Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 02-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #16
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

HisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation hereHisJoeness has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Meet James Harden

With all the things I've read about him the comparison that keeps hitting me across the head is Brandon Roy while he's not nearly as good a distributor/facilitator as Roy he should be a good one.

Last edited by HisJoeness : 02-08-2009 at 08:39 PM.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #17
Godfather
Banned

Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
With all the things I've read about him the comparison that keeps hitting me across the head is Brandon Roy but he's not nearly as good a distributor/facilitator as Roy he should be a good one.

If he keeps working on his jumper Gilbert Arenas is my comparison.

Otherwise he is Rodney Stuckey like.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:51 AM   #18
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Man dude was a beast at Artesia. I remember I had no idea who he was when we were at a open run at Fairfax HS and he happened to be there and this dude was tearing up Josh Shipp and I was like damn you don't see that on a daily basis. Harden isn't the most athletic guy I have seen but he knows how to put the ball in the bucket. I know alot of people have different comparisons of him but I see him as a more efficient Michael Redd.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:51 AM   #19
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd love to have him on my Sixers.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #20
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
I'd love to have him on my Sixers.
me too obviously
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #21
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Toronto could really use him.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #22
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Harden and Mayo are going to be the future of the SG position, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are already become a much better players than Dwyane Wade and Derrick Rose in the next 5 years.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #23
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Harden and Mayo are going to be the future of the SG position, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are already become a much better players than Dwyane Wade and Derrick Rose in the next 5 years.

You've never seen Harden play have you? I'm big on him, but better than Wade? You're just pulling that from your ass.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:40 PM   #24
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

Hardens a good player but I don't see him better than Wade or Rose. I see him being better than Michael Redd for sure.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #25
aj242
I hit open 5-footers

aj242 has not been impressing people

Love his game. Especially his unselfishness. I go back & forth about him being an elite player in the NBA but he's certainly going to be a quality starter.
aj242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #26
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

i think there is no doubt he will be an elite player on the next level... call me crazy but i would grab harden with the #1 overall pick, i just think this kids special, and i think he's one of those handfull of players that come around every three years, the last gaurd being brandon roy... i see him being much much better than mayo, dwayne wade will be the top sg for the next 5 years no question about that but i do believe harden will be right up there... sg's like the roy's, wades, joe johnsons, gilbert, kobe, ginobli, are more valuable to a team than a top notch big guy and i think when u have a oppurtunity to grab a player like this YOU DO IT!!! Big men come and go, and are more available via free agency, or trades, but superstar stud gaurds like this, teams are reluctant in giving or trading away... i would pick harden as my #1 overall pick...yesss i am insane.
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #27
swyftdahoe
I brick open layups

swyftdahoe has an OK reputation so far

I wonder if he's more Michael Redd than Brandon Roy.. Maybe somewhere in between..
swyftdahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:16 AM   #28
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by swyftdahoe
I wonder if he's more Michael Redd than Brandon Roy.. Maybe somewhere in between..

The more I see of Harden against better defenders, the more I see him as Cuttino Mobley. Reason is he looks like a servicable starter but his lack of athleticism definitely limits his game. Daniel Hackett and Dwight Lewis held him to about 10 pts and you could see how not being explosive limited his ability to score.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:21 AM   #29
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
The more I see of Harden against better defenders, the more I see him as Cuttino Mobley. Reason is he looks like a servicable starter but his lack of athleticism definitely limits his game. Daniel Hackett and Dwight Lewis held him to about 10 pts and you could see how not being explosive limited his ability to score.
He may have only scored 10 points, but he dished out 8 assists. He was distributing very well last night.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #30
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0

He's 19 and he's already this good. He's been carrying the team all by himself. Not everyone can be Durant.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: