Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lakers fans cheering for the Magic have a reality check coming...

Cleveland would be the easier matchup but I think we can still beat the Magic. The series will probably go 6 or 7 games perhaps but I'm not terrified about the thought of facing Orlando but at the same time I'm aware that they aren't going to just lie down and not give us a run for our money.

Very good NBA starter

well i would of much rather faced the cavs in the finals. but i think we should be able to handle the magic in 5 or 6. Need to take those first two at home

Good High School Starter

DWIGHT HOWARD is the MAN

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

This should be a good series.

Despite the "Lebron vs. Kobe" hype, I don't think the Cavs-Lakers would've made that entertaining a series. The 2 games they played this year were disappointing. The Magic-Laker games I saw (with Nelson playing PG) were exciting.

I was rooting for the Magic beacause:

a) Jameer Nelson isn't playing (he was responsible for their 2 wins vs LA)
    b) We'll have home court advantage

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miniharrison37
    Yeah, I used to like bruceblitz posts, but after that little statement not as much.
    I apologize for bringing it so hard in this post, because I know the silent majority of Lakers fans weren't cheering against LeBron just for the sake of cheering against him, I aimed this post at the ones who were. Should be a fun series to watch but I warn you Lakers fans, this Magic team is scary. I have Lakers winning game 1, if you don't win game 1 the fat lady will already be warming up her vocal cords. From game 2 and on I can realistically see the Magic controlling this series. Better close out on the perimeter and no way will the Lakers bigs be able to contain Dwight. Bynum will be in foul trouble the entire series.

Real Men watch CBM

Lakers fans better not get too over-confident against these Magics.

This reminded me of when Lakers fans wanted to face HOU rather than POR, and got a little too over-confident, and the next thing you know the Rockets took them to 7 games.

"Be careful what you wish for?"

Lakers fans better have learned from this.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    The Lakers fans who are cheering for the Magic are retards. If I was a Lakers fan I would want to face the Cavs but they are blinded by their hate for LeBron, they just want to see LeBron's team fail even though he's the only player in NBA history to put up 40+ 8+ 8+ in a series, which he's doing so far in this series. Should be cheering for the Cavs. IF the Magic close this series out, which it looks inevitable, you guys will get what you wished for. Be careful what you wish for.

-Lakers suck at defending the pick n roll, the Magic are great at getting open 3 point shots off a high screen

-Lakers will not have an answer for Dwight Howard

-Lakers bigs will be neutralized by Dwight

The Magic will crush the Lakers if LeBron doesn't pull a historic performance to bring the Cavs back in this one (cavs are down by 15 points in the first half as I type this)

It must hurt to have sand in your vag*na, doesnt it?

Banned

Well i wanna see Dwight get himself a ring so now its pretty much a win win, except id prefer the lakers to win

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan-esque
    Lakers fans better not get too over-confident against these Magics.

This reminded me of when Lakers fans wanted to face HOU rather than POR, and got a little too over-confident, and the next thing you know the Rockets took them to 7 games.

"Be careful what you wish for?"

Lakers fans better have learned from this.
    LOL what is your point???? The Lakers are in the Finals and the Rockets are at home.

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
    Wrong. My Bulls didn't lose a series they were favored to win. I'm actually kind of happy that the Cavs were eliminated because it increases our chances to bring LeBron to Chicago. My Bulls will get D Wade or LeBron in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    Well i wanna see Dwight get himself a ring so now its pretty much a win win, except id prefer the lakers to win
    ur not a true laker fan

Good college starter

I just couldn't stand the Cavs fans. I rather loose to the Magics than hear cr2p from the Cavs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
    I just want home court and pleezebelieve to leave.