Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #16
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Default Re: The Bulls went 36-16 against an injury-depleted EC and still didn't win 50 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
When you consider what the Bulls lack inside, a game under .500 against the West really isn't bad.

05-06 Suns.

But that's absurd on my part, the Bulls don't have Steve Nash.

So I guess we can all conclude that the Ben Wallace signing was a flop and that Ben is a cancerous jerk that refuses to improve his offensive game apart from setting screens and occasionally facilitating the ball off of picks?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #17
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Default Re: The Bulls went 36-16 against an injury-depleted EC and still didn't win 50 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
05-06 Suns.

But that's absurd on my part, the Bulls don't have Steve Nash.

So I guess we can all conclude that the Ben Wallace signing was a flop and that Ben is a cancerous jerk that refuses to improve his offensive game apart from setting screens and occasionally facilitating the ball off of picks?
I wouldn't say all that.

I don't think the signing was a flop. I think people had irrational expectations for it. The Bulls' team defense was already pretty darn good. How much could one truly expect Wallace to improve it? Sure, he brings some shot-blocking, and that helps, but defense wasn't an area where Chicago needed significant improvement. Signing a big name doesn't equate to big improvement if there isn't a significant need to be filled.

I don't think Wallace refuses to improve his offensive game, either. He just hasn't very much. I'm sure it's not for lack of trying. He just plain isn't an offensive player. If Chicago didn't know that good and well before signing Wallace, then they deserved their disappointment. It was well established.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:33 PM   #18
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Everyone has to take into account that signing Ben Wallace took the Pistons from a 64 win to team to 53 win team and an ECF loss to the Cavs.

The Bulls went from losing 23 games more than the Pistons 2 years ago, down to just 4 more losses than the pistons last year.

2006 - Pistons 64 wins/Bulls 41 w/out Ben Wallace
2007 - Pistons 53 wins/Bulls 49 w/Ben Wallace

That is a pretty extreme jump, taking away the divisional rivals heart and soul, of atleast the defense counts for more than people give credit.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:34 PM   #19
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
I wouldn't say all that.

I don't think the signing was a flop. I think people had irrational expectations for it. The Bulls' team defense was already pretty darn good. How much could one truly expect Wallace to improve it? Sure, he brings some shot-blocking, and that helps, but defense wasn't an area where Chicago needed significant improvement. Signing a big name doesn't equate to big improvement if there isn't a significant need to be filled.

I don't think Wallace refuses to improve his offensive game, either. He just hasn't very much. I'm sure it's not for lack of trying. He just plain isn't an offensive player. If Chicago didn't know that good and well before signing Wallace, then they deserved their disappointment. It was well established.

Exactly my point then. He's the highest paid player on their team and brings nothing to the table. That's a flop in my eyes. The very definition of redundant. The upgrade in defense he brings is marginal and they still can't beat Detroit and Cleveland.

The other trade that was supposed to be high profile was bringing in Brown and Smith... but we all know how that went. The Bulls are the new New Jersey Nets after Carter era. They'll consistently make the playoffs and might even sneak into the second round but that's all. They are financially screwed and will never get a good enough pick. They'll have to resort to a trade if they want to ever win a championship within the decade.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:35 PM   #20
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Everyone has to take into account that signing Ben Wallace took the Pistons from a 64 win to team to 53 win team and an ECF loss to the Cavs.

The Bulls went from losing 23 games more than the Pistons 2 years ago, down to just 4 more losses than the pistons last year.

2006 - Pistons 64 wins/Bulls 41 w/out Ben Wallace
2007 - Pistons 53 wins/Bulls 49 w/Ben Wallace

That is a pretty extreme jump, taking away the divisional rivals heart and soul, of atleast the defense counts for more than people give credit.

Nice. Remind me of who won in the Eastern Semis again?

And said team went on to get thrashed by the Cavs.

