Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Default Re: #5 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    I don't think you'd want to put Shaq in that era...
    Well he would get so many offensive fouls lowering his shoulder and bulldozing people hed play 15 or 20 minutes tops (mostly just playing)

And his post moves would be limited to the way they called carries back then...ANWAYS

Shaq would be a beast in any era but he doesn't have the range or post moves Wilt has...Shaq was a FREAK of nature and I personally have him ranked either 3 or 4 for centers..But there was nothing he could do that wilt couldn't, and there was things Wilt could do that Shaq never did IMO. I know one thing, fat shaq would have a heart attack with 60s pace...he would HAVE to stay lighter which would be great for his longevity (even longer)

I dont think you would want to put ANY HOF center in THIS era haha

Imagine Shaq and Chamberlain on the same team in this era

[ [ Sickplicity ] ]

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    It wasn't even close after MJ was voted #1. For him to be ranked below #2 is a disgrace.
    SLAM Magazine would at least agree. Bet you got a real hoot at seeing Wilt #2 above Russell and with Kareem, Bird and Olajuwon at 7th, 9th and 13th respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Jonas Jerebko, the Swedish Eagle ?

Bald Eagles aren't found in the Swedish wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    A prime Chamberlain was better at scoring, rebounding, shooting, passing, and defense than a prime Kareem. Had Kareem not had the good fortune to have had the game's greatest faciltator in Magic for TEN seasons, Kareem would have been somewhere in the bottom ten, or maybe even fighting for a top-15 spot.
    He wasn't a better scorer. Kareem's scoring numbers in the Playoffs blow Wilt's away. I'll give you Rebounding and defense.
    In his ten year prime, Chamberlain battled the Celtic Dynasty in EVERY season. And often with rosters that couldn't have beaten a middle-school girl's team without him.
    Wilt played with 7 HOFers, 6 of the voted in as the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History in 1996. Also how about playing with an additional 2 All-Stars not counting the 7 HOFers. And having the best player in the league in 69 and 70. Enough with the teammates garbage that you keep on making up.
    How about a prime Kareem. He won one ring, and went to two Finals, in the weakest decade for champions in NBA history. Teams with records of 52-30, 49-33, 48-34, and 44-38 were winning titles. Hell, teams with records of 42-40 and 40-42 were in the Finals (and that 42-40 team played Kareem's lone title team.) Kareem couldn't win rings with team's that went 53-29 (best record in the league BTW), 56-26, 59-23, 60-22, and 63-19. He played with LOADED rosters in the late 70's, and his team's were blown out by Sonic's teams with half the surrounding talent he had.
    Bottomline is that he got that ring and FMVP in '71 without a great 2nd option, Oscar was on his last legs. And in '80 he was clearly the best player on that championship team, he actually led another title team in scoring something Wilty Wilt never did.
    Bird? Only won three rings, and lost SEVEN times with HCA, and playing with HOF-laden rosters in his entire career. Some of his post-season series were just pathetic, too. In his five Finals, he was the best player on the floor in two of them. And, at best, he was only the third best player on the floor in two more.
    Only 3 rings? That's more rings than Wilt won.
    Wilt lost 5/13 series with HCA, a lower win% with HCA than Bird. Or how about Wilt losing 4/6 Finals series?
    And these idiotic posts about Wilt "choking" in his post-season are truly laughable. We have posters praising Bird and Kareem for being "clutch" when the two had FAR more CHOKE jobs than Wilt did. In fact, you would be hard-pressed to find single playoff GAMES in which Wilt was outplayed, much less ANY series or entire post-season.
    Riiight. See my thread on him choking.
    I would put Wilt's BIG GAME performances up against ANY other player in NBA history. Especially if you factor in just how dominant he was against his OPPOSING centers, as well (which very few here ever mention.)
    Like his 1-11 FT shooting in 70 Finals Game 7?
    That is just one example of his garbage FT% in close game 7 losses.
    MJ has a case over Wilt. He is the ONLY one.
    MJ is one of many. MJ, Kareem, Magic, Russell, Bird, Shaq, Kobe, and Duncan have a great case over Wilt.
    Last edited by Deuce Bigalow; 08-21-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    I dont think you would want to put ANY HOF center in THIS era haha
    I think a slim/young Shaq, Hakeem, and a young Kareem would hang. Shaq used out run some fast guards back in his prime years... the man was a great athlete.

Hakeem would definitely adapt to that type of pace too. Considering he played so many different sports to keep him durable and had a huge amount of scoring skills. Kareem used to play long minutes in his prime/peak years and was the #1 option going in the 4th for many years.

All centers vs Wilt in that era would have been interesting to watch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deuces I'm a Big Dumbass
    MJ is one of many. MJ, Kareem, Magic, Russell, Bird, Shaq, Kobe, and Duncan have a great case over Wilt.
    Underlined are realistic, Bold would be only on ISH, those left on normal would have a case if the patients are mentally retarded in such a debate.
    Last edited by BrickingStar; 08-21-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train

My attempt at being funny, shattered.

But that's a cool fact that I didn't know before.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    Underlined are realistic, Bold would be only on ISH, those left on normal would have a case if the patients are mentally retarded in such a debate.
    Wilt--2 Titles/2 FMVP/4 MVP/13 All-Star Teams/10 All-NBA Teams

Bird--3 Titles/2 FMVP/3 MVP/12 All-Star Teams/9 All-NBA Teams
    Shaq--4 Titles/3 FMVP/1 MVP/15 All-Star Teams/14 All-NBA Teams
    Kobe--5 Titles/2 FMVP/1 MVP/14 All-Star Teams/14 All-NBA Teams
    Duncan--4 Titles/3 FMVP/2 MVP/13 All-Star Teams/13 All-NBA Teams

I don't think Kareem blows away wilt offensively in the playoffs at all when you look at what there rolls were and FGA...Never realized this but wilt averaged 9 assists one year in the playoffs while also getting 21.7 PTS and 29.1 Rebounds

at age 30 mind you...Imagine if THAT was his roll in his prime...

Quote Originally Posted by G-train

LOL best random fact ever on ISH...I BOW TO YOU SIR

[ [ Sickplicity ] ]

What are the current poll results on this? Don't feel like browsing the whole thread to count 'em.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Wilt--2 Titles/2 FMVP/4 MVP/13 All-Star Teams/10 All-NBA Teams

Bird--3 Titles/2 FMVP/3 MVP/12 All-Star Teams/9 All-NBA Teams
    Shaq--4 Titles/3 FMVP/1 MVP/15 All-Star Teams/14 All-NBA Teams
    Kobe--5 Titles/2 FMVP/1 MVP/14 All-Star Teams/14 All-NBA Teams
    Duncan--4 Titles/3 FMVP/2 MVP/13 All-Star Teams/13 All-NBA Teams
    So basically Rings only count and MVP's/Teams around the player don't count?

teammate excuse?

Wilt lost 5 Playoff series with Home Court Advantage
    Wilt lost in 4 out 6 NBA Finals series
    Wilt has played with 7 Hall of Fame players
    Wilt has played with 6 of the Top 50 Greatest Players in NBA History as selected in 1996
    Wilt played with arguably the best player in the league in 69 and 70 - Jerry West

[ [ Sickplicity ] ]

Wilt's four MVP's serve him pretty well. Maybe not here, but I mean.. in general. Bird's three-consecutive MVPs (the first and last since Wilt himself to do that) are probably his biggest achievement resume-wise.

just checked jlauber's page, says that he is replying to this thread at 10:40 (13 minutes ago)

prepare for an essay folks