Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Aliens

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Ancient Aliens

Ancient Aliens
    Michael Robles
    Monday, May 30, 2011 at 10:23am

Something to think about. Ancient Egyptian Pyramids like Giza as well as other massive sculptures cannot be duplicated right now with our technology. The top Architects have said they cannot recreate the Sphinx. The only way to get such precision shapes in Granite are with top of the line industry level drills. Stonemasons have said they can't make duplicates with their own hands. Each block used for The Great Pyramid of Giza weighed up to 80 tons or 160,000 pounds. The strongest tractor or crane in the world cannot lift that much. The wheel was not even invented or in use at that time. So the question is... how did men move stones that big up to 500 miles from rock quarries?

Current dating methods actually point to the possibility that maybe the true age of Giza and other great Pyramids is around 10,500 BC. BEFORE the Egyptians.

Some say the Egyptians did not build the pyramids and the age of the pyramids is older than we think. Throughout history, there have been references to "sky gods" and flying machines. Many people think there is a possibility that the builders of the pyramids either had help from extraterrestrial beings or were at least helped by them. It is inconceivable mere muscle power could have transported those huge stones and lifted them hundreds of feet in the air. Some say they stones were placed on huge wooden rollers, but there are not many trees in Egypt.

Certain facts point to external influences. One fact is the pyramid is exactly lined up with magnetic north, but the Egyptians did not have compasses for this. Another factor is that it supposedly took hundreds of thousands of workers to build it and that many people were not available at that time. Also, there is mention of the pyramid in early hieroglyphic writings that predate the time we assume it was built.

Early writings also mention beings coming from the sky. Egyptians were very good about keeping records of everything they did, from wars to construction, but there are no writings about them building the pyramids.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 05-30-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Ancient Aliens

fvck aliens and pyramids and all that shit. Stay kushed

Couple extra facts.

If you take the perimeter of the pyramid and divide it by two times the height, you get a number that is exactly equivalent to the number pi (3.14159...) up to the fifteenth digit. The chances of this phenomenon happening by sheer chance is remarkably small. Did the ancient Egyptians know what the number pi was? Not likely, seeing as it was a number not calculated accurately to the fourth digit until the 6th century, and the pyramids calculate it to the fifteenth.

Even though the sides of the base of the pyramid are some 757 feet long, it still forms an almost perfect square? Every angle in the base is exactly 90 degrees. In fact, the sides have a difference in length of something like two centimeters, which is an incredibly small amount.

A group of modern scientists attempted to build a pyramid next to the real one using modern technologies, and after 100 days, succeeded in building one about 1/40 of the size of the real one.

Per cracked:

The architects of millennia past actually had some pretty damn spiffy techniques for moving enormous objects from one place to another, and none of them involved just throwing as many Jews at the project as possible.

For one, the Egyptians actually used independent contractors just like the Empire did when they built the Second Death Star. Researchers have found that small teams of professional laborers could have done much more with a little ingenuity than hundreds of thousands of peons, no matter how hard you whipped them. It's very probable that they simply put the rocks on barges and towed them along the Nile to their destination.

But how did they stack them so high, you ask? Well, fortunately, the Pyramids happened to have a pyramidal shape, which was ideally-suited for a system of ramps. That's right, it was an astounding coincidence that the shape of the building happened to also be the easiest possible way to move the stones up that building.
    Where is this 'proof' the nutjob who wrote that article rants on about? Who are these 'scientists'?

Interesting read, though I can already tell it's not from a credible source. The person who typed it-- I'm guessing it was you, OP? -- used poor grammar.
    This isn't English class, though, so let me get the article's info itself.
    Aliens building the pyramids? . . . It seems plausible. Seriously, I've always wondered how the hell the Egyptians built those damn things...

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Interesting read, though I can already tell it's not from a credible source. The person who typed it-- I'm guessing it was you, OP? -- used poor grammar.
    This isn't English class, though, so let me get the article's info itself.
    Aliens building the pyramids? . . . It seems plausible. Seriously, I've always wondered how the hell the Egyptians built those damn things...
    My bad I didn't proof read it too much. Just wrote it up real quick. Didn't think that would be an issue with the terrible grammer that flies around ISH on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Per cracked:

Where is this 'proof' the nutjob who wrote that article rants on about? Who are these 'scientists'?
    The problem with these theories are that the dates are off. The modern Nile was formed around 10,000 BC. Recent dating methods point to the Pyramids NOT being built by Egyptians due to dating showing that they are likely around 10,500 years old or older.

For example here is one example of a logical source/science on why this may be.

"10,500 BC is when Orion's belt in the sky aligns with the Pyramids at the lowest point possible on the horizon, and also, at that point it is a perfect 45 degree angle. It is the first time in the precessional cycle that Orion is visible above the Horizon, and it is also the the first time the constellation of Leo is visible in the horizon. In any given year, the peak point that Orion reaches while traveling through it's orbits and ecliptic, is when it is due south. 10,500BC is the "first time" it is visible traveling an ecliptic and it is the lowest and shortest path possible in any year. It is the only year the Giza Plateau matches the sky exactly."

http://indigosociety.com/showthread....ky-in-10-500BC

http://www.mysticalblaze.com/PlacesPyramidsWhen.htm

Don't tell me Astronomy isn't a valid science either because it obviously is.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 05-30-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    The problem with these theories are that the dates are off. The modern Nile was formed around 10,000 BC. Recent dating methods point to the Pyramids NOT being built by Egyptians due to dating showing that they are likely around 10,500 years old or older.

For example here is one example of a logical source/science on why this may be.

