Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Possible Kevin Garnett Suspension: UPDATE: KG suspended one game

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    KG recieved a fine and suspension.

The ref situation is a very known issue the NBA has been trying to take control of. Phil Jackson knew very well the penalty for criticizing the refs but guess what? He did it anyway. The bigger the fine the better chance Phil bites his tongue next time so it doesnt become a habit of criticizing officials.
    I hope you have the same attitude next time the refs make bad decisions in a Philadelphia team game.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalLA
    I hope you have the same attitude next time the refs make bad decisions in a Philadelphia team game.
    I'm lost part II.

Man w/NBA Inside info NewYorkUSCtrojan's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Garnett elbowed Q-Rich in Game 1. UPDATE: KG suspended one game

How can we start a petition to send these two clowns to the WNBA? Atleast, have them banned from the NBA. Pauley and Gay-G are both fake ass puss! What a disgrace to professional basketball!!!!

I'm lost part II.
    My wife part LXXXV. [COLOR="White"]I think that's 85, but not sure.[/COLOR]

I'm lost part II.

If my reading comprehension was good (english is not my first language) I understood you were blaiming Phil Jackson for being so cocky with the refs, talking bad about them all the time and stuff...

My point is, I hope you say this same thing "its not right to blame the refs all the time" next time this same refs make bad decisions against your 76ers.

KG recieved a fine and suspension.

The ref situation is a very known issue the NBA has been trying to take control of. Phil Jackson knew very well the penalty for criticizing the refs but guess what? He did it anyway. The bigger the fine the better chance Phil bites his tongue next time so it doesnt become a habit of criticizing officials.
    dont forget Phil has a history of bashing the refs.

thats partly why the fine was so huge.

its just like how Cuban got fined half a million for ripping the refs. The fine was so big b/c he has a history of ref bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    dont forget Phil has a history of bashing the refs.

thats partly why the fine was so huge.

its just like how Cuban got fined half a million for ripping the refs. The fine was so big b/c he has a history of ref bashing.
    Yup, good point.

If my reading comprehension was good (english is not my first language) I understood you were blaiming Phil Jackson for being so cocky with the refs, talking bad about them all the time and stuff...

My point is, I hope you say this same thing "its not right to blame the refs all the time" next time this same refs make bad decisions against your 76ers.
    I'm blaming Phil for breaking a rule in the NBA where he questions the integrity of officiating which is a no no. And as mentioned by kentatm Phil has been a repeated offender which is why a fine would be hefty. The NBA wants to protect the officials from being bashed in the media. Whether Phil was justified behind bad officiating or not? You cant not express it thru the media. Thats my point.

If Sixers are in a game thats poorly officiated? My opinion on the refs doesnt come at a cost. But if the HC for the Sixers did? His opinions do come at a cost. I wont be crying unfair to fine the HC because I'm fully aware of the rule thats been in place for quite some time. Players know what they can and cant say, some tow the line because of how much they make.

Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Man w/NBA Inside info NewYorkUSCtrojan's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Garnett elbowed Q-Rich in Game 1. UPDATE: KG suspended one game

Phil and his mind games.

Phil does not care for NBA's fine. That fine was to get into Kevin Durant's head. Phil is crazy with his mind games.

Yup, good point.

I'm blaming Phil for breaking a rule in the NBA where he questions the integrity of officiating which is a no no. And as mentioned by kentatm Phil has been a repeated offender which is why a fine would be hefty. The NBA wants to protect the officials from being bashed in the media. Whether Phil was justified behind bad officiating or not? You cant not express it thru the media. Thats my point.

If Sixers are in a game thats poorly officiated? My opinion on the refs doesnt come at a cost. But if the HC for the Sixers did? His opinions do come at a cost. I wont be crying unfair to fine the HC because I'm fully aware of the rule thats been in place for quite some time. Players know what they can and cant say, some tow the line because of how much they make.

Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say here.

Yes I understand it now, and its fair enough.

Anyway, I dont agree with some of the rules the NBA has, this one is a clear example. Has nothing to do with you though, lol.

Local High School Star Lord Leoshes's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Garnett Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    This. Finally a non Celtic fan who isn't too blinded by hate too see the truth.
    You two are so right. It should be perfectly legal to elbow people in the face.

Local High School Star

If that elbow wasn't on the basketball court it would have been assault.

He deserves the suspension. The hit didn't come during the game but came during a dead ball. **** him.

Local High School Star Lord Leoshes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Finally,someone gets my point. When someone is hurt, the first thing anyone says is back up so that the trainers(in this case)/doctors/nurses/etc can get over there have space to do their jobs. Q kept getting closer and closer until he got shoulder to shoulder with KG and then decided to take another step. I'm watching the replay, asking myself, "where is he going?". He could have realistically gotten any closer to Pierce, and he couldn't have stepped over because there were people on the other side.

So when someone gets close to you you just elbow them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Leoshes
    You two are so right. It should be perfectly legal to elbow people in the face.

Good High School Starter Splitz77's Avatar

I think thats what makes the playoffs fun to watch. So **** all of you.

Local High School Star

The strugs in this whole situation is that KG used to be the guy in 'Sota who busted his ass non-stop for a team/city that could not get over the top. People loved him for that and for his effort. He was respected.

That respect is gone. In Boston, the title was Paul Pierce's. It was for Paul Pierce, and KG played a HUGE part in that. Despite that...he is lost. He never won it with HIS team, nor he will NEVER be considered a Celtic great. Now, at the end of his rope, he has turned into a punk ass who mother f's everyone and has "fake rage" so that everyone will think he still plays as hard and carries the load as he once done.

I watch him play, and it is sad. Some really good players turn into role players at the end of their career and act like it. Bill Walton for the Celts was a good example of that. KG - he acts/talks like he's 1st Team All-NBA and every player in the league is getting pissed off about it. I've watched the NBA for over 30 years, and the stars have never been called out the way KG is getting called out. The people who run and up down the floor with him have had enough. So have I.