Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe cant find the marshmallows

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    You're just a ****in hater man! And don't give me that garbage about being a Kobe fan. If you were, you'd just accept everything he does and defend it no matter what. I see through you. HATER!

Hellbound

Now I'm not a psychologist, but I am a man. The way Kobe is standing/leaning over Pau could be viewed as supposed to be intimidating. If he just walked to have a calm conversation about the weather, he coulda sat down like I think he starts to do at the end of the clip. But standing over someone while berating them is much more effective. There appeared to be a lil bit of momentum and force in Kobe's movement, that didn't look like Kobe being an adoring groupie and Pau being Fabio and Kobe running his hands gently through Pau's hair. Also, judging by the body language of the surrounding Lakers, it looks like an awkward confrontation. Ariza looks like he's watching a serious car accident, or a donkey show like in Clerks 2, where you wanna look away but can't. But I think what says it all is Derek Fisher, the elder statesmen, the veteran influence, just staring down, completely focused on his warm up shirt I think it is.

But, no matter what I analyze and take outta the clip, we'll prolly never know the actual circumstances. The only definite conclusion I can come to is that if another man ever put his hands on me like that and it wasn't in obvious jest, I would swing immediately. I don't give a **** if it was Kobe, I'm a grown man, nobody is gonna put their hands on me like that.

Theres alot I don't like about Kobe but that gif isnt one of them. I think some Laker fans on this board are right in that some people rush to get on Kobe for anything he does. What he did to Gasol doesnt seem like that big of a deal. So he roughed up Pau a bit. Pau is soft as tissue, he needs to get roughed up every once in a while.

But the comparisons to Jordan have to stop. Yes Jordan said and did some mean things, but then he went on the court scored 40 and won the game. Jordan expected everyone to play to his level or at least try to. If you didn't he had no time for you. Maybe that was kinda mean and ruthless but it got the Bulls 6 titles.

Bottom line, Jordan backed up his mouth and his actions with his game. Kobe hasn't done that yet. Thats why Jordan "gets away with more" than Kobe does.

Kobe doesnt have to win 6 rings to be in Jordans class. I just want to see him refuse to lose. Take the team on his back and say "fcuk this I'm not losing, the rest of you need to step up or get out of my way." He's had many opportunities to do this since Shaq left but hasn't stepped up like that yet. I've seen Lebron do that, like the game against the Pistons a few years back and game 7 vs Boston last year. And yes he lost vs Boston but he left it all out there and thats the point.

Thats what Kobe should of done in game 6 but he didn't. Thats what he should of done last year when that 18 point lead was evaporating or when game 6 vs Boston was starting to get out of control, but he didn't. Yes he'll probably have a big game tomorrow vs Houston but Jordan or Lebron or even Wade wouldn't let it go to game 7. Finishing off a team in game 7 when you should of beat them in 5 isn't really something to pop your jersey over.

However much I hate Kobe I still want him to show me something. It's the baskeball fan in me.