Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 11-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
ROBB
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ROBB has an OK reputation so far
Default When is DJ Strawberry going to get some minutes?

What does DJ got to do to get some playing time?Why does coach D play Nash 35+ min. a game?Seeing Nash lying on his back when he's resting reminds me of Larry Bird at the end of his career.Coach D seems like he is taking Bank's min.away.Why give them to Pike?I want to see DJ finially get some time.
ROBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
Manphibian420
very nice

Manphibian420 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: When is DJ Strawberry going to get some minutes?

Probably because Pike is not going to get any significant PT over the course of the year, so he's throwing him a bone and letting him play some time with Nash while Raja is out for a bit. He has been with the team for longer, surely knows the system better and will just fit in better for now. The rookies will probably be getting more chances as the year goes on and they earn some trust in practice learning the system and working hard on D.
It's a long season, D'Antoni always tries a number of guys in the final rotation spot(s) until he settles in to a set group down the stretch. DJ will probably get a shot eventually.
Manphibian420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
ROBB
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ROBB has an OK reputation so far

I hope you're right,that eventully the rookies will get some time.Yesterdays game Nash again played 36 min.and 3 starters played 40+.Even Hill played 40+.I think its crazy.DJ could fill in at PG,SG,&SF.At least give him a chance.Some of the games we have 15-20 pt.leads.It seems like the other team is going to catch up whenever Nash sits(or lays on his back).So IMO we got nothing to lose anyway.Give the rookies a chance to prove themselves.Why take more chances with an injury(especially with Hill as well as he's been playing)?
ROBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:47 AM   #4
jimmyjames
Serious playground baller

jimmyjames has no real reputation yet.

Dantoni is going to play the players that give the Suns the best chance to win. Playing Pike, DJ, Banks isn't going to get it done.
jimmyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Pike is old... stop giving him minutes... DJ is a D-Wade in the making... GIVE HIM THE MINUTES!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:50 PM   #6
Manphibian420
very nice

Manphibian420 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Pike is old... stop giving him minutes... DJ is a D-Wade in the making... GIVE HIM THE MINUTES!!!
LOL at the DWade line. Pike is old, but he deserves the minutes for the moment. It's a long season, much rather give him the courtesy minutes in these early games and let the rook get in later. He sits on the bench and doesn't complain, does his job as the 13th man well.
Manphibian420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I wouldn't mind seeing him in short stretches when Nash is resting just for defensive purposes. Let's see what he can really do. I'd rather see him over Pike, or even Banks, just so we can get an idea whether or not he can contribute.

The team has already stated he is already a NBA ready defender. Surround him with the scorers that the Suns have, and he shouldn't be too much of a liability on offense.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: