Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

Default rob babcock and fred hoiberg assistant GMs to TWolves

just thought id put this out there, but rob babcock is not ass. GM to the Twolves. thoughts abt how this is gonna work out? i think hes gonna advocate trading KG away so the wolves can truly rebuild
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:53 PM   #2
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Default yah he's now becoming a hired Gun Franchise player trader...

hopfully he can get nothing in return for Garnett too hahahaha
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

good luck to the wolves, hopefully they find out Babcock is the WOAT and fire him ASAP.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:56 PM   #4
Raptorballfan
I airball my layups

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I don't think that Babcock is such a bad guy. He's ruined his chances of becoming a GM in the next decade or so, mostly because he is not respected by other GM's and player's agents. But as an assistant GM, I actually think that he's got a little bit going for him. I don't think he's completely unintelligent, and he seemed to really beef up our scouting dept. We've got Calderon, and now Slokar on our roster this year, and those moves are directly related to Babcock. Keep in mind that we signed Calderon as a free agent, the guy wasn't even drafted. There are a lot of first and second round draft picks looking for regular jobs right now because they couldn't make it in the NBA, Calderon was a steal.

I'd never swap Colangelo for Babcock under any circumstance, but I think Babcock has a lot of respect in Minnesota, and that's probably for good reason. He's been with Minnesota for many years, he had a rough year and a half here, but overall he's probably a very useful assistant.
Raptorballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

Minny has had HORRIBLE GMing for years now. Even when they were winning some games. That isn't entirely on McHale (who with Isiah is the worst GM in the league). If Babcock came from a good program with a history of schrewd moves, then maybe I agree. But he came from a totally disfunctional front office in Minny, and came and made horrible moves in TO, with Jose and Slokar to show for it?? I think if ANY GMs money moves were Jose and Slokar.....yikes.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Minny has had HORRIBLE GMing for years now. Even when they were winning some games. That isn't entirely on McHale (who with Isiah is the worst GM in the league). If Babcock came from a good program with a history of schrewd moves, then maybe I agree. But he came from a totally disfunctional front office in Minny, and came and made horrible moves in TO, with Jose and Slokar to show for it?? I think if ANY GMs money moves were Jose and Slokar.....yikes.
well.. at least he gave us some cap space haha didnt he also draft CB? or was that sm1 else? <i have no idea abt GM stuff.. i just know which players are good and which arent haha>
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #7
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorballfan
I'm obviously in the minority here, but I don't think that Babcock is such a bad guy. He's ruined his chances of becoming a GM in the next decade or so, mostly because he is not respected by other GM's and player's agents. But as an assistant GM, I actually think that he's got a little bit going for him. I don't think he's completely unintelligent, and he seemed to really beef up our scouting dept. We've got Calderon, and now Slokar on our roster this year, and those moves are directly related to Babcock. Keep in mind that we signed Calderon as a free agent, the guy wasn't even drafted. There are a lot of first and second round draft picks looking for regular jobs right now because they couldn't make it in the NBA, Calderon was a steal.

I'd never swap Colangelo for Babcock under any circumstance, but I think Babcock has a lot of respect in Minnesota, and that's probably for good reason. He's been with Minnesota for many years, he had a rough year and a half here, but overall he's probably a very useful assistant.

I also agree that Babcock is not a bad guy. There are too many spineless idiots in these forums and those I have heard on the radio that have dragged his name in the dirt. The situation and opportunity he was given most people would not take. Colangelo would not have taken it. Babcock had balls unlike a lot of you idiots in here.

Be interesting how many of you idiots that criticize and rip Babcock would go right up to his face and have the guts to say to him what you say in here.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:59 PM   #8
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
I also agree that Babcock is not a bad guy. There are too many spineless idiots in these forums and those I have heard on the radio that have dragged his name in the dirt. The situation and opportunity he was given most people would not take. Colangelo would not have taken it. Babcock had balls unlike a lot of you idiots in here.

Be interesting how many of you idiots that criticize and rip Babcock would go right up to his face and have the guts to say to him what you say in here.
agreed 100%..but he still did SOME stupid things...but he's only considered a bad gm cuz of the bad record the raps had(no offence), kinda of like larry brown
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: