Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The clippers have the best bench myth

They are doing well. But it pisses me off every time someone blindly says the clippers have the best bench. They may play well together but on paper they don't even have a good bench. People need to realize that 3 of their bench players are ex warriors and the warriors probably wouldn't want these bench players because they were no good for us. Jarret jack is much more efficient than Jamal Crawford. Look at the percentages before u start opposing and making funny faces. Lamar odom is another bench player this year. Karl Landry is having a much better season than him. And 40 year old hill is hurt. So these are the facts and when I explain people these simple facts they say " no no the clippers have the best bench they have a 15 game steak." but these players were all considered scrubs when they were on other teams. But some people like to live in fantasy rather than look at real life. Everyone that automatically says the clippers are the deepest team has absolutely no explanation other than "but they are the deepest team in the league." no they ain't. But some people don't wanna look at real life. Other than Bledsoe clippers bench is all scrubs.

The last time I checked Matt Barnes or Turiaf were not superstars

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: The clippers have the best bench myth

Take your meds and then go to bed. It's getting late.

Take a nap and never come back please.

Learning to shoot layups BG32-KD35's Avatar

Theres are reason most of the Clippers starters play only half the game

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    They are doing well. But it pisses me off every time someone blindly says the clippers have the best bench. They may play well together but on paper they don't even have a good bench. People need to realize that 3 of their bench players are ex warriors and the warriors probably wouldn't want these bench players because they were no good for us. Jarret jack is much more efficient than Jamal Crawford. Look at the percentages before u start opposing and making funny faces. Lamar odom is another bench player this year. Karl Landry is having a much better season than him. And 40 year old hill is hurt. So these are the facts and when I explain people these simple facts they say " no no the clippers have the best bench they have a 15 game steak." but these players were all considered scrubs when they were on other teams. But some people like to live in fantasy rather than look at real life. Everyone that automatically says the clippers are the deepest team has absolutely no explanation other than "but they are the deepest team in the league." no they ain't. But some people don't wanna look at real life. Other than Bledsoe clippers bench is all scrubs.

Wow this thread...

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Player for player, the 2004 Pistons were outmatched by the Lakers. Why did they win the championship that year?

The best bench isn't composed of the best PLAYERS individually. This Clippers bench is dismantling opponents' starters. They play very well together, are very gritty defensively, and have been a force. That is what equates to them being the best bench.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Agree. But no way are the clippers bench individual stars. Turiaf was on LAL and so so, Barnes was criticized on LAL. All of a sudden in a Clippers jersey they are part of the greatest bench. Just sayin.
    What the **** does what these ****** did on their last team got to do with what they are doing now. Mannnn, get the **** outta here you hoe ass lil kid for you piss me the **** off with lack of knowlege about the NBA or Basketball in general. WTF is this bitch ass ***** trying to say, somebody else tell me whats the deal bro.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Wow, them paragraphs!

Agree. But no way are the clippers bench individual stars. Turiaf was on LAL and so so, Barnes was criticized on LAL. All of a sudden in a Clippers jersey they are part of the greatest bench. Just sayin.
    I never said they were individual stars. The past doesn't matter, different system and different players. They didn't mesh as well on other teams and the system (or how they were used) might not have been optimal for them. I just don't understand how you doubt the title of best bench when the statistics and results have been crystal clear.

Very good NBA starter

Barnes wont shoot from 3 like this all the time

Having hill billups Odom and Crawford offyour bench is balanced andmakes it the best

athletic gritty teams like Memphis will give them probs
    Okc and mia can play slow them down.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Daddy issues?

Billups is shooting 33 percent. Crawford low 40's. Odom 37 percent.......

Not much of a bench to me...
    Since when does shooting percentage make a bench good? You're just pulling stats out of your ass to try to prove a point.

Fact of the matter is they shut teams down. STARTERS or bench players. The Celtics scored 8 points in the 4th tonight with their starters out there against the bench (until a last second jumper gave them 10). They force turnovers, pass the ball well, and play great defense. Why do you focus on 1 stat to try to disprove things?

Look at how many points they score and how they shut down other teams. That alone should show you how good they are. Stop being biased.

Whatever it is, they're destroying teams and that's all I care about. They play good defense and their offense (though it seems as though none of them are capable of scoring outside of Crawford) gets it done night after night.

First time I saw the lineup I thought VDN was out of his mind. Turns out these guys have great chemistry and always play with that 5 in practice, so they know each other well and their ball movement gets the job done offensively. If you play defense, the offense will come (fast breaks, getting the other team to run around out of sync to get back on defense, etc).

I'm not saying they aren't doing good. I'm saying I don't get what is causing them to do good because they don't have anybody other than Paul that has any stats that stand out right now. And the stats that I do know, I pointed out that key players are very low in percentages and points. So beats me why they are doing so good. I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone. People think I'm crazy when I feel like I'm the only one trying to make sense out of this.
    For Jamal Crawford- 37% 3's isn't bad. Plus, every shooter has hot and cold streaks. He's on a cold streak right now, and the fact that he gets so much defensive attention may not be good for his stats but it's great for the rest of the team, less defensive pressure since they're focusing on him so much, and more offensive rebounds since they're out of position trying to double him.

Also, he's shooting 90% free throws. That's even after a few misses more than usual lately. Like I said, you can't nitpick stats, there are plenty more where you aren't looking.