Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #1
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far
Default A SG eligible player that gets 3's and assists

Kirk Hinrich is a good candidate, anyone else?

For 3's atleast 1 per game.

For assists atleast 4 per game.

Is Mike James SG eligible?
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

idk about mike james but maybe leo barbosa but idk if he gets 4 assists per and if duhon sg eligible he gets about 4 assists and one 3
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:05 PM   #3
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
Kirk Hinrich is a good candidate, anyone else?

For 3's atleast 1 per game.

For assists atleast 4 per game.

Is Mike James SG eligible?

Just off the top of the head I think Joe Johnson was the leader in total assts for the SG position last year. 130 3s. 100+ Stls. 4 assts/game and 1-2 3pts/game. Not to mention the ability to put up a stat sheet that looks like:

40 pts, 6 rebs, 2 stls, 1 blk, 5 3s.

Sure Joe hurts you in FG% but he should help in FT% (around 80).

And then there's Wade and Hinrich as you mentioned. The drop off for assisting SG eligible players drops big after Wade from 500+ assts down to 360+ with ray ray allen and ricky davis (ricky davis was a great fantasy guard rarely drafted in 10-12 team leagues). Anway Joe is your man based on your criterea.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

and do you just want to know in general? or do you have a limited list to choose from?
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:24 PM   #5
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Yeah Joe Johnson is definitely the ultimate option...but he comes at a high price. Who is a poor man's Joe Johnson?

Here is my team:

PG: Jason Kidd

SG: Gerald Wallace

G: Luke Ridnour

SF: Shawn Marion

PF: David West

F: Andrei Kirilenko

FC: Jermaine O'Neal

C: Chris Kaman

Util: Deron Williams

Upon further review of my starting lineup, the person I need doesnt necessarily need SG eligibility. I can just replace Luke Ridnour at the G position with someone that gets both assists and 3's.

Kidd and D.Williams are good for 3's as is Shawn Marion.

Another idea is to move Shawn Marion to PF, Gerald Wallace to SF and trade David West for the guy I need. David West should be a pretty good commodity.

So the person I need can be a SG or G. Maybe Rafer Alston then? Who else is there? Jason Williams?
Old 11-05-2006, 07:33 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rafer or Williams don't have SG eligibility, do they? Brandon Roy is definately an option. I think he had 5-6 assists the other night against Minny. Delonte West is ok as well, but might not get the minutes to warrant a pickup. These are just some cheaper prospects, as opposed to moving big pieces to get a guy like Hinrich or Johnson.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #7
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Does Steve Francis have SG eligibility?
Old 11-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #8
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, just look these guys up on yahoo. Is that where your league is? Because I assume Steve is only PG eligible, but you might be better off just looking it up instead of asking constantly. I don't mean to be a prick, but it just makes a little more sense.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
BigAl
High School JV MVP

no, the league is NBA.com...I dont think you can look up position eligibility on NBA.com unless you own the player or they are a FA.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #10
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Oh ok. Well can't you look at another guy's team and figure out the positions for each guy from there? I don't know. I can't really tell you who's eligible and who's not because I use yahoo, and yahoo and NBA.com have different positions for different players. I heard NBA.com kind of sucks, so yeah, I don't know what to tell you.

But Brandon Roy (Portland) would definately be SG eligible, and he will get assists this year. I'd take the risk anyway.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #11
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Oh ok. Well can't you look at another guy's team and figure out the positions for each guy from there? I don't know. I can't really tell you who's eligible and who's not because I use yahoo, and yahoo and NBA.com have different positions for different players. I heard NBA.com kind of sucks, so yeah, I don't know what to tell you.

But Brandon Roy (Portland) would definately be SG eligible, and he will get assists this year. I'd take the risk anyway.

Yes I can do that, except that Steve Francis is on the other guys bench so it doesnt tell me.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:03 PM   #12
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
Upon further review of my starting lineup, the person I need doesnt necessarily need SG eligibility. I can just replace Luke Ridnour at the G position with someone that gets both assists and 3's.
Much to my surprise it looks like Ridnour's developed an outside shot. He's averaged 1.5 over the last two games and has 2 going into the fourth quarter in tonight's game. So you might consider holding onto him for awhile longer since he's money in steals, FT%, assists and TOs (for a point guard) and now is doing well from the perimeter. His scoring is up so far this season.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 11-05-2006 at 11:08 PM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: