Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Wizardly Cool
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Matrix Movie Trivia... What does the woman in the Red Dress Symbolize?

All fans of the Matrix should know by now that the Matrix Trilogy has many underlying messages, Biblical overtones, and certain elements that symbolize a deeper meaning.

So my bonus question of the day is What does this woman in red represent?

Krust Kingz

Default Re: Matrix Movie Trivia... What does the woman in the Red Dress Symbolize?

[COLOR="Red"]Leaving the True reality and back to the normal world i think.... They want to stay in the Matrix[/COLOR]

Default Re: Matrix Movie Trivia... What does the woman in the Red Dress Symbolize?

never watched no even one of the matrix movies...anyways i am going to go with her representing satan.

Value Ape.

Punani.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

i'd hit it

Just a distraction during Neo's training.
    To be alert at all times etc..
    Nothing else.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I never really thought about it, but just thinking back to the scene and what it could possibly represent, I'm going to go the political route... Communism? Looks beautiful and alluring from the outside but can be incredibly dangerous.

Communism is really a beautiful premise when you read about the ideology in text books. It is its application that becomes sticky.

....stab in the dark.

Wizardly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bisk
    Just a distraction during Neo's training.
    To be alert at all times etc..
    Nothing else.

Oh make no mistake about it, there's a much deeper meaning.

A viewer asked the Wachowski brothers, "Your movie has many and varied connections to myths and philosophies, Judeo-Christian, Egyptian, Arthurian, and Platonic, just to name those I've noticed. How much of that was intentional?" They replied, "All of it" (Wachowski chat).

Well if it is, it's a nice touch to the movie.
    But then again, 99% of the people would probably think it was just
    a nice distraction.

Wizardly Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'm going to go the political route...
    No.

that's the wrong route.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
    No.

that's the wrong route.
    I like my theory. I'm sticking with it. I bet it makes more sense than the 'right' answer.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Red"]Leaving the True reality and back to the normal world i think.... They want to stay in the Matrix[/COLOR]
    This. Represents a reason why some want to leave the Matrix but they have it all right there. Similar to when they're at the restaurant eating steak.

Come touch it, Dave Knuck the Ficks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Communism is really a beautiful premise when you read about the ideology in text books.
    I think it's a terrible premise. The whole idea or removing one's individuality in favour of the group disgusts me. We have only one life to live, why would anyone want to live it under the orders of others?

rank sentamentalist

the entire movie revolves around power relations and concepts of control, so i would say she represents the temptation of removing free agency from other sentient beings while masking it as for the greater good. doesn't the nerdy kid say "she'll do anything" with an ear to ear grin on his face? she's perfectly willing to blow neo in any way he wants, because she is part of a system of control, a system in which the nerd offers neo the position of the head. benefits of that temptation overwhelms some, while others are able to escape it.

i have no idea what the religious symbolism might be, but that's my stab.

5-time NBA All-Star

question 4 rba/donks: why was the little girl in schindler's list the only glint of scarlet mongst the black and white?