Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 06-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default Nick Fazekas

http://www.covers.com/articles/artic...t=81416&tid=29

Fazekas still weighing options in NBA draft

Associated Press

Sun, Jun 4, 2006

RENO, Nev. -- Nevada`s star forward Nick Fazekas is still gathering information and may not decide until just before the deadline for the NBA draft whether to return to the Wolf Pack next season, coach Mark Fox said.

Fox said the two-time Western Athletic Conference player of the year has performed well in work outs for NBA teams, but he refused to identify which clubs are showing interest.

``It`s a hard decision. He`s got to get concrete feedback from the clubs. We`re still going through the feedback,`` he told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

``Nick is going to gather information for a couple of more days and meet with his family. I told him he could take till June 18 (the final date to withdraw from the June 28 draft). He`s going to jump in with both feet whichever way he`s going.``

Fox said if the 6-foot-11 Fazekas decides to stay in the draft, the Wolf Pack probably won`t recruit another player to replace him for the 2006-07 season.

``We recruited all year like he would be gone,`` Fox said. ``That`s been our intention in recruiting the entire time.``

Most pre-draft speculation has Fazekas as a late first-round or early second-round draft selection.

``He could go 25 to 30 if one of those teams down there like him,`` said Tony Ronzone, a former Pack player who is the director of basketball operations/director of international scouting for the Detroit Pistons.

``More than likely he`ll be second round. There`s nothing wrong with him playing another year at Nevada. There`s nothing wrong if he wants to go second round. Guys that went in the second round have had very good careers. The only problem with second round is there`s no guaranteed contract.``

Fazekas announced in April he would enter the draft without an agent so that he could return for his senior year if it looked like he wouldn`t be drafted early.

``More than likely, if I`m not a first-round pick then you`ll probably see me back here,`` he said at the time.

Ronzone said Fazekas` chances of getting into the first round might have been impacted by the number of talented point guards and international players who entered the draft.

The teams that currently have the last six selections in the first round from 25 to 30 are the Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Lakers, Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks, New York Knicks and Portland Trailblazers.

Fox also said Friday that Nevada and Marcelus Kemp, its second leading scorer last season, got good news when the NCAA granted him a sixth year of eligibility, giving him two more seasons to play for the Wolf Pack.

Kemp, a 6-foot-5 guard from Seattle, suffered a foot injury and redshirted in the 2002-03 season. He played on Nevada`s Sweet 16 team in 03-04, but was sidelined all of 04-05 with a torn anterior cruciate ligament. Last season, Kemp averaged 15 points and three rebounds and exploded for 34 points in the Pack`s loss to Montana in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

``You used to have to wait (to be granted a sixth year), but they`ve changed the process,`` Fox said. ``It`s great for him and us. We were pretty confident he would get it.``

http://www.covers.com/articles/artic...t=81416&tid=29
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really like Fazekas from Nevada. I think if he enters the draft, he would be a good pick up in the second round.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #3
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

skywalker, maybe late 2nd round
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

He'll be back at Nevada next season.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I heard he runs like a big foot thats weird lol, that would generate soem cool nicknames i think
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:13 PM   #6
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Yeah he does run like big foot
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #7
computerblue
Can barely lace up my sneakers

computerblue has an OK reputation so far

i grew up watching fazekas play for ralston valley high school and he runs like a pidgeon. hes sick though, id take him where the nuggets are sitting at 49, but not in the first round
computerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #8
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm sure the Nuggets would take him, but I'm almost certain he knows that is his range and he'll go back to school.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:54 AM   #9
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

He'll be real solid whereever he goes
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:38 PM   #10
fatboy11

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2477206

Just as I suspected, Fazekas has withdrawn from the draft.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: