Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #31
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: If crooked ref is Bennete Salvador, I demand a title for the Mavs

Who were the refs for the Kings/Lakers playoff game where the Lakers got all the calls in the 4th quarter?
Were any of them also reffing the Mavs/Heat finals?
Regardless, I still think that the Lakers deserved that game given all the missed free throws by the Kings.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #32
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

Game 7 the Kings aboslutely effing choked at the line and thus they choked the series.

Game 6 down at LA they were absolutely robbed.

The LA Lakers ALWAYS had favoritism when it came down to the wire. So did the Bulls. Doesn't make it right, doesn't make it fair, it's just what it is. If you really wanted to beat them, you had to beat them and the refs.

It's not really surprising. Controversial calls ALWAYS happen. They just usually happen for the favored team, :).

And yes, the Dallas - Miami series was garbage. Dallas should've grown a sack and finished the series because they had it won, but still, Game 5 changed the series. Anybody who is saying it didn't is full of ****.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:27 PM   #33
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

You would choke too if you had to play 5 on 8... and if you were the lakers/Heat in that situation you would feel invincible playing 8 on 5.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:05 PM   #34
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
You would choke too if you had to play 5 on 8... and if you were the lakers/Heat in that situation you would feel invincible playing 8 on 5.
I don't see why Cuban wants to buy the Cubs, he already has a fan base with an excuse for everything...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #35
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

how can people honestly say "if the Mavs took care of business and didn't leave it up to the refs." that should never happen in professional sports, ref's are there to make calls, not decide a series. unfortunately, that wasn't the case in the mavs-heat NBA finals. It should be fair for both teams to have an equal shot at winning, and just because Dallas might have choked, that should have no effect on the ref's decisions, it's so foolish to even think of that. It's like saying, oh you screwed up so you don't get a second chance even though you've played good enough to win, so I personally agree with the Dallas fans who believe the series was rigged...maybe not rigged but they definitely got screwed.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: