Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Why is LeBron being compared to Jordan instead of Magic Johnson?

every great after Jordan will always be compared to him, even if there was no similarity. that's just the way it is. ppl will keep on comparing great players to Jordan until there comes a time a player who is OBVIOUSLY GREATER THAN JORDAN arrives. and then that player will be the next one getting the comparisons for all preceding players after him.

which just proves that MJ is still the GOAT.

Dunking on everybody in the park chosen_wun's Avatar

Shaq and Jason Kidd had a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    This MJ comparison needs to stop. LeBron* has never done anything on MJ's level. 1/3 in finals? 4th quarter choke jobs? Can't lead a team to a ring even with a stacked miami team, only to get it the next year thus resulting in an asterisk?
    Oh boy, You're gonna have a bad time the next couple years...
    Maybe you should consider being cryogenically frozen til Lebron's done climbing the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    such a disrespect with jordan and magic, what has lebron ever done without a team that can win without him and the help of the refs to deserve comparison? , jordan and magic were the heart and brains of their teams...
    what has jordan done without a team that can win without him

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    For some reason, the media just immediately compares everyone to Jordan. It's like guys like Bird and Magic don't exist. And it's not just LeBron.
    Its because they want someone to idolize. Just like what Gretzky did to hockey and there isnt anyone close to taking him down except for Crosby. The same goes for LeBron* compared to Jordan. There's no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    Oh boy, You're gonna have a bad time the next couple years...
    Maybe you should consider being cryogenically frozen til Lebron's done climbing the charts.
    Are you stupid? I said he never has. I didn't say he never will.

Improve your reading comprehension skills or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Masters
    LeBron's game resembles that of Johnson and not Jordan. LeBron rarely erupts for huge amounts of points like Jordan did. LeBron is a walking triple double like Magic Johnson and will probably end up with a career very similar to Magic Johnson, which is very very good and top 10 all-time worthy, but still a notch below Jordan. So why is there even a comparison between James and Jordan?
    The very first time I saw LeBron play I thought of Magic and not Jordan. There was some high school game that ESPN showed. I tuned in to see what the hype was about. It was obvious that he could have gotten to the basket any time he wanted. What surprised me was that he deliberately was getting all his other teamates involved and he wasn't just an athletic freak, but understood the game too. He made me a believer that day, that we might one day be seeing him have a season like he has this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    such a disrespect with jordan and magic, what has lebron ever done without a team that can win without him and the help of the refs to deserve comparison? , jordan and magic were the heart and brains of their teams...
    Kobe-tards should've went to sleep early tonight. That game-winner is showing how retarded they really are.

Neither Jordan, Magic or Bird. He is...Lebron James.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    he is compared to both, he is a combination somewhat
    he doesn't has jordan's graceful

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    This MJ comparison needs to stop. LeBron* has never done anything on MJ's level. 1/3 in finals? 4th quarter choke jobs? Can't lead a team to a ring even with a stacked miami team, only to get it the next year thus resulting in an asterisk?
    Never lost in the first Round. Can MJ top that?

Because hes already a better individual player than Magic.

With Jordan its comparable, and people are just waiting to see the accolades Lebron can rack up to see if it becomes a comparison.

Because most fans suffer from an annoying lack of imagination, perspective and knowledge. They also suffer from insecurity in that they see the next big thing that even remotely resembles their idol and expect to get their idol's second coming, never coming in terms with the fact that his era is over.

I don't think LeBron closely resembles any other star player that was the idol of millions. I see no more Jordan or Magic than I see Baylor or Oscar in him.

Because he scores as much as Jordan while managing to playmake like Magic.

Good High School Starter Ken_Masters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Because he scores as much as Jordan while managing to playmake like Magic.
    He is many notches below Jordan as a scorer, and probably slightly below Johnson as a play maker. He has a better chance of emulating Johnson's career than he does of emulating Jordan's. Besides passing, Jordan is more skilled and effective than James across the board.