Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #31
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The T-Wolves are going to be the worst team this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
Actually the Sixers are better than the Wolves.
How exactly?
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:38 PM   #32
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
I can see the T-Wolves getting the worst record next year and getting a Top 5 lottery pick.

I don't think so. They will win about the same number of games as they did last year. They have more of a complete team than last season. All they need is time to gel.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #33
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
How exactly?

Sixers are underrated. They are a possible playoff team in the East.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Butler is coming into his own, and Jamison is in his prime. Daniels is great at getting others involved, and Young may be a big surpise early on. They have too much NBA experience to be worse than Sota or Seattle.
Daniels is ok but he's no Jason Kidd out there. He's basically a second combo guard with a more unselfish game to complement Arenas's scoring combo guard style. Jamison, in his "prime," is actually playing below the level he did at Golden State in the 00/01 season. He's been playing at his present level for most of his career, and gives little reason to expect anything special. He's a good player, but not a franchise guy. Caron Butler, like Arenas, is coming off a season-ending injury. When healthy he's about on par with Jamison but hasn't had much luck with injuries throughout his career. After them, the rest of the team doesn't impress. Young will have to be a much better player than Rookies picked in the middle of the first round normally are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
I don't see how that is at all possible. The Wizards were fighting for the number 1 spot in the East for a good portion of last year. Unless their team plane crashes on a road trip and everyone is injured/dead, the Wizards are gonna be a top team in the East.
Please read my post. I am discussing the very real possibility that Gilbert Arenas does not come back at his normal level. He tore his ACL in April. That's an injury that normally takes a full year for an athlete to return to a level close to their norm and often two years for them to feel 100%. Washington was not contending for a thing when Arenas went out, in fact they just ended up giving Cleveland a free pass to the second round. I do not get why everyone thinks he'll be fine in October. That's only 7 months, he'll only have just been cleared to resume playing by then. But he's going to carry a team?

I must be missing something here.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #35
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Did you forget about Al Jefferson, Ricky Davis and Randy Foye?

I did forget about Al Jeff, but I think Brewer will be better than the other two.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:33 AM   #36
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You're missing the point, the Wizards are a bunch of verteans that know their roles. All the teams I named have severe issues with the roster or are very young and have little NBA experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Please read my post. I am discussing the very real possibility that Gilbert Arenas does not come back at his normal level. He tore his ACL in April. That's an injury that normally takes a full year for an athlete to return to a level close to their norm and often two years for them to feel 100%.

He actually had a small tear of his lateral meniscus. It's nowhere near as bad as a torn ACL. Robert Swift, Nenad Krstic, Tony Allen, and Shaun Livingston tore their ACLs last year. Players that have recovered from that injury well are:
-Nene
-Al Harrington
-Baron Davis

Tearing part of your menisus is no big deal. Heaps of players have had similar injuries and come back much better.

Remember all the talk of Kobe losing a step and being a slow player after surgery? What sh*t. Young guys heal well.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:36 AM   #37
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
I did forget about Al Jeff, but I think Brewer will be better than the other two.

Really? I hate Randy Foye, but even I'l ladmit that he started to show some real promise as the season progressed. Ricky Davis is officially their 2nd best player right now. I don't see Brewer getting more minutes than him.

I can really see Al Jeff going for 22 and 12 this year
Old 09-04-2007, 06:46 AM   #38
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
u dont think randy foye or al jefferson can develop into superstars?

No.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:21 AM   #39
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You're missing the point, the Wizards are a bunch of verteans that know their roles. All the teams I named have severe issues with the roster or are very young and have little NBA experience.
There have been a lot of bad teams with vets, but this is more important:
Quote:
He actually had a small tear of his lateral meniscus. It's nowhere near as bad as a torn ACL.
Ok, that's what I was wondering about. Nevermind then.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:35 AM   #40
Seņor Cedric
why live??

^Eww, look how made I mistyped "veterans".

I do see what you mean, but I could see a team of Jamison (82 games), Butler (50 games) and Arenas (30 games), outdoing Minnesota easily. Maybe not in head to heads, that's a hard prediction, but a bunch of veterans could out do all those young guys over 82 games. Same goes for Portland and Seattle right now too.

Minnesota really has no one near Antonio Daniels' level to ru nthe offense, let alone Gilbert Arenas. Point guards are important. That's why Philly played so well IMO, Andre Miller directing the pack.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:41 AM   #41
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

The worst teams in the league in no apparent order will be the Sonics, Pacers, Wolves, Clippers, and Sixers.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: