NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Rumor: Ryan Anderson for Gerald Green and a first

depending what rumors you read, the first is either 14 or 27.

i think the idea behind it (as someone mentioned in the asik trade thread) is that the Pelicans need to make a trade like this in order for the Asik trade to actually happen

Suns get a terrific stretch 4 to replace Frye (i wonder how this affects markief)

Pelicans get Green whos coming off his best season (he'd probably fit better in the starting 5 than tyreke, but not because of talent), . and a 1st round pick

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Levity; 06-26-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Default Re: Rumor: Ryan Anderson for Gerald Green and a first

If it comes to fruition then NO will take a step backwards next year (IMO). And to top that move, they will probably lose three other guys: Aminu/Smith/Roberts.

They will be really thin next year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Needs to happen for a number of reasons.

The Pelicans have to worry about keeping Asik past this year as well.

I like the trade for them, but the ceiling on this team might not even be a playoff victor this coming season.

Think about what they've given up for that so far.

Noel and the 10th pick for Holiday. And now potentially another lottery pick for Asik.

LOL...all to try and compete in the toughest conference in NBA history for a fringe playoff spot next year?

Ugh....

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

I think we should sell Green when his value is high, and im a fan of Ryno, but im not entirely sure of this trade. PF is probably our deepest position, tho we dont have much talent there, i dont see Ryno being much of an upgrade over Keef.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

The Suns had been expressing very strong interest to bring shooters aboard the team. Spreading that floor for Dragic and Bledsoe to operate. With the Suns probably out of the race for Kevin Love, not like they were exactly in it in the first place, getting Anderson to replace Frye who's opting out would be a nice upgrade.

I assumed that the Suns won't be keeping both Green and Bledsoe for too long, so giving up one of them this off season was somewhat expected. And if the Suns are determined to go with Bledsoe, they should really sell Green high. Green's a great fit for the Suns, but he often gets too trigger-happy.

The Suns are seemingly high on the potential of Goodwin, this move also freed playing time for Archie to develop. Only concern is how Archie is handling his recent case.

I hope the Suns put focus on a solid big man as their next move, just someone who commands a little attention in the low post will do. Running their duo point guards show kicking that ball out to shooters can only get you so far, and Miles ain't going to cut it.
    Last edited by livingby3's; 06-26-2014 at 02:14 PM.

College superstar

What about Green, Dragic and both firsts for Rose? Huh? Huh? Comeon, you know you want the injured ex-MVP.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    If it comes to fruition then NO will take a step backwards next year (IMO). And to top that move, they will probably lose three other guys: Aminu/Smith/Roberts.

They will be really thin next year.
    I thought I heard Aminu won't be brought back (UFO), Smith can be signed via exception, and Roberts can be extended a QO & then they can match any offer sheet. They can keep guys, but they need to be creative in how they do it (potentially renounce, then use MLE). This FO may not get it done though.