro... the USA is the third country i've lived in. it's not "my" culture, boychick. when it comes to cuisine, i'm fairly passionate about the world's cuisine.

i think america's gourmet food is utterly fantastic... and that's not what i was talking about.

bro... the USA is the third country i've lived in. it's not "my" culture, boychick. when it comes to cuisine, i'm fairly passionate about the world's cuisine.

i think america's gourmet food is utterly fantastic... and that's not what i was talking about.
    a better term than boychick is "fuccboi"

nick young is such a fuccboi

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I know you've traveled so I'm curious if you agree with me. America might not have the best Italian, French, Spanish etc food in the world. But it's damn good. Go to any other country, their non native food is always trash (except Indian food in England). Getting anything but Italian food in Italy, was a ****ing horrible decision. It was the same in many other places idk if you would agree.
    All "foreign" food is made to appease the local palette. That's why foreign food made for Americans tastes good to you, but non-Italian food in Italy tastes wonky and not like you are used to.