Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #31
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Default Re: NCAA fans: What do you think of Cam Newton?

A lot of denials.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:01 AM   #32
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

I think there might be something to be said about how he's handling all of this. He seems like a composed guy on the field and this seems to be the case all around. I'm not sure if teams really look at that or not but...
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #33
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #34
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Nice gif.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #35
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Eligible, ineligible, elible again, jiggity jig. However anyone may feel about Cecil Newton the NCAA will let his son play for the SEC title as well as the bowl game, so ultimately, this scandal won't have mattered. Plus, innocent or not (I have no idea and am not judging either way), the blueprint has been laid for taking cash payouts: Just have your parents do it.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #36
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Eligible, ineligible, elible again, jiggity jig. However anyone may feel about Cecil Newton the NCAA will let his son play for the SEC title as well as the bowl game, so ultimately, this scandal won't have mattered. Plus, innocent or not (I have no idea and am not judging either way), the blueprint has been laid for taking cash payouts: Just have your parents do it.

the ruling that he is eligible while also saying they believe his father was doing deals on the side is absolutely pathetic.

this makes the drama over the kid being adopted to push him to Ole Miss in The Blind Side look like an elevator fart.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #37
clipse026
Local High School Star

Love the gif. I agree that this ruling is a joke. Where's JMT to talk about this conspiracy? They obviously don't want TCU in the title game. I seriously doubt he had no idea this was going on. This is as sad as Pete Carroll being oblivious to the USC dealings.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:02 AM   #38
Jackass18
The Iron Price

I figured they'd sweep it under the rug. They should pay the kids any damn way.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #39
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
the ruling that he is eligible while also saying they believe his father was doing deals on the side is absolutely pathetic.

this makes the drama over the kid being adopted to push him to Ole Miss in The Blind Side look like an elevator fart.

No kidding. So every kid can play dumb...not that much of a stretch for many of them...while Mom, Dad, uncle, pastor, family friend, close advisor count the cash and laugh at the NCAA.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #40
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
No kidding. So every kid can play dumb...not that much of a stretch for many of them...while Mom, Dad, uncle, pastor, family friend, close advisor count the cash and laugh at the NCAA.

Exactly. The NCAA just basically came out and said "its okay to shop around your kids around as long as they dont know about it."
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #41
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Love the gif. I agree that this ruling is a joke. Where's JMT to talk about this conspiracy? They obviously don't want TCU in the title game. I seriously doubt he had no idea this was going on. This is as sad as Pete Carroll being oblivious to the USC dealings.

here's my take on ll this.. first let me say i'm a usc fan and the newton deal is in no way comparable to the bush problem, reggie knew what his parents were doing and we know his parents took money and reggie benefited from it, it's apples and oranges.

my problem with it all is that it took the ncaa 5 years to sort through reggie bush and that stuff.. time and time again reps from the ncaa said these things take time we can't devote 24 hours a day to the investigation blah blah blah

newton we find out after the fact was banned on tuesday and reinstated 24 hours later.. and the ncaa was able to reinvestigate the entire case in that time? there's going to be some backlash from this...

meanwhile here in usc land we have a player suspended for riding in a golf cart with another student who is studying to become a agent... the student (who was going to be an agent) does have a valid player reps license (or did, the NFLPA took it away this week) but he has never had a client or ever tried to rep anyone and the usc player said he has known the guy for some time now and knew he studied sports management but never knew he was registered with the NFLPA....

so the usc player is suspended for the season for taking a ride in a gold cart with a someday agent....

this is the type of stuff that pisses me off, it's just arbitrary rulings depending it seems more on who gets assigned to oversee the investigation or how hard the investigator wants to work at it...
in the usc case they held the player to the exact letter of the law, he had contact with an agent he's out
in the newton case the exact letter of the law is not being enforced because newton pleaded ignorance but in the rules as stated by the ncaa ignorance is not an excuse, but still he plays...

like i said i have zero problems with newton playing the kids a talent and his team should not be punished for his parents dealings. my problem is strictly with how the ncaa doles out it's rulings...

Last edited by gts : 12-04-2010 at 09:09 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #42
KenneBell
What set you claim?

I hope he stays here next year but that's selfish.

I hope he has a long and successful NFL career.

Pretty much the best football season I've ever been a part of and he may be the greatest CFB player I've seen in person.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: