Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers, Clippers will pursue free agent Arenas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I dont know, looks good on paper, but we become very undersized in our back court. How will Gil fare guarding bigger, elite guards? Kobe will take on bigger guys, hes capable of defending them, but I think this will wear him down over time.

In my eyes its better for Kobe to guard slightly bigger and slower guys because Kobe himself is a very strong player. Im actually afraid of him guarding quicker and faster guys.

Gil is a very good pickpocket guy and thats about it but its not like we have great defense right now anyways. As long as we got our centers doing their job then there shouldn't be much to worry about defensively.

Even with Bynum and Ariza, we never were a "hold the opp to 70" type of defensive team.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:54 PM   #17
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
In my eyes its better for Kobe to guard slightly bigger and slower guys because Kobe himself is a very strong player. Im actually afraid of him guarding quicker and faster guys.

Gil is a very good pickpocket guy and thats about it but its not like we have great defense right now anyways. As long as we got our centers doing their job then there shouldn't be much to worry about defensively.

Even with Bynum and Ariza, we never were a "hold the opp to 70" type of defensive team.

It was more like uppper 80's , lower 90's. Which still aint bad at all, it be top 5-10 in the league.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #18
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Aquiring a stud guard and moving Kobe to the 3 could launch this team to new heights! But that is getting way ahead of ourselves. We still have to finish up this season.

It's kind of strange that this story came out now.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:15 PM   #19
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

I see where your comming from. I agree to a certain degree. I am just woried about a few other teams. Like the Pistons. Arenas cant handle Rip and Prince, so I dont see who he would guard. Also the Celtics with Ray Allen and Pierce. But those are only a few teams...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #20
-Ev08-
I brick open layups

-Ev08- has an OK reputation so far

I wouldn't trade Odom for Arenas, let alone give them Farmar.
Baron Davis on the other hand is a totally different scenario.

I'm willing to shift Farmar and Odom to GS.
-Ev08- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:08 PM   #21
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ev08-
I wouldn't trade Odom for Arenas, let alone give them Farmar.
Baron Davis on the other hand is a totally different scenario.

I'm willing to shift Farmar and Odom to GS.

ya if possible id rather have baron then gil, baron is stronger more capable Defender..

with bynum gasol and ariza helathy id rather have odom then gil, he would help out as a 3rd-4th option much more then gil being added to the team..

Fish/farmar
Kobe/sasha
Ariza/vlad/luke
Gasol/ turiaf
Bynum/mihm

and that leaves the coaching staff to decide where LO should be, if he should take bynums starting spot ect..

u no ur team is good when ur biggest prob is have to many people deserving to be in the starting 5..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I see where your comming from. I agree to a certain degree. I am just woried about a few other teams. Like the Pistons. Arenas cant handle Rip and Prince, so I dont see who he would guard. Also the Celtics with Ray Allen and Pierce. But those are only a few teams...

I think Arenas is an SG more than a PG but luckily the triangle doesnt need a real pg to function....so here is my next lineup:

Gilbert Arenas
Kobe Bryant
Trevor Ariza
Pau Gasol
Andrew Bynum
Old 03-19-2008, 08:49 PM   #23
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

JW.. Would Gil be able to play the 2?
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
JW.. Would Gil be able to play the 2?

He can but would be a defensive liability which is why Phil usually prefers big guards.

I would think that since we dont need a pure PG, as I stated above, i would put him at the one and start Kobe and Ariza at the 2 and 3 spots respectively.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #25
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont know about Arenas as a Laker... not sure he fits...

But I can assure you 1000% that the Lakers will not trade D Fish. The organization, by culture, is very loyal good or bad. They will not sell D Fish out. He will retire a Laker unless he can get better treatment for his daughter elsewhere.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:55 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I dont know about Arenas as a Laker... not sure he fits...

But I can assure you 1000% that the Lakers will not trade D Fish. The organization, by culture, is very loyal good or bad. They will not sell D Fish out. He will retire a Laker unless he can get better treatment for his daughter elsewhere.

True

Its funny how much loyalties we have for certain players as opposed to big namers. We traded GP for some youngins and hoped we would keep derek but derek chose to sign elsewhere.

We would be such a dangerous perimeter team if we had Kobe, GA, and Fish.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: