Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 05-02-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Your views on Rafer Alston now

Your views on Rafer Alston now,a nd how they've changed (or haven't changed) over the last few years?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Your views on Rafer Alston now

I was a huge Skip Supporter when we first got him. Everyone wanted to keep Mike James but I thought Skip would really help us. Last season, he lost me as a supporter. Dude couldn't hit a jumper if he was playing at the Rucker. But after this season, he got me back.

He is our safest PG. He'll find the open man and get everyone into their sets. Although, he won't break down the defense and set up teammates like T-Mac can. I just hope he can keep playing like this. Will he? Who knows. He shoots under 40% for his career so if it's time for Skip to turn that corner, I hope that time is now.

Last edited by SCREWstonRockets : 05-03-2008 at 01:53 PM.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #3
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

My view of Rafer Alston's impact definitely changed after this series. He's fairly important to the Rockets, more so than I initially thought. They lost the first two games without him at home. The Rockets were playing two of the most important games without their starting point guard Alston, and they played the whole series without their best post presence, Yao Ming.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
I was a huge Skip Supporter when we first got him. Everyone wanted to keep Mike James but I thought Skip would really help us. Last season, he lost me as a supporter. Dude couldn't hit a jumper if he was playing at the Rucker. But after this season, he got me back.

He is our safest PG. He'll find the open man and get everyone into their sets. Although, he won't break down the defense and set up teammates like T-Mac can. I just hope he can keep playing like this. Will he? Who knows. He shoots under 40% for his career so if it's time for Skip to turn that corner, I hope that time is now.
Yeah, last year Alston was really starting to get on my nerves, but after what he did this year in the regular season and playoffs, I have quickly become a big supporter. He plays his heart out and always keeps the offense in control, let's T-mac play off ball, moves the ball and has really been finishing better at the rim this year. Like T-mac said they are a different team without Skip, he just makes good decisions. I am definitely grateful of Alston and his effort this year. To think we were going to replace him with Mike James or Francis, disturbs me now.

Props to Skip, for his great year.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
DreamYaoTmac5
Banned

DreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputationDreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputation

I was a supporter of him last season when we got all those new PGs and i thought he would start and i was right, and I thought he was underutlized by JVG, well Turns out i'm wrong, because Alston is a chucker sometimes and very unfundamental player with his gay use of floaters instead of finger rolls.

I hope he can change his mentality though.
DreamYaoTmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
ballinforkeeps
Banned

ballinforkeeps has an OK reputation so far

i think hes more than good enough to be our pg. he improved last season w/ an actual shot. i think he can do even more next season. prolly be more consistent w/ his shootin and wont make stupid decisions. im hopin he will become that player, hes not that far away.
ballinforkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:24 PM   #7
basketring
Can barely lace up my sneakers

basketring has an OK reputation so far

i'm a fan from china ,,,Rafer is fairly important last season .
I hope Yao and him are heath this season ..
then Rockets will go further ..
basketring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #8
Raj Da Dodge
Welcome to the New Age

Raj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaj Da Dodge is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Rafer is our best PG, and he's really good too, he has a big impact on us, like one of the reasons we went on the 22 game win streak was cuz of Rafer, he's a decent PG for us, and thats what we needed, Bobby wasn't a good PG for us, he was good, but not for us, so i'm glad we traded him, Rafer is really good, like we knew he had an impact on us when he got injured in the playoffs last year against the jazz and he couldn't play, and we lost cuz bobby isn't a decent PG for us, Rafer has a great impact on us, so I just hope he plays like he played last year and we'll be good.
Raj Da Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: