Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

get whatever drugs they are giving Wade.

NBA rookie of the year

Default re:

man if I knew I'd be winning the title in a few days, my legs would feel better too.

Very good NBA starter

when i play ball for a long time and consecutive days, i just relax for 2 days......

Low impact drills,like dribbling, and working on hook shots. Then i stretch every moment i have whether im watching tv or just sitting on the couch.

welcome to the world of the baller.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    iggyiverson here,

im actually having the same problem. my left leg is killing me. particually the tendons behind my knee area. anyone know how to get healthy??

rest is a given, but any tips?? thanks
    same problem here.
    its called jumpers knee. i have on my left one, since summer. i went to a doctor and he said that i can practice but not to hard (he said this before the beginning of the season) and we are in December and i still have it :S

any suggestion?

about that of ice and heat, i confirm that ice is to be applied 24 to 48 hours after the exercise/injury, because of inflammation.
    then u can apply heat, to better recovery.
    Last edited by Snakk3; 12-16-2006 at 09:43 AM.

Saw a basketball once jumpman23's Avatar

Wink Re: How to deal with sore legs?

take tylenol or ibouprofen or a pain reliever and wear a brace on ankles to prevent further injury

Saw a basketball once captobvious's Avatar

Default Re: How to deal with sore legs?

what i normally do after playing a lot of basket ball is strech and that normally takes away most of the pain not all but most

Saw a basketball once

stay off your feet for about a day if you really wanna play ball still the next day just take a bath and soak in epsom salts, dont know how but it loosens the muscles. This what I do sometimes after really hard practices and stuff, stretching before and after playing helps tremendously, ignoring the pain though sometimes the stupidest thing you could do helps build stamina. if your in a lot of pain like agonizing pain then i suggest getting it looked at by a doctor or a trainer up at your school.:)

Drink Alaxan

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

I used to have problems with my legs too. So I had some orthopedic insoles made and I don't play (intensively) two days in a row anymore. Now I'm good. You really have to listen to your body and give it enough rest.

Banned

Man up.

ice

Quote Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
    i've playde three straight days of full court basketball, and each day i've played about 5 hours straight.

besides the constant running and gunning, im my team's sole three point shooter. when I shoot threes I put a lot of stress of my knees and lesg to jump high and release a shot.

now my leg muscles are very sore, and my knee tendons feel like they are gonna fall apart.

besides using an exercise bike to loosen up my stiff legs and ice, what else can I do?
    I know he doesn't post here anymore but 5 hours for three days straight

Saw a basketball once

Hey guys. I've played a few days in a row now and my legs feel dead, I feel like my knees are about to fall off. I normally ice them once I get home. I massage them after I finish playing ( in class or on the bus ). They used to click before, but it feels worse. It happens on both knees, on the sides of the kneecap. I can ice whenever, I have some deep heat cream lying around too. Advice?

National High School Star

I've suffered with a knee cap tracking problem in both my knees for better part of 2 years, at times, taking a week off. But I love the game so much I couldn't leave it long enough. So I would end up playing like a cripple. No hops at all, as in I didn't even leave the ground. So change in direction as my knees couldn't take the force. I played by using footwork and strength. No Speed at all. My knee caps would feel like they were going to explode.

However, until last night. I purchased this tape of ebay called Kinesiology Tape after hearing good things. NBA players often use it.
    I shaved about a foot long section over my knee on my right leg (launch leg)
    And taped it, I strip around the left of the knee cap, one around the right, and a strip over the bottom portion at about 50% tension.
    Played a game last night, and my right knee is great, about 95% compared to my untapped left which is currently about 80%.
    Another advantage of the tape is that it is water proof. I put it on Monday night so I could try taping my knee. Left it on to see how it goes. Played Tuesday, and am still wearing it Wednesday lunchtime. I also have a practice session tonight to which I will remove it after. It looks fine, not all haggid like other tapes.

Amazing stuff