Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wizards turned down James Harden for Bradley Beal and Chris Singleton

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...22d_story.html

Owners wouldn't commit to the contract Harden wanted.

raep tiem

Default Re: Wizards turned down James Harden for Bradley Beal and Chris Singleton

Wow lol

Default Re: Wizards turned down James Harden for Bradley Beal and Chris Singleton

as much as my first reaction was to laugh out loud, beal is eerily similar to harden coming out of college

Wow, that's less value than what OKC got from Houston. A lot less.

Wall and Harden would've be such a ridiculous backcourt to build with. This coming from someone who thinks Beal will be a good starter in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716

Too early to tell on Beal.
    But also look in context:
    1. They are in rebuild mode with Wall, Beal, Singleton, Crawford, et al.
    2. They gave out big contracts to Arenas and then traded for Lewis. And then they are still paying Andray Blatche. So giving out another big contract may not be something they are in the mood for.
    3. Would Harden be happy being there? That's an open question.

I am sick right now. I hated the Okafor/Ariza trade when it happened and now i hate it even more which i didn't think was possible.

This can't be serious...this is so stupid on the part of Washington that I question how good a GM Presti is. I'm completely serious. You can't possibly be so stupid to not only undervalue a player but to undervalue his actual market value. This is the sort of thing that makes you wonder if Presti knows what he's doing. I mean the hell out of this.

So much so that I just don't believe it. Presti cannot be so stupid.

And neither can the Wizards...they didn't want to commit to Harden's contract, but they traded for Okafor? AND Ariza?

I swear there must be more to it than just a simple Beal + filler for Harden. Presti isnt that stupid. It would take Beal at least a few years to develop and to even have a chance at sniffing Hardens production levels. I would rather have asked for the pick to be used on Drummond. But I seriously doubt Presti would be this dumb.

It was all a dream Notorious D.M.C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716

this seems so far fetched..I'm having a hard time believing that this franchise didn't want to pair Wall and Harden together

A little confused. Why do people think Presti is stupid? Beal is the #3 overall pick in the draft.....and you get him on his rookie scale contract for at least 4 years. That's very important to the Thunder. Securing a big time talent on a cheap contract...that's the only way to sustain in a small market.

As it turns out, the deal they got from Rockets is probably better, but its not silly to make that offer to Wizards.....

From Wizards perspective, it's unbelievably foolish not to grab Harden and pair him with Wall. That's baffling. What are chances Beal ends up better than Harden? Possible, but unlikely.
    Last edited by bagelred; 12-11-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Decent college freshman

I think this was a smart move. Harden is good enough to get your team out of the lottery but he's not good enough to build a championship roster around. The Wiz can keep picking up young studs on the cheap through the draft instead of being stuck in the hell that is NBA mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    As it turns out, the deal they got from Rockets is probably better, but its not silly to make that offer to Wizards.....

It's retarded. You can call Beal anything you want but him and Singleton for James Harden is retarded and indefensible.

I think this was a smart move. Harden is good enough to get your team out of the lottery but he's not good enough to build a championship roster around. The Wiz can keep picking up young studs on the cheap through the draft instead of being stuck in the hell that is NBA mediocrity.
    You got a point.

I just don't think it outweighs the opposite point: You have a chance to get a top 10 player, who is young and only going to improve, for free. All you have to do is pay him the kind of money you pay a player who's good.

Besides, what Harden brings is exactly what the Wizards lack. The Thunder have a go-to perimeter player; so for that matter do the Rockets. The Wizards don't. Best-case scenario, Wall is not exactly a guy you iso-up, or P+R, in the last two minutes of a game; Harden and Westbrook and Durant and Lin are. The Wizards needed this badly, but their ownership does not want to be good. They throw contracts at players who are obviously terrible (Blatche) and then make up for it by not paying money for guys who are awesome and on the upswing. I'm not buying prudence/patience on the part of Wizards brass here; they simply don't care to build a winning environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    It's retarded. You can call Beal anything you want but him and Singleton for James Harden is retarded and indefensible.
    How do YOU know? We don't even know how good Bradley Beal is going to be yet, right? So how can you say it's a bad trade? He's the #3 overall pick on a cheap contract.