Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #856
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: 2014 College Football Discussion Thread

Win Butkus award, be left off Pac-12 Team 1. Interdasting
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #857
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

That New Year's Day lineup is fucking AMAZING!
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:06 PM   #858
irondarts

Oregon State has hired Wisconsin HC Gary Andersen as their new Head Coach.

Really surprising.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:09 PM   #859
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Smh. Smh. Smh.

Peters is a beast. He already got suspended one game for arguing with coaches.

Smh.

That's just retOarded to not let shit go.

He was pretty much a lock for the first round.

Prolly not no more. Smh. Smh. Smh.

Fuccs up us down the stretch to.

Waiting on word from my homie to get real scoop. Peterson has to be a dick.
lol it came out today that Marcus Peters first suspension was because he tried to STRANGLE a coach on the sidelines. They let him back on the team and he tried to DO IT AGAIN.

This guy is NOT getting drafted. What a fvcking nutcase.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:53 PM   #860
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
lol it came out today that Marcus Peters first suspension was because he tried to STRANGLE a coach on the sidelines. They let him back on the team and he tried to DO IT AGAIN.

This guy is NOT getting drafted. What a fvcking nutcase.

Smh. Smh.

Too much talent to not get drafted though.

DEFINITELY not a first rounder like he was projected, but SOME team will pick him.

Got anger issues. Shit we'll take him late and channel that shit. Lol.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:04 AM   #861
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

muschamp will be auburn's new DC. i called it. this is huge for them since i'd say defense has been their greatest weakness for years now. now if mussy can recruit big, physical corners, they're gonna be a problem
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #862
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
muschamp will be auburn's new DC. i called it. this is huge for them since i'd say defense has been their greatest weakness for years now. now if mussy can recruit big, physical corners, they're gonna be a problem
Why big physical corners? Those guys can't guard anyone deep.

Look at bama's corners, always getting burnt deep
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:52 PM   #863
qrich
King Heno

Royal Purple Bowl: December 20- Colorado State vs. Utah
Sun Bowl: December 27- Duke vs. Arizona State
Holiday Bowl: December 27- Nebraska vs. USC
Foster Farms Bowl: December 30-Maryland vs Stanford
Vizio Fiesta Bowl: December 31st- Boise State vs. Arizona
Alamo Bowl: January 1- Kansas State vs. UCLA
Ticketcity Cactus Bowl: January 2nd - Washington vs Oklahoma State

Seven winnable bowl games for the Pac-12 sides. SC and Utah make the most weary, think ASU will definitely blow out Duke and if Mora has UCLA at 100%, KState won't be close. UoA might struggle vs Boise State, with the Frosh Duo, but think they take that match up as well.

Plus Oregon will romp FSU.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #864
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian1923
Why big physical corners? Those guys can't guard anyone deep.

Look at bama's corners, always getting burnt deep

well i guess not big physical corners per se but they've been getting exposed w/ smaller ones recently. anyway, point is...muschamp will make that defense better. bama's corners have been a slight weakness for a couple years. they're just not that good overall. muschamp will recruit the right guys and i think physical corners can get away w/ more since they're in the sec and sec refs let a little more slide

Last edited by blacknapalm : 12-19-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #865
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

some bad crap coming out about tyreek hill. oh and espn dropped winston all the way to #2...overall. the back peddling continues from mcshay and kiper who were saying...what, 2nd rounder at best a month ago? what has changed in a month? bspn never fails to amuse me.

13 days. requested the day off from work already. really contemplated going to the game since i also have the following day off as well. money isn't the issue. it's the fact i'd likely miss the bama game right after and i mean, will it be worth doing that over watching it in the comfort of my home on a big screen? that and i don't know any other nole fans around here. one of these days tho, i gotta go back. the experience can be worth it. if i lived within even two hours of the rose bowl, i would be there no question.

this should be a really exciting game. i don't see how either defense holds the other to less than 30, much less 40. the last two heisman winners. a traditional powerhouse vs. a new school powerhouse. spread offense vs. pro style offense.

both these teams have their mismatches.

i think w/out a doubt fsu wins in the trenches. our o-line has been arguably elite since cam moved to center. it helped that rod john was ready to go and in only several games he took all-american freshman honors at LT. tre jackson is unanimous all-american under all five platforms. even with rod's size he keeps his feet churning and if he gets his mitts under your pad level, he's capable of driving you back 10-15 yards. it's on film and he's scary good for a freshman. the emergence of fsu's o-line and cook was the turning point of the season. this is the best o-line oregon will have faced all year. if we can get space and go to the second level, cook is in for a big day. that will also open up the playaction to o'leary.

if our d-line comes back healthy, it could also be the best d-line oregon has faced. meanwhile, oregon's d-line is also pretty stout, but fsu has faced some stout d-lines this year w/ clemson, boston college and virginia. i've seen this narrative out there in regards to speed vs. size. it's truly inaccurate. oregon isn't as small as some make it seem (even their LB's) and oregon doesn't have this otherworldy speed that fsu can't match. oregon lacked size 4-5 years ago. that's such a lazy, broad, just old narrative. oregon beats teams by their tempo and getting defenses off guard.

also, fsu faced better defenses as a whole. louisville and clemson are arguably better than stanford and michigan state on that side. the worst defense fsu played this year was oklahoma state. oregon has faced several teams that could be considered worse: oregon state, colorado, wyoming, cal and washington state. not exactly a murderers' row. oregon's defense has faced better offenses.

obviously fsu hasn't faced an offense this potent. they've faced spread offenses but nothing w/ mariota behind it.

so ya, this oregon team is probably the best offensive team fsu will face. this fsu team is only one of the best offenses oregon has faced. defensively, fsu has seen better. oregon has seen better too, but not by much. this could truly come down to mariota vs. winston. TO battle could be the tipping point. where are the x-factors? i think thomas and goldman are x-factors on fsu's side and not in a good way. they're both still not practicing.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 12-20-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #866
Nanners
College star

I think Royce Freeman is going to be really important for Oregons success in the playoffs. His combination of size, speed and strength is amazing, and hes such a pain in the ass to tackle that he can really wear down an opposing defense. Its kind of scary that hes just a true freshman because his body already looks NFL ready.

6 feet tall and 230 lbs

Last edited by Nanners : 12-19-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: