Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Default Re: Why Westbrook will never be truly elite:

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    who has the better i.q. westbrook or rose?

remember rose chucked his team to a playoff exit against the heat while his teammates were doing well relative to him.
    I've been saying it for years...both Westbrook and Rose are basically the same players.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Switch Westbrook with Wade and the Thunder win it all in 11-13.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Goatbrook forcing the haters to repeat their same useless 2 cents as if anyone cares what nerds on the internet think
    This. If he's so shit Thunder should trade him to the Lakers for Kendall Marshall

who has the better i.q. westbrook or rose?
    In real life? Toss up.

Basketball IQ, feel for the game, shot selection, decision making, coachability? Quite clearly Derrick Rose.

remember rose chucked his team to a playoff exit against the heat while his teammates were doing well relative to him.
    No they weren't.

Rose had to do everything in regards to creating on offense for that team, Keith Bogans was his starting SG. Rose was playing point, and shooting guard for the 2011 Bulls.

He was being zoned up on for the drive by one of the best defenses of all-time with the 2nd place GOAT, the genetically modified SUPER athlete 6 inches taller than him contesting his step back jumper.

A DPOY candidate from 2011 - 2013, and one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all-time.

Are you serious right now? There is absolutely no shame in that. D-Rose didn't have a top three player, and scorer the caliber of The Servant distracting defenses. You can't be this dumb?

That's like Westbrick level stupidity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I think I've only seen 2 games where I thought, "he's worthy of the praise he gets" otherwise he's a glorified 6th man.
    He was/is as good as Rose was.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Chicago wins mainly because of their elite defense and elite rebounding, not because of their mediocre offense. Chicago doesn't even have Rose and Deng yet they are still 4 games above 500. In fact, since Deng left they have improved their record. It all starts with the team defense. Noah and Gibson are very underrated.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    In real life? Toss up.

Basketball IQ, feel for the game, shot selection, decision making, coachability? Quite clearly Derrick Rose.

No they weren't.

Rose had to do everything in regards to creating on offense for that team, Keith Bogans was his starting SG. Rose was playing point, and shooting guard for the 2011 Bulls.

He was being zoned up on for the drive by one of the best defenses of all-time with the 2nd place GOAT, the genetically modified SUPER athlete 6 inches taller than him contesting his step back jumper.

A DPOY candidate from 2011 - 2013, and one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all-time.

Are you serious right now? There is absolutely no shame in that. D-Rose didn't have a top three player, and scorer the caliber of The Servant distracting defenses. You can't be this dumb?

That's like Westbrick level stupidity.
    i meant in the deciding game not the entire series. he chucked shamelessly in that game shooting approximately 35% but still put rose on okc and they may have similar success but remember when rose was with ben gordon? he's not much of a second option player imo so it is what it is.

i meant in the deciding game not the entire series. he chucked shamelessly in that game shooting approximately 35% but still put rose on okc and they may have similar success but remember when rose was with ben gordon? he's not much of a second option player imo so it is what it is.
    Derrick was a rookie that season ... WTF? And Ben Gordon is Kevin Durant? Gordon is a 6th man at best whose been irrelevant since 2009, Rose's rookie season. You make no sense.

The current Thunder with 2011 Derrick Rose could win a ring. He's just that much better of a floor general than Westbrook. See how Chicago collapsed the second he went down in 2012. Their spirits gone.

Derrick never played anyone with Durant caliber talents. Are you kidding me with this nonsense? Westbrick was never EVER the sole focus of a defense the way 2011 Derrick Rose was.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    This guy is Steve Francis 2.0. He will coming off the bench for Olympiakos in 3-4 seasons
    behind Spanoulis

Not only is he talented, athletic, he's extremely skilled AND has a fantastic motor/workrate. To the extent with which he has that combo is rare.

I wouldn't say he's necessarily stupid as much as he's just got the wrong mindset out there most of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    He was/is as good as Rose was.
    He is not better than 2011 Derrick Rose. The difference in context between their situations gives a better perspective on the numbers at their best both put up. Mind you D-Rose would be better by this point if he never got injured, and missed essentially 2 years of pro basketball. By his 3rd season he won MVP. Westbrook is not that good. Chuckbrook never led his Thunder with inconsistent oft injured Carlos Boozer, hurt Joakim Noah, and hustle dork Luol Deng to a 60+ win record.

his timing is off. he will be back to RUSTLING jimmies again in no time

Overreaction thread all over again.
    All of you critizing WB would be praising him had that "dumb" 3 pt shot gone in.
    It was a bad shot but it's his shot. I think it was bad because he isn't 100% yet but in another situation it's just a normal shot that he missed.

He should be a shooting guard.

Complete Player

Blame the coach that allows Westbrook to play that way. As long as Scott Brooks enables him to play like an idiot why do people expect him to change? A player like Westbrook needs Popovich type of discipline to become a good floor leader. As long as Brooks is coach Westbrook is destined to be a low IQ, inefficient chucker.