Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: Team USA Cuts John Wall, Bradley Beal, and Paul Millsap

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    I couldn't care less what coaches "rave" about. Rose was apparently back at an MVP level before the season started last year. Until I see Rose defend at a consistently high level myself, I don't buy it.
    Yea, because coaches don't know what they're talking about. Even without their validation, if you actually watched him play you'd know he's always been slept on in those regards. He gets especially geared up to defend elite players at his position. Does quite well too.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Im with you on the Plumlee/Cuz thing but you really think Wall should make it over Kyrie?

I dont care if Kyrie's defense is nowhere near Wall levels.

John Wall cannot shoot a fricken basketball. Its pathetic. He has so much talent too. He's a really good player but his inability to shoot is just too much of a weakness compared to the other guards.
    He's a playmaker. The team has enough shooting as it is. Wall is also a better all around player than Irving by a solid margin.

Which one of those PG's can defend?
    Rose..

Derrick Rose / Steph Curry / Kyrie Irving
    James Harden / Klay Thompson
    Kevin Durant / DeMar DeRozan / Kyle Korver
    Anthony Davis / Kenneth Faried
    Demarcus Cousins / Andre Drummond

is the team I would go with

@ Kyrie making it over Wall. The Duke Bias is real. If Plumlee gets picked over Cousins it will be even more obvious.
    Wall can't shoot, he can't make it. You have to be able to shoot if you're a wing player in international play.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    Derrick Rose / Steph Curry / Kyrie Irving
    James Harden / Klay Thompson
    Kevin Durant / DeMar DeRozan / Kyle Korver
    Anthony Davis / Kenneth Faried
    Demarcus Cousins / Andre Drummond

is the team I would go with
    I think Curry is likely to play more of the 2 on this team. That's how they've been using him in practice/scrimmages.

@ Kyrie making it over Wall. The Duke Bias is real. If Plumlee gets picked over Cousins it will be even more obvious.
    Kyrie > Wall

Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Wall can't shoot, he can't make it. You have to be able to shoot if you're a wing player in international play.
    No you don't. Rondo played pretty well 4 years ago before he was cut for off the court reasons. Kidd was on multiple Olympic teams. This team has shooting covered. Wall brings more to the table than Kyrie does overall.

Wall didn't make it because he went to Kentucky, while Irving went to Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Kyrie > Wall

Deal with it.
    You don't actually believe that.

No you don't. Rondo played pretty well 4 years ago before he was cut for off the court reasons. Kidd was on multiple Olympic teams. This team has shooting covered. Wall brings more to the table than Kyrie does overall.

Of course they're exceptions. Kidd was a shooter because later in his career he was actually able to hit the outside shot. Wall isn't an exception though. Get over it.

He's a playmaker. The team has enough shooting as it is. Wall is also a better all around player than Irving by a solid margin.
    While this team is loaded w/ shooting, you can never have enough.

I also wildly disagree with you that Wall is a better all around player by a solid margin. Im not totally in disagreement with some of the things you have said.

But you should know better than to make some grand statement that Wall is much better. They clearly are in the same tier.

Jason Kidd is one of the best PG's of all time. Not to mention as good as Wall can be with setting up teammates, he has NOTHING on Jkidd as a passer. Kidd was smarter and harder working too IMO.

Can you at least admit that Wall not being able to shoot is some form of a problem?

Team USA has little to no post offense, we need every perimeter player to be able to shoot a little bit if not a lot.

From what I gathered, Rondo was cut because they had enough PG's and Team USA finds a way to cut certain players but make up excuses out of respect for said player.

Rondo was established and a champ, and Team USA didn't want to embarrass him. Rose beat him out BTW.

Wall and Beal are young and don't need being cut to be covered up because they'll have another chance at making the roster down the road.

You don't actually believe that.
    I've actually never doubted it. And only this past season has anyone questioned it...

Yeah, I think Kyrie is a flat-out better player and that isn't even factoring in international play, which mandates being able to shoot the basketball. Wall looked pretty awful the other night.

He still tends to get out of control along with his shooting issues. Yeah, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that he was left on the cutting room floor. I have nothing against the guy, but Irving is just better, imo.

How many Bucks players got cut from the team? Oh wait...