"10,500 BC is when Orion's belt in the sky aligns with the Pyramids at the lowest point possible on the horizon, and also, at that point it is a perfect 45 degree angle. It is the first time in the precessional cycle that Orion is visible above the Horizon, and it is also the the first time the constellation of Leo is visible in the horizon. In any given year, the peak point that Orion reaches while traveling through it's orbits and ecliptic, is when it is due south. 10,500BC is the "first time" it is visible traveling an ecliptic and it is the lowest and shortest path possible in any year. It is the only year the Giza Plateau matches the sky exactly."

http://indigosociety.com/showthread....ky-in-10-500BC

http://www.mysticalblaze.com/PlacesPyramidsWhen.htm
    Look bro, sites like "mysticalblaze" or "indigosociety" are not valid sources. I mean look at this shit: http://www.mysticalblaze.com/

The problem for your theory is:
    Pyramids are all linked with clear historical events. So what gives? Is everything thousands of scientists and historians have learned about Egypt over the course of centuries a big lie? It sounds like a reach.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Look bro, sites like "mysticalblaze" or "indigosociety" are not valid sources. I mean look at this shit: http://www.mysticalblaze.com/

The problem for your theory is:
    Pyramids are all linked with clear historical events. So what gives? Is everything thousands of scientists and historians have learned about Egypt over the course of centuries a big lie? It sounds like a reach.
    Hey I'm not saying those sites are Discovery Channel reputable or anything. I'm saying the specific articles and reasoning ARE indeed logical and valid. The article I posted is broken down by Astrology and mathematics which you haven't refuted. Ancient civilizations were known for their use of Astrology so why would this not be valid? Dating alone suggesting that Egyptians may not have built it is enough to punch a hole in your theory. In 10,500 BC the Nile didn't run the same route it does now. So the Barge theory doesn't work.

"Many legends passed down from ancient civilizations mention the Pyramid as a repository of sorts to protect the knowledge of a highly advanced civilization from "a flood." This is significant, and there are records that indicate that before the limestone surface of the Pyramids was stripped away, there was a water line that reached to about halfway up the Great Pyramid - about 240 feet - strongly suggesting that the Pyramids were built before the great flood - which occurred around 10,000 B.C.

Inside, when the Great Pyramid was first opened, there were thick salt deposits along the walls to about halfway up. Though some of this salt is attributable to natural weeping by the rocks, some is also consistent chemically with sea salt - another strong piece of evidence for the Pyramids being in existence before the Great Flood. Indeed, modern studies indicate that 10,000 B.C. was a time of massive geomagnetic, climactic and geologic changes, and it is also the time frame that Plato uses to describe the destruction of the great civilization of Atlantis - assumedly from the same catastrophic events.

There is some evidence astronomically that coincides with the 10,000 - 12,000 B.C. timeline for the construction of the Pyramids. It has long been strongly suspected that the Pyramids have an integral connection to the night sky, and to the constellation Orion in particular. The three Pyramids are not in perfect, straight alignment as one might expect, but are slightly askew.

This configuration is strongly suggestive of three stars in Orion's belt, though their orientation is different. However, if you turn the clock back by about 10,500 years, suddenly the orientation and alignment becomes perfect (see comparison below). This is strong evidence in support of the Pyramids being built during this time in ancient history rather than the classical timeframe given to us by mainstream Egyptologists."

Decent college freshman

now I know we ain't talking bout Ancient Aliens without having a photo of this guy

Come on playa

BTW before this turns into a debate.. I wanted to say that is NOT my intention. I was bored and researching and figured I'd share for anyone interested in things like this. I don't mind a debate or backing up what I write... but I'd prefer this page not turn into a debate that goes in circles. Just intended as some food for thought. I'm open minded to the idea that it's a lost technology NOT given by Aliens that allowed these constructions but to say it's all been explained is a complete lie. It's on par with saying the entirety of the world's oceans have been discovered or are well known. Reality is there are MANY mysteries about the construction of the pyramids, especially Giza. All we have to this point is theory, no verified facts.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 05-30-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    now I know we ain't talking bout Ancient Aliens without having a photo of this guy

Come on playa
    Hahaha.... Dude I love that show. It's actually one of the things that got me into the research of Ancient Aliens and Sumerian culture. Previously I was just into modern Alien research. That guy is so awesome and enthusiastic.

The problem with all these shows is they say lots of facts which may or may not be true. "DO YOU KNOW THAT THE PYRMAID IS PERFECTLY POINTING TO THE STAR OF ORION WHICH COULD ONLY BE KNOWN IF THE BUILDERS WERE ALIENS?" Statements which i have no idea if the first part, where it's pointing is true, or the second part, you could only know it a certain way, if that is true. The whole show is like that. If you believe all these statements blindly, then the show is amazing. When you realize not one thing is said that can possibly be verified (or no one besides the people who want this to be true have said is verified) then it's much less interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The problem with all these shows is they say lots of facts which may or may not be true. "DO YOU KNOW THAT THE PYRMAID IS PERFECTLY POINTING TO THE STAR OF ORION WHICH COULD ONLY BE KNOWN IF THE BUILDERS WERE ALIENS?" Statements which i have no idea if the first part, where it's pointing is true, or the second part, you could only know it a certain way, if that is true. The whole show is like that. If you believe all these statements blindly, then the show is amazing. When you realize not one thing is said that can possibly be verified (or no one besides the people who want this to be true have said is verified) then it's much less interesting.
    The proper way to discover the truth and advance science is to listen, test it and form your own theories and opinions which is what I do. I don't hear these things and instantly use them as my word. I research it until I find the theory that makes the most sense to me. If there are a million holes in a theory obviously I don't believe it.