Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Other european leagues

Just watching CSKA Zalgiris great game so far .

Default Re: Other european leagues

Fiba what do you think about Uros Duvjnak for Serbia's national team?

Look what he did at Aris in Greek League:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4TIyCKRQaU

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Fiba what do you think about Uros Duvjnak for Serbia's national team?

Look what he did at Aris in Greek League:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4TIyCKRQaU
    I heard he is playing well in Greek League but I no one considers him good enough to play on NT and he isn't better than other guards so no he probably won't get invited .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    I heard he is playing well in Greek League but I no one considers him good enough to play on NT and he isn't better than other guards so no he probably won't get invited .
    What other guards? Only Teodosic is any good.

What other guards? Only Teodosic is any good.
    Not true :

Markovic is great defender and is very good passer ( has the most assists in Eurocup history ) if healthy he will be our second pg withuot a doubt .

Micov is playing very good in CSKA so he is probably going to be our first sg .

Milosavljevic is great defensive player ( he played great defense on Navarro this season and still had 14 on 100% shooting ) and a rebounder ( for a sg ) , can hit an open shoot . He is a energy guy who will probably be our 2nd or 3rd sg .

They all had very good seasons so far and deserv to be invited but there is still a room for one more and it will probably be Nedovic , Tripkovic , Tepic or Rasic , I would like Tripkovic to be in the first 12 because we will need his shooting but it's hard to tell who will Duda choose .

Sg is weakest position on our NT but I hope Teodosic will find them good positions to score from so I'm not that worried .

Not true :

Markovic is great defender and is very good passer ( has the most assists in Eurocup history ) if healthy he will be our second pg withuot a doubt .

Micov is playing very good in CSKA so he is probably going to be our first sg .

Milosavljevic is great defensive player ( he played great defense on Navarro this season and still had 14 on 100% shooting ) and a rebounder ( for a sg ) , can hit an open shoot . He is a energy guy who will probably be our 2nd or 3rd sg .

They all had very good seasons so far and deserv to be invited but there is still a room for one more and it will probably be Nedovic , Tripkovic , Tepic or Rasic , I would like Tripkovic to be in the first 12 because we will need his shooting but it's hard to tell who will Duda choose .

Sg is weakest position on our NT but I hope Teodosic will find them good positions to score from so I'm not that worried .
    Milosavljevic, Tepic, Tripkovic, Markovic all suck. Sorry, just being honest. Unless Serbia gets some better guards than that they won't win anything.

Micov is really a SF to me, but with Keselj you can use him as a 2. Rasic is a very good player when he's healthy, but he's had a bunch of injury problems and I don't think he's very effective for a longtime now.

Tepic...........I don't even know what to say really. He just sucks. He has all kinds of talent, yet he just sucks.

PG Teodosic/
    SG Micov/Nedovic

I still see the need for another guard. Rasic, Tripkovic, Milosavljevic, Markovic - none of those guys are going to cut it anymore. Not considering Serbia wants to win medals.

Not saying Duvjnak is the answer or anything. I'm just saying they still need another guard. Especially considering that Nedovic is really not ready for the top level yet.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-07-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Milosavljevic, Tepic, Tripkovic, Markovic all suck. Sorry, just being honest. Unless Serbia gets some better guards than that they won't win anything.

Micov is really a SF to me, but with Keselj you can use him as a 2. Rasic is a very good player when he's healthy, but he's had a bunch of injury problems and I don't think he's very effective for a longtime now.

Tepic...........I don't even know what to say really. He just sucks. He has all kinds of talent, yet he just sucks.

PG Teodosic/
    SG Micov/Nedovic

I still see the need for another guard. Rasic, Tripkovic, Milosavljevic, Markovic - none of those guys are going to cut it anymore. Not considering Serbia wants to win medals.

Not saying Duvjnak is the answer or anything. I'm just saying they still need another guard. Especially considering that Nedovic is really not ready for the top level yet.
    So starting pg for Valencia sucks ? I know he isn't great but he is good for 10-15 minutes . Milosavljevic improved this season and is 2nd best player on Partizan and if he makes the NT he would have the same role as Paunic had . We played great in 2009 and 2010 so we have players who can win a medal but our problems started when Velickovic got injured after that others got injured as well and we started playing very bad . Speaking of Velickovic he is healthy now and will play for Mega Vizura against Partizan tommorow , he will play for Mega only couple of games and than will sign with some EL team .
    Last edited by Fiba basketball; 02-07-2013 at 12:26 PM.

