Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: I thught Chigaco was a horrible team with out Rose?

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Rose is yet another overrated peremiter player taking all of the credit for the main reason why his team wins: defense and rebounding....and Rose has nothing to do with that. Rose is unfairly giving all of the credit in the media's effort to artifically create a superstar in a big market. He is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. He is merely a very good, not great player....let alone MVP caliber player.

In 2011 when Chicago got to the ECF they got there with the #1 defense and #1 rebounding and #17 offense.
    Rose had nothing to do with the defense and rebounding yet got all of the praise for carrying the mediocre offense with his 8-23 shooting games.
    did you start watching basketball last season? to say rose is just a "good" player and not a "great" player is the dumbest shit i ever heard.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

given a healthy career playing at the level they are playing now every player you just mentioned is going to the Hall of Fame. but you don't get the hype?

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    This, Rose was and will be one of the worst MVP of all time. He is a more likable Blake Griffin in point guard form. Very little actual skill compared to other superstars, a lot of atheleticism
    the shit people say on this messageboard

I rule the local playground Joey3000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    people have been saying the Bulls would at least be okay without rose since well before he even won the MVP. and if they didn't think so the Bulls playing pretty well in the many games he missed last year would do it.

people have been making these such and such don't really need such and such topics forever when a star gets hurt.

I remember people clowning Webber in 04 when they had a great record being led by peja.

MVP level players have been getting hurt and having teams carry on forever.

the Bulls being above average without rose means no more than the Bulls being above average without Jordan or the 76ers winning 55 games after wilt left. or the Knicks making the finals without Ewing. The King's being great without Webber. the Knicks barely missing a beat when Willis reed fell apart before the second ring.

is just fuel for haters which no one will care about looking back on the era.

it doesn't matter if a team can win a good number of games without its best player. it comes down to whether or not a team can be taken serious.

it isn't hard to build a respectable team. Taking the team from respectable to legitimate is what being great is all about.

history doesn't remember 51 wins and losing to the pacers.

Understood, but my question is does Rose make them that much better or does he just take the credit for their hard work?

As was mentioned before the year rose got MVP his teams success was off of dominant rebounding and defense. Nothing to do with Roses horrible shooting percetage.

And if I remember correctly, when they faced Miami in the playoffs that year, they lost 4 in a row and there was nothing this Leader/MVP could do to help his team. He got exposed so badly that the NBA started reconsidering the MVP nomination process.

Again, is he getting more credit than he has earned.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3000
    Understood, but my question is does Rose make them that much better or does he just take the credit for their hard work?

As was mentioned before the year rose got MVP his teams success was off of dominant rebounding and defense. Nothing to do with Roses horrible shooting percetage.

And if I remember correctly, when they faced Miami in the playoffs that year, they lost 4 in a row and there was nothing this Leader/MVP could do to help his team. He got exposed so badly that the NBA started reconsidering the MVP nomination process.

Again, is he getting more credit than he has earned.

Stop sounding like such a moron. You're the type of player that has given this board a bad reputation. How dumb do you sound with that obvious Heat homer talk.

And if you watched basketball then you saw how Rose was the one winning games down the stretch against the elite teams like Miami, LA, SA, DAL. Whenever they needed him to come up big he did. And I doubt Westbrook does anything if LeBron is guarding him down the stretch and he doesn't have KD to kick it out to him and bail him out.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Me and my homie Noah got this, Let lil Rose rest

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    given a healthy career playing at the level they are playing now every player you just mentioned is going to the Hall of Fame. but you don't get the hype?
    Ok I'm fine with that... but none of them are placed on the same level as Rose. again, not saying he is not good. But people rank him ahead of guys who are just as good based off the hard work of his teamates.

I'm sure more than half this Board would rank him ahead of Carmelo Anthony. WHY? He is even ranked ahead of guys like Chris Paul by many... WHY?

They are even saying if he was here Chicago would be in first place in the east. What would he bring that would make that arguement valid?

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    This, Rose was and will be one of the worst MVP of all time. He is a more likable Blake Griffin in point guard form. Very little actual skill compared to other superstars, a lot of atheleticism
    Yeah because every PG in the league can spin Tyreke Evans around....croos Andre Miller to the floor and toss in acrobatic layups like it is nothing.

Can't wait for Rose to be back so he can make you fool's eat your words.

Ok I'm fine with that... but none of them are placed on the same level as Rose. again, not saying he is not good. But people rank him ahead of guys who are just as good based off the hard work of his teamates.

I'm sure more than half this Board would rank him ahead of Carmelo Anthony. WHY? He is even ranked ahead of guys like Chris Paul by many... WHY?

They are even saying if he was here Chicago would be in first place in the east. What would he bring that would make that arguement valid?
    We don't get burned by opposing teams pgs when Rose is playing. He dominated Rondo, RW and pretty much any pg you put in front of him in his MVP season.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    The bulls without rose are going to win mid 50ish games this year. Their defense is elite and they're a very good team.

You think if you add rose they go from 55 wins to 70? No way.. They go to the low 60s so a little over five wins is what rose would add to this team.

There are diminishing returns on teams this good though.. Rose might add 15 to a bad team.
    heres some math. out of 82 games. bulls this season at .602 is projected to win 49 games.

2 season prior when rose played bulls were at .75 wining percentage.
    thats wining 62 games

thats 13 games that rose is propelling his team to win, even when the bulls without him are already above average.

that says alot.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    Me and my homie Noah got this, Let lil Rose rest
    Stfu lame

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Stop sounding like such a moron. You're the type of player that has given this board a bad reputation. How dumb do you sound with that obvious Heat homer talk.

And if you watched basketball then you saw how Rose was the one winning games down the stretch against the elite teams like Miami, LA, SA, DAL. Whenever they needed him to come up big he did. And I doubt Westbrook does anything if LeBron is guarding him down the stretch and he doesn't have KD to kick it out to him and bail him out.
    First of all, I'm not a Miami Fan. Only time I meantioned Miami is to make the point that they man-handled a Rose lead Bulls in the playoffs.

Thats the problem with this board. Instead of making a logical arguement, you just call the person arguing a "Homer" and feel you have made a case.

Its funny that after all the things Ive said u single out one word... Miami. Sounds like ur the "homer".

you seriously started watching basketball yesterday? bulls have been first in the east the last 2 seasons when rose was healthy.

vs chris paul
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8FAmOjKF_k

vs melo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5bFtysx30o

these kids are so uneducated guessers.

let me reroute this idiot that started watching basketball this season.

noo its so outlandish to consider bulls to be first in the east if rose was healthy

pls stfu if u dont know what your talking about
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 01-19-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Stfu lame