Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Did it hit the rim?

it clearly did. you can see the trajectory of the ball change as a consequence.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

This is bad. You must have the smallest TV in the world or a fuzzy screen. Maybe you watch streams on the net? Well, it was clear that the ball hit the rim. VERY CLEAR after the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by DwightHowardMVP
    It want even close. All the views and you still cant see the ball touching the rim.

And the trajectory of the ball never changed so obviously it didn't hit anything.

If they're going to review some plays and not all. They need to get rid of replay
    how about you understand the rules of the game? Unless its a possession out of bounds situation (i.e. not a shotclock violation), there is no such thing as review.

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    This is bad. You must have the smallest TV in the world or a fuzzy screen. Maybe you watch streams on the net? Well, it was clear that the ball hit the rim. VERY CLEAR after the replay.
    yeah, I thought it was clear in game play with the angle from the otherside of the court. both replays show a trajectory change no question.

I saw the replay and DVR'd it. You can't tell. If it were the NFL it would have been inconclusive and the call on the field would have stood.

Clearly though, such calls should be reviewable.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    how about you understand the rules of the game? Unless its a possession out of bounds situation (i.e. not a shotclock violation), there is no such thing as review.

Thats exactly what i mean. If there only going to review out of bounds plays then might as well get rid of all of it.

The whole replay system is flawed

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by t-rex
    I saw the replay and DVR'd it. You can't tell. If it were the NFL it would have been inconclusive and the call on the field would have stood.

Yeah thats what i find funny. How people saying it was clear as day that it hit the rim.

Original call was La ball should have never changed it

Thats exactly what i mean. If there only going to review out of bounds plays then might as well get rid of all of it.

The whole replay system is flawed
    sure, but then why only the last 2 minutes. plays that could be overturned during the other 46 mins have just as much impact and cant be reviewed.

If you doubt, rewatch replay from the front, in HD and slow-mo, ball obviously grazed the rim. Its silly refs cant review such situations, but surprisingly they made a right call, even broken clock is right twice per day

Yeah thats what i find funny. How people saying it was clear as day that it hit the rim.

Original call was La ball should have never changed it
    personally I thought it was pretty clear that it hit the rim during the live broadcast

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    sure, but then why only the last 2 minutes. plays that could be overturned during the other 46 mins have just as much impact and cant be reviewed.
    Yeah. Exactly. ANd if someone gets fouled and they see it in the replay they cant call it. So might as well just save replay for game winners

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-rex

Agreed. There is no 100% way to tell, it wasn't clear, and if it were the NFL the call would have stood due to it being inconclusive. Good post.

I do believe though that it did NOT hit the rim. I never saw the ball change trajectory till it hit the backboard and I didn't see the net move one bit. If it did indeed hit the rim, it grazed it so lightly that it's like putting your finger on a wall or desk with as little amount of your finger actually touching said wall or desk. Just BARELY grazing.

Judging by the player's reaction, I assumed it hit the rim. The replay confirmed it.

I'm on this thread to see how many are in denial that it hit it.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Agreed. There is no 100% way to tell, it wasn't clear, and if it were the NFL the call would have stood due to it being inconclusive. Good post.

I do believe though that it did NOT hit the rim. I never saw the ball change trajectory till it hit the backboard and I didn't see the net move one bit. If it did indeed hit the rim, it grazed it so lightly that it's like putting your finger on a wall or desk with as little amount of your finger actually touching said wall or desk. Just BARELY grazing.
    Did you not see the multiple angles?

Learning to shoot layups

NO it did NOT hit the rim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF4dRipXg7I

The rim didnt shook one little bit, the net didnt shook one little bit, the ball didnt change any direction before it hit the backboard

All who say that it hit the rim are liars