Who went on to get destroyed by the West.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:40 PM   #21
Dengness9

Quote:

Prodigy, the Bulls match-up 10x better with the cavs than the pistons. Compare individual match-ups, and also take into account it was just the Bulls first time in the second round since Jordan and intimidation and inexperience were big factors. It took the Cavs one time of losing a playoff series to the Pistons before they could beat them. I guarantee you the Bulls D would have been better against Lebron and the Cavs than the pistons was. The Pistons won the series against the Bulls because Rip and Billups did what they wanted to the much younger and inexperience Gordon/Hinrich duo.

I can't wait for this season to start, so everyone will quit h.ating on the bulls.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:48 PM   #22
Handome
Banned

Quote:

You know he really, really wants to bring up the fact the Bulls went 3-1 against the Pistons, but then he knows Cleveland went 2-2 against the Bulls last year and 3-1 two years ago.

Imagine how sick inside that guy was when Detroit was up 3-0 in the ECS before laying off the gas and putting it in ruise control.

I know he was hurting like a motha.
Handome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:49 PM   #23
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Prodigy, the Bulls match-up 10x better with the cavs than the pistons. Compare individual match-ups, and also take into account it was just the Bulls first time in the second round since Jordan and intimidation and inexperience were big factors. It took the Cavs one time of losing a playoff series to the Pistons before they could beat them. I guarantee you the Bulls D would have been better against Lebron and the Cavs than the pistons was. The Pistons won the series against the Bulls because Rip and Billups did what they wanted to the much younger and inexperience Gordon/Hinrich duo.

I can't wait for this season to start, so everyone will quit h.ating on the bulls.

You're right on certain points but let's disect your post a little shall we?

The Cavs squad then was a rookie team in the Semis yes you're correct. But that Detroit squad was also stronger and there were more games that were closer than this year's semis between the Pistons and Bulls.

Now if you can't stop Billups and Hamilton, why would you think you could stop Lebron? Nevermind the other players, they're just for show. Rewatch the series between the Pistons and the Cavs and if you think the Bulls can do a better job than they did then get back to me.

Also, I'm not a *****. I don't hate any team. I'm a realist. Which would lead me to say that the Suns are going to win this year and Boston is coming out of the East.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:11 PM   #24
Dengness9

Quote:
You're right on certain points but let's disect your post a little shall we?

The Cavs squad then was a rookie team in the Semis yes you're correct. But that Detroit squad was also stronger and there were more games that were closer than this year's semis between the Pistons and Bulls.

Now if you can't stop Billups and Hamilton, why would you think you could stop Lebron? Nevermind the other players, they're just for show. Rewatch the series between the Pistons and the Cavs and if you think the Bulls can do a better job than they did then get back to me.

Also, I'm not a *****. I don't hate any team. I'm a realist. Which would lead me to say that the Suns are going to win this year and Boston is coming out of the East.

I think with Luol playing steady D on Lebron and having Bwallace in the middle which the pistons had no big man in the middle to stop lebron on drives, will be the reason they can stop lebron easier, than the pistons. Seriously Hinrich and Gordon against Snow/Gibson/Brown whoever, makes that a seriously bad match-up for the Cavs. I know Lebron is awesome but, atleast Luol is pretty damn good forward to have to match-up with lebron.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #25
Ya, Dig!!!!
Banned

Quote:
44-47 wins for the bulls as a prediction literally embarrasses your basketball knowledge. How could you possibly believe they are taking a step back? Not the cavs who had 0 draft picks and 0 key FA aquisitions and still don't have Varejao or Sasha? 44-47 wins really????? Wow man. Sporting News would really have a problem with you since they picked the Bulls to finish 1st in the East and go to the finals. ALL THEIR GOOD PLAYERS BESIDES WALLACE ARE STILL GETTING BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you honestly disagree???? christ almighty....
Seriously, can ISH issue an Amber Alert for this guy...I'm getting worried.

Ya, Dig!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #26
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handome
Now I'm not a Bull h*ter, but I feel compelled to expose this team and their over-the-top fans.

Just wait until May/June when they finish with the first or second best record in the east and are on their way to the finals.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #27
Ya, Dig!!!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Just wait until May/June when they finish with the first or second best record in the east and are on their way to the finals.
I thought the whole point of being the "heavy" favorite for the East was to get off to a good start? You know, what real good teams are supposed to do.

Ya, Dig!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: