Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: I didnt make my High School Basketball Team?

Ehh, coach wouldn't let me be a practice player, but he let me be e team manager. I guess it's cause it's my last year of high school and he felt sorry for me....

Anyways, he told me I would get to practice with the varsity team, and if someone has grade problems or is injured, I can play limited minutes in the games. I get my own jersey tho, and I chose 23.

Things aren't so bad I guess, but now I'm worried people are gonna shit on me and ridicule me cause I'm the manager

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    Ehh, coach wouldn't let me be a practice player, but he let me be e team manager. I guess it's cause it's my last year of high school and he felt sorry for me....

Anyways, he told me I would get to practice with the varsity team, and if someone has grade problems or is injured, I can play limited minutes in the games. I get my own jersey tho, and I chose 23.

Things aren't so bad I guess, but now I'm worried people are gonna shit on me and ridicule me cause I'm the manager
    Don't worry so much what other people think.

It's pretty obvious that being a basketball player is going to play a very small part in your life. Not trying to be a dick, just stating the obvious. So your decision now is how important is it for you to be involved in the game?

Is coaching maybe enough for you? If so you've got a great opportunity to see the inner workings.

If not it may be time to make that tough self-assessment and move on to an area in which you have a better opportunity for success.

You're in 12th grade and I know it seems like a huge deal, but this is a miniscule sample of what your life is going to be. You will have accomplishments and, unfortunately, disappointments that will make this look like nothing in comparison.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck.
    Last edited by JMT; 11-20-2012 at 12:45 PM.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

5'6-5'8, 110-115 pounds, asian

If you truly love the game then fck those people. Just keep working on your game and hope for the best.

You guys are getting trolled, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    If you truly love the game then fck those people. Just keep working on your game and hope for the best.
    this. if they were good teammates they wouldnt act like that.

anyways congrats, this could be a blessing in disguise, a lot of great pro coaches started off the same way you are right now, if that's what youre into

Do you want to play in college? You seem to be dedicated enough for a D3 maybe, just need to beef up.

Obvious troll. Someone who practiced basketball hours a day knows their height exactly and doesn't say 5'6" to 5'8".

I got cut in 8th grade despite being the best or 2nd best player in the school. The coach was also a teacher and was part of a drug cover-up (for me) so I guess this was my punishment. Everyone was shocked I didn't make the team, but I didn't say anything. I played my first two years of high school as well, but gave up after that to focus on other subjects (like girls and drugs).

Im coaching JV at my old highschool right now, and cuts were tough because there were 3 players who will be repeat JV players, and there was one who after giving him a year extra to develop and see if he would turn out just didn't... so with tough competition, we cut him.

I have never been cut. I do not know what that is like. But I know the hurt ya see in someones face when they know they did everything they could and it still wasn't enough. Aint nothing changing that.

To anyone who reads this, cut recently or not, its all about love of the game.

My high school basketball team didn't have try outs. If you wanted to be on the team, you were on.

If you lasted. Most didn't.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

if u practice that much u should have at least made it to HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL, i doubt u practiced that much

or u must be really really untalented sorry :')

National High School Star

The important thing is that you tried. That's worth something. These days lots of young people like to think because they tried hard they deserve to succeed but that's not how it works. Sometimes you have to take the journey as your reward and move on. Do what most of my friends did when they didn't make the team, join some out of school leagues and torch them fools. Be a doctor or an engineer or whatever and spend your mid thirties doing whatever the **** you want whenever you want.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

This is ethier a epic troll or a person clearly lacking in basketball skill/IQ

Sounds like you are too short and does not have the physical size to play with the big boys. I suggest taking up ping pong or badminton where you won't be at a disadvantage.