So starting pg for Valencia sucks ? I know he isn't great but he is good for 10-15 minutes . Milosavljevic improved this season and is 2nd best player on Partizan and if he makes the NT he would have the same role as Paunic had . We played great in 2009 and 2010 so we have players who can win a medal but our problems started when Velickovic got injured after that others got injured as well and we started playing very bad . Speaking of Velickovic he is healthy now and will play for Mega Vizura against Partizan today , he will play for Mega only couple of games and than will sign with some EL team .
    I know, but Serbia wants medals, not just good showings. You guys caught teams by surprise those first couple of years. Not anymore though. So I still think you need a better guard than Markovic to help Teodosic.

I'm not sure Nedovic is the answer for that PG role. I see him more like a SG.

I know, but Serbia wants medals, not just good showings. You guys caught teams by surprise those first couple of years. Not anymore though. So I still think you need a better guard than Markovic to help Teodosic.

I'm not sure Nedovic is the answer for that PG role. I see him more like a SG.
    Greece also wants medals and Calathes isn't better than Markovic .

In 2009 probably but in 2010 it wasn't a surprise because that team was 2nd in Europe and had Teodosic who was MVP of EL othere teams knew they should underrate tham . After that first Velickovic got injured and during the Eurobasket Rasic and Tepic ( Teodosic was also injured but he played dispite that ) got injured too so that was one of the reasons for bad play . In qualifications we had a lot of injured players ( Micov , Markovic , Lucic , Velickovic , Perovic and Krstic who missed 3 or 4 games ) but still it isn't excuse for such a bad play .

Nedovic is a pg to me because he played very bad last season when Pesic moved him to sg . I wouldn't call him to play for NT because only thing he knows is to penetrate but he needs the ball in his hands for that and he won't get it because he still isn't that good of a scorer to get the ball more than players like Teodosic , Bjelica , Krstic etc.

Is it true that Spanoulis won't play in the Eurobasket ? I heard that Navarro , Gasol , Kirilenko , Parker , Dirk so it looks like compatition is going to be weaker than last year .

Real Barcelona starting now

2nd overtime , very interesting game so far

Is it true that Spanoulis won't play in the Eurobasket ? I heard that Navarro , Gasol , Kirilenko , Parker , Dirk so it looks like compatition is going to be weaker than last year .
    No it's not true. Spanoulis never said anything about not playing if he is healthy. Navarro, Gasol, and Dirk are all washed up and completely riddled with injuries and old age.

So them playing or not, has no affect at all on the tournament, as they could not have any impact if they played.

No it's not true. Spanoulis never said anything about not playing if he is healthy. Navarro, Gasol, and Dirk are all washed up and completely riddled with injuries and old age.

So them playing or not, has no affect at all on the tournament, as they could not have any impact if they played.
    Last year Gasol lead Spain in points and rebounds and a silver medal in the Olympics (behind only the USA so it would have been a gold in Eurobasket). Two years ago Navarro and Gasol lead Spain to a Eurobasket gold with Gasol being named to the All-tournament team and Navarro being the tournament MVP.

Yet all of a sudden they are washed up and can not have any impact. Once Spain with Gasol and Navarro lose to a team like Nigeria in an elimination game we can call them washed up and not able to have any impact in a tournament.

Greece also wants medals and Calathes isn't better than Markovic .

In 2009 probably but in 2010 it wasn't a surprise because that team was 2nd in Europe and had Teodosic who was MVP of EL othere teams knew they should underrate tham . After that first Velickovic got injured and during the Eurobasket Rasic and Tepic ( Teodosic was also injured but he played dispite that ) got injured too so that was one of the reasons for bad play . In qualifications we had a lot of injured players ( Micov , Markovic , Lucic , Velickovic , Perovic and Krstic who missed 3 or 4 games ) but still it isn't excuse for such a bad play .

Nedovic is a pg to me because he played very bad last season when Pesic moved him to sg . I wouldn't call him to play for NT because only thing he knows is to penetrate but he needs the ball in his hands for that and he won't get it because he still isn't that good of a scorer to get the ball more than players like Teodosic , Bjelica , Krstic etc.

Yeah Eurobasket before the WC is always going to be weaker than the one before the Olympics. With Spain getting an automatic birth as host all of Spain's tops guns are gearing up for 2014 as probably the last big hurrah for the core of the 2006 world champions. As for other European teams, in the last Olympics only the top 4 European teams made it while in the last World Championship the top 10 Europeans teams made it so if stars are going to sit out a Eurobasket it is more likely to be the qualifier for the WC not the Olympics.

Well Germany is bad with or without Dirk but Navarro and Gasol are important to Spain .

Navarro showed with that 33 points against Real that he could still play great on some games and Gasol is still one of the best european player .
    Last edited by Fiba basketball; 02-08-2013 at 01:17 PM.