Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Josh Childress Might Be A Bust In Euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by JJ81
    ouch

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

for what he gets paid?? def a bust!! big time.But that was expected,I don't know why Olympiakos would pay someone so much money to do what 100 other players could do for a lot less

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

He's got the talent but he isn't (********* corporate term) optimizing it. There's a lot of cases of talent but not a lot of know-how and awareness on the court. Josh Childress was the sixth pick, went to Stanford, and considered a smart nba player.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    He's got the talent but he isn't (********* corporate term) optimizing it. There's a lot of cases of talent but not a lot of know-how and awareness on the court. Josh Childress was the sixth pick, went to Stanford, and considered a smart nba player.
    I dont doubt his talent, just his aptitude for the european game and whether he is worth all that money considering what you could get for that money.

I would like to see how good Josh Childress would become if he gained an euroleague playmaking intelligence. He would be way better than the nba point guard that can only score, Stephan Marbury.

Learning to shoot layups Taras Bulba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    I would like to see how good Josh Childress would become if he gained an euroleague playmaking intelligence. He would be way better than the nba point guard that can only score, Stephan Marbury.
    Childress is not a point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
    Childress is not a point guard.
    If someone that thin could be a wing in the nba than the nba is more overrated than I even thought.

saw him against real madrid, really nothing special,if i was vujcic,papaloukas,vasilipoulos,bourousis,printezis ,etc etc I would be pissed off at getting a fraction of what he gets.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    saw him against real madrid, really nothing special,if i was vujcic,papaloukas,vasilipoulos,bourousis,printezis ,etc etc I would be pissed off at getting a fraction of what he gets.
    I like Childress as a player actually and he has some very good qualities but honestly if I was Giannakis, Pelekanos would play over him.

Learning to shoot layups Terp in LA's Avatar

Yeah, like some others are saying--his abysmal numbers aren't a testament to the level of play in the Euroleague as much as it is a testament to how overrated and overhyped the underwhelming Childress was in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Terp in LA
    Yeah, like some others are saying--his abysmal numbers aren't a testament to the level of play in the Euroleague as much as it is a testament to how overrated and overhyped the underwhelming Childress was in the NBA.
    I'm sorry but only a pollyanna would say the quality of the nba isn't overrated.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Terp in LA

Except that he was a lot better in the NBA than he has been in the Euroleague, so that doesn't really add up. Anyway, Childress is like all world this year compared to Jannero Pargo. Pargo is having a disaster year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Except that he was a lot better in the NBA than he has been in the Euroleague, so that doesn't really add up. Anyway, Childress is like all world this year compared to Jannero Pargo. Pargo is having a disaster year so far.
    the na and the euroleague are very different beasts, for those that think that the likes of Wade would cruise in the euroleague,he wouldnt!He would struggle,as would Iversen etc.The NBA players that would fair better in the euroleague are some of the power forwards that don't get much action in the NBA,see batiste,baston etc

Learning to shoot layups Taras Bulba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Pargo is having a disaster year so far.
    Pargo had a very good year in Moscow.

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    the na and the euroleague are very different beasts, for those that think that the likes of Wade would cruise in the euroleague,he wouldnt!He would struggle,as would Iversen etc.The NBA players that would fair better in the euroleague are some of the power forwards that don't get much action in the NBA,see batiste,baston etc
    Batiste left the Charlotte Bobcats to play for Panathanaikos, some would say for more money but that's likely not the only reason. Baston had his moments in the nba but when he played the euroleague wasn't the same quality. Fortunes in the nba is a lot about getting the call and outsiders don't get the call. Look at Andrea Barnagni and the Toronto Raptors, he's not my favorite player but if he got the calls on the offensive and defensive sides Toronto would be one of the better teams in the east and he would be one of the better players in the nba.