Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #31
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Re: Jobs you've "Office Spaced" on

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
I have. I called the boss a "fgt" too. He must've been a real one, because he ever said sh*t to me about it. He looked at me weird on Tuesday (long weekend), but that's it...

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #32
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Rice Mill. Laid myself off and never went back. I remember it was right before first break... I was so depressed. I didn't feel relieved or anything. It was awful. I am much happier now though.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #33
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

I worked a job cleaning boats for a few months as a seasonal thing.

One day the boss comes up to me all sad and says, 'I'm sorry but we don't need you anymore.'

I said, "Awesome, thanks."

He looks at me and says, "Well you're the first person I've fired who's thanked me."
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #34
Stuckey
ifirtworld

I'm planning to Office Space one of my current jobs

I'll let u know the aftermath

no way to get a reference letter from them anyways, the managers are a bunch of uneducated boondock immigrants
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #35
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

Only once. I was working for tips and not making shit. Figured filling out a two week notice was a waste of my time and money considering I could get a walk-in, start tomorrow type of job and make more than I was making there. Didn't call back but didn't really have to.

I've always thought it was kind of a ***** thing to do to quietly walk out of a job and then not respond to calls. Man up and tell them you were fed up with the job, co workers, or whatever made you quit. I've had places try to rectify the situation, give me a raise, and even a promotion to stay with them . Never went back to any of the places, but I at least told them what was up and why I dipped.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #36
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

When I was 15, I stayed with my aunt/uncle for the Summer out of state. Picked up a part time job working at McDonalds. I knew I was only gonna be there a few months, but didn't tell them that. Never gave a 2 weeks notice or anything. Just didn't show up the day I left, and my last check was docked like crazy.

There were no child labor laws, seemingly. I worked long shifts and did jobs that I'm sure kids weren't supposed to be doing, so didn't feel TOO bad about quitting like I did.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #37
I<3NBA
College superstar

worked as a TV reporter for a local news station. after about 6 months of this, i got burned out i stopped reporting for work first monday of the week. that first day, the station anchor kept calling me on my phone. i just turned it off and went back to sleep. i did this for a couple of days until eventually i answered the call and told them i'm not going back anymore